Khara Q&A on 1st anniversary

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Khara Q&A on 1st anniversary

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:25 am

Axx°N N. theres another instance of CG used for people and thats during Wunder's first activation sequence when you see the bridge (with all the people in it) moving into position for battle.
Also feels really uncanny to me, like they propped up a bunch of lifeless mannequins (afaik, they dont move at all) for the camera to rotate around. Imo, this is by far the worst example for cg on people as far as i can recollect in eva. As you guys mentioned, the other examples have some reason for it to be uncanny, it can even add something to scene. But that bit in the wunder does not, imo.

Axx°N N.
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Axx°N N. » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:03 am

@Zoop: I kind of lump that in with the CG crowds in 2.0 (and 1.0?) as it's not focusing enough on the people for the CG to really stand out; I'm not sure I even noticed the crew was CG the first time, because I was more overwhelmed with the elaborate scenery.

I wonder if there's other instances; I think there may be some CG going on in Q when Shinji is tripping out down the hallway after the Fuyutsuki reveal, or at least some rotoscoping, because the way Shinji is overlaid with the background, or the way he himself is moving, is really vertigo-inducing in a fitting way.
Après moi le déluge!

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:45 am

Heads up, Khara screwed up (or was it intentional?) and didn't include a bunch of questions from the stream on their twitter account. Eva-fan has thankfully done a transcript of the rest. I've updated my comment again.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”