Original Japanese Transcripts

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
thefangirllogic
Embryo

Original Japanese Transcripts

•      
  •      

Postby thefangirllogic » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:48 pm

Hello!! This is my first time posting on a forum anywhere but I am kinda desperate so I am taking a big step to find this.

I am currently a uni student writing their final year dissertation and I am writing mine partially on Evangelion (weeb yes I know I ain't dismissing the allegations). I am learned in Japanese and would like to be able to use the original Japanese scripts alongside the original Japanese dub so I can comment on language use and setting description. I know Evangelion Originals exists but there is no existence of the scans available online and from the translated version I have seen, I am aware it misses out some parts, one part I am planning on analysing in fact which is depressing. I also know it was released with the BDs but I can't seem to find a reliable source to get it from so if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

Technically this is overkill for my dissertation but eh reach for the stars ig (also I would just like to see them for curiosity sake as I am interested in Japanese voice acting as well :3)

Thank you!!!!!!!

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Original Japanese Transcripts

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:56 am

I have some friends who may be able to help you there; I'll be asking around.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”