Currently playing 4: Guns of the Patriots

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:48 pm

Finished New Vegas. Now I'm ready for Fallout 4.

It's funny to note how in-game time has progressed about five months and I've spent about five months playing it. Oh, and Wild Card forever.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Obsessed with the psp library on the vita. Been playing P3P, Fate/Extra, Valkyria Chronicles 2. Want to get Corpse Party, and FF Tactics soon too.

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Ieyasu » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Just bought Dino Crisis 1.
WHERE'S PAUL VERHOEVEN WHEN YOU NEED HIM

unz
Israfel
Israfel

Postby unz » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:09 am

uhm...bummer?

https://killscreen.com/articles/void-and-meddler-review-2/

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Ieyasu » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:10 am

I need to finish Dragon's Dogma.
WHERE'S PAUL VERHOEVEN WHEN YOU NEED HIM

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Re: Currently playing 4: Guns of the Patriots

Postby StarShaper7 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:04 pm

Been playing a lot of CS:GO lately. I calibrated to Gold Nova 2 and got up to Gold Nova Master within two days. Now I'm trying to rank up to the AK (Master Guardian). It lacks some of the features of modern FPS games but it sort of makes up for that with the addictive simplistic gameplay.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:39 pm

I'm currently about 28 hours into Mad Max. I don't think I can go back to Fallout 4 until I finish this, Mad Max is just that much better. I love how Mad Max's take on settlement-building gives you actual tangible rewards (water refills, fuel refills, health refills, automatic scrap collection) instead of being mostly cosmetic like in Fallout 4. I would encourage anyone who was disappointed by Fallout 4 like me to give this game a try.
[Redacted]

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:50 pm

Finally got around to playing Journey for the first time. It's pretty. I hope a sequel is released one day, with longer puzzles and more clues to the purpose of that world (though I highly doubt it)

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:03 am

I've been playing the hell out of Witcher 3, I hope more DLC comes out soon.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:36 am

Started playing Final Fantasy IV. As someone who has little to no experience with video games, I have found it equal parts fascinating and frustrating. The frustrating part is remembering what button does what on my gamepad and what exactly is everything supposed to do. I kind of wished it came with a guide or something.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:48 pm

such books certainly exist, or you can just check out it's listing on gamefaqs.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:54 pm

I hate to say, but I think there's something wrong with my game. It won't let me deal with a boss that the FAQs and a playthrough video on youtube says that I can do. It's no longer fun.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Still ff4? What boss?
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:21 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Still ff4? What boss?

Yeah. It's Scarmiglione, the second time around. They say you can use curing spells to hurt it, but it only allows me to choose my party members.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:53 pm

Push right. The first time might make it a 'target all' spell, but then push right again and it should let you cure the enemy.

Fire also works pretty well, and regular attacks from Cecil should do awesome damage if you equipped his new sword.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:29 pm

I went back in to try what I thought was another button (I was wrong) but I managed to bring the bastard down. But I'll try to remember it for the next time. Thanks.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I hate to say, but I think there's something wrong with my game. It won't let me deal with a boss that the FAQs and a playthrough video on youtube says that I can do. It's no longer fun.

I know you beat him already but here's a tip, sometimes you get stuck in video games. Old games especially aren't always straightforward about what you have to do to advance, leaving you to figure things out for yourself (or use the internet for help). With more gaming experience you will eventually start recognizing patterns and figuring out solutions intuitively.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:20 pm

Another thing to note is that if you're really having trouble with a boss you can usually just do random fights for a while and gain levels to give you an edge. Some degree of grinding is expected by the designers so if you aren't doing that it will be harder than normal. Don't get carried away though... Too much grinding and the game will become tedious and generally a cakewalk. A good rule of thumb is to only grind enough to upgrade your gear at each new town and maybe a few items if you're running low, then get on with it.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:21 pm

Part of the problem was that I did not know that my gamepad had those buttons (for example, I didn't realize the game had a map feature until I saw a playthrough on youtube). There definitatly is a learning curve in my case. Thanks to all for your tips.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:47 pm

Spent the last couple days playing Civilization V. Managed to guide the Japanese to a cultural victory. I was rather impressed with myself because that's the first time I've ever played a game of Civilization all the way through, much less a game I've won. I played around with it when I was younger but back then I didn't have the patience to get all the way through a 12-15 hour play-through.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”