Long NGE opening set to 'Heart: Return to your Origin!'

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

Long NGE opening set to 'Heart: Return to your Origin!'

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:16 pm

I put this together for my English Concurrency EoE cut.

UPDATE: It got struck down by Khara, and I got a copyright strike for it. So sry...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LicaG2mfhW4

Credit to Lucas Zane, who is responsible for editing most of the footage in there that didn't come from the original NGE opening. His work is linked to in the video description.
If anyone wants it subless, and/or in 480p, I can go back into Sony Vegas and quickly arrange that. Just leave the comment below.

(I have also uploaded an End Credit sequence for the movie, set to Soul's Refrain, also subbed with my English adaptation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9rGrXNJmMo )
Last edited by Angel of Will on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:29 pm

I like the song and the editing is pretty decent, although it isn't really something I'd like to see as the opening. As far as I can tell you tried to give the rather "action-less" parts of the show a big part, I really appreciate this, but in general the cut and the scenes itself don't really fit to the music. :uhh:
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:58 pm

The first thought when it came to making an opening sequence to this song was that 'Heart: Return to your Origin' and 'Cruel Angel's Thesis' had the same duration and pacing cues. So I suspected that it was made as a possible replacement theme for whatever reason (a season 2 before they found out their budget was running dry? End of Evangelion?)

So I was simply going to put the song over the original short opening. But then I came across Zane's work, and rather liked what he did with it. So I used my full adaptation of the song, and merged the two.
I have no argument with regard to how well the lyrics match the clips, as it wasn't exactly my concern. I did switch the first half and second half of the song, because I thought that meshed better than the reverse, though.

Thanks for the complements on the song.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

Return to “Fan Works”