Where is it stated (officially) that the FAR only sent out 7 seeds of life?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Asunji_Yuko
Adam

Where is it stated (officially) that the FAR only sent out 7 seeds of life?

•      
  •      

Postby Asunji_Yuko » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:47 pm

It says so here but I can't find any official source or even references to an official source that states only 7 Seeds of Life were sent out by the FAR.

https://wiki.evageeks.org/First_Ancestral_Race

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Where is it stated (officially) that the FAR only sent out 7 seeds of life?

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:01 pm

As per the article; "The information about them comes almost exclusively from their Classified Information Files and from Kaworu's 'good' PSP ending.", so it's gonna be in one of those two. These are both officially licensed material, I believe we have a translation of CI up on the wiki, if it's not in there, it would be in the PSP ending
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:08 pm

Yes, but this isn't mentioned on either page:

They were the first extraterrestrial intelligence. The humanoid species, referred to as the First Ancestral Race, started to spread Seeds of Life throughout the Milky Way Galaxy. As of yet, we do not know their motives or for what they were aiming.

It is becoming evident that multiple Seeds were disseminated. Eventually, by force of sheer bad luck, two accidentally landed on the same planet: Adam of the White Moon, and Lilith of the Black Moon.

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_In ... ranslation)

...but rather here, which is sourced on the page for the Seeds of Life themselves:

thread/8703/NGE2-First-Ancestral-Race-and-Seeds-of-Life

View Original PostReichu wrote:There were seven carriers that our home world's people boarded, you and me (1) included.
You and I were designers to the people whom we had brought with us.
After implanting into a world somewhere, we either bestowed upon them shapes as any form of life, or acted as representatives and chose the forms.

View Original PostReichu wrote:The "seven" struck me as a pretty blunt reference to "seven eyes of God" more so than anything else..

Asunji_Yuko
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Asunji_Yuko » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:50 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Yes, but this isn't mentioned on either page:

They were the first extraterrestrial intelligence. The humanoid species, referred to as the First Ancestral Race, started to spread Seeds of Life throughout the Milky Way Galaxy. As of yet, we do not know their motives or for what they were aiming.

It is becoming evident that multiple Seeds were disseminated. Eventually, by force of sheer bad luck, two accidentally landed on the same planet: Adam of the White Moon, and Lilith of the Black Moon.

...but rather here, which is sourced on the page for the Seeds of Life themselves:

View Original PostReichu#341191 wrote:There were seven carriers that our home world's people boarded, you and me (1) included.
After implanting into a world somewhere, we either bestowed upon them shapes as any form of life, or acted as representatives and chose the forms.

View Original PostReichu#341250 wrote:The "seven" struck me as a pretty blunt reference to "seven eyes of God" more so than anything else..

That last part has me thinking, maybe that's why 7 is considered a lucky number in Western cultures.

Asunji_Yuko
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Asunji_Yuko » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:09 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Yes, but this isn't mentioned on either page:

View Original PostReichu#341191 wrote:There were seven carriers that our home world's people boarded, you and me (1) included.

View Original PostReichu#341250 wrote:The "seven" struck me as a pretty blunt reference to "seven eyes of God" more so than anything else..

After reading about degrees of canonicity for Eva, my understanding is that the only parts of the NGE 2 game for PS2/PSP are the "Classified Information" sections that come from a 10 hour interview with Anno or something like that. And that the endings are pretty much just different versions of the original story done by the studio.

So, is the "7 seeds of life" thing not really canon then?

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:17 pm

You are entirely missing the point of those guidelines.
The highest applicable information is the one that is relevant and overrules the things below; things that are in lower tiers, for which there is no explicit mention or implicit suggestion otherwise in higher orders can be taken as canon when discussing lore.

also please stop obsessing so much about the canonicity tiers; it is, frankly, a bit weird how much stake you put into a classification made up by fans
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”