What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:38 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:So apparently Aeria Games just put out a new korean MMO for us to play...

Scarlet Blade

I got a beta invite for that. Was gonna try it out for laughs because from what I hear the game is one giant attempt at "Sex Sells," with dialogue full of sexual innuendos and even nude character models, but then I decided to just play Runescape.

Ironically Runescape is probably one of the few games that sounds less fun on paper than a Korean MMO, and yet it just isn't.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:39 pm

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.

OK. Sorry, I'll word it differently. XD

What are those things called achtzehn and siebzehn, and what is their relation to the numbers 18 and 17? Or are they just random names? (Please without spoilers. But you can talk about races or places, don't care.)
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:46 pm

They're names of two important things. It didn't have to be 17 and 18 that they used I guess, but one number being higher than the other is kinda significant...I think.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 pm

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:They're names of two important things. It didn't have to be 17 and 18 that they used I guess, but one number being higher than the other is kinda significant...I think.

That's already deeper than Evangelion being called Evangelion because it sounds complicated I'd say.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:55 pm

It really isn't complicated at all. I'm just keeping it ultra vague as to not spoil you.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Since TERA Online has gone F2P, I decided to check it out.
After braving the 50 gigabyte download, I was not disappointed on the visual front.
Game is extremely pretty for an MMO, although I am not really a fan of it's aesthetics.
Made a High Elf Lancer and a Slayer Elin.
I always had an interest in TERA as I am a big fan of the Monster Hunter, an Action RPG series since TERA was advertised as an MMO with "dynamic combat".
But since it's an MMO, the dynamic combat really isn't that dynamic.
The lightning fast button responses are there, but the whole battle flow is almost reminiscent of other MMOs or turn-based games, even.
The frequent lags aren't really helping either.

Obligatory plump thigh loli w/ blue hair

Is it pretty?
Yes.
Is it dynamic?
Kind of.
Is it fun and rewarding to play?
Not really.

I know I probably haven't seen enough to pass a fair judgement (These 50 gigabytes must boast a HUGE world), but if a game can't hook me in the first 2 hours, it has failed.
And I really don't want to continue playing.

In the end, TERA is just another excessively glossy MMO without any redeeming qualities.
Guess I just went in with the wrong expectations, but I can see how it might be fun to some.

Please bring Monster Hunter Frontier to the West Capcom/10

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Just completed Persona 4 The Golden.
Oh my.
Definitely one of my top 5 favourite games. Probably top 3.
Too bad I've had a bunch of stuff about P3 spoiled otherwise I'd be playing that tomorrow.

It was like a cross between Eva and Silent Hill 2 all done with a much more optimistic and upbeat tone, and since Eva and Silent Hill 2 are my favourite things in the world it was glorious.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:51 pm

I am so bored of all my games last one I bought was Crysis 3 and I ended up selling it back after I beat it, Please GTA V wont you come earlier and save me from this boredom :(
*sigh* just kill me already.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:03 am

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:They're names of two important things. It didn't have to be 17 and 18 that they used I guess, but one number being higher than the other is kinda significant...I think.

If I'm remembering correctly (and I may not be, it has been a while), those were their numbers-in-series (meaning there were sixteen before them). And even if you don't know German, it's easy enough to deduce what Seibzehn means anyway: its frames are all given the designator '#17' before the HP amount.

I do wonder if that wasn't an Eva reference, now that we're on the subject. It wouldn't be out-of-place, given the game has plenty of other 'could be about NGE' nods.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 am

Got kicked up to Gold league in HotS playing Zerg.
Still a long way from Diamond, which I got in the first months of WoL when it actually meant something :/ (I was playing Terran. I miss it)

I guess my ZvP game is strongest. I usually get three bases up before joining the fight, which is hard to counter in the backend of the early game.
ZvT is weakest -- I just suck at both breaking a wall-in and building AA for the inevitable banshee runs.
ZvZ is okay, except when I'm trying to follow a build order. Just dicking around for 15hatch with a spinecrawler usually does me good; trying to follow a guide to get mutalisks inside 7 minutes and I almost always lose.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:15 am

Final Fantasy XIII boss barthandelus......................................................................
SPOILER: Show
HOLY.............FUCKING...............CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yit0+3i529tu0gj0fkofopmnmifnqewfqi3rfqefkjqoefjpqaejpfjapoijdpoijijfijeii HE'S IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i should post this to FML thread too......................

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows: That ending. I still have no ideia what happened in that ending.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Team Fortress 2. Lots of Team Fortress 2. I'm trying to get good as Soldier, as I have acquired a Strange Liberty Launcher. I'm getting better.

Also need to play more LittleBIGplanet.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Final Fantasy XIII boss barthandelus......................................................................
SPOILER: Show
HOLY.............FUCKING...............CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yit0+3i529tu0gj0fkofopmnmifnqewfqi3rfqefkjqoefjpqaejpfjapoijdpoijijfijeii HE'S IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i should post this to FML thread too......................

It really isn't that hard. Are you buffing your party and debuffing him properly?

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Beat Tomb Raider. Enjoyed it but way too easy.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:35 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Beat Tomb Raider. Enjoyed it but way too easy.

Not worth the $65 then huh? how was the MP?
*sigh* just kill me already.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:16 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Not worth the $65 then huh? how was the MP?

I haven't played MP. I'd say this though, it's a long game for nowadays standards so you will get something for your money, I just wish the puzzles and jumping weren't so piss easy.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Paranoid
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Paranoid » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Playing through the HotS campaign.
Also been giving D3 another look over the past few days. Not sure what to think. It's probably a little more interesting than it was at launch, but it's still lacking (and is ridiculously easy now). Still a huge disappointment.

I'm wondering what to do about Bioshock Infinite. It looks really nice, and I want to play it, but I've never actually finished Bioshock 1. Wondering if I should play through that in its entirety before I get infinite.
I like food.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."-Edel, Princess Tutu

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:12 am

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:It really isn't that hard. Are you buffing your party and debuffing him properly?

Defeated it few hours ago.
Yea, it's MUCH easier when you buff your team, and use right spells on different heads.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Spring break!

Got myself Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate at launch day(today!) bundled with a 3DS XL
I am so going to regret this but oh well, time to hunt!
(Wii U has no gaems, Vita is dead and Monster Hunter 4 is already confirmed on 3DS so why not)

World of Tonks will have to wait for a while and it's not like it is worth playing in randoms right now anyway because siema clusterfuck

Anyone else wanna recommend me some DS/3DS games?
I've been kinda eyeing the Fire Emblem game and the Snake Eater port.
3D Mario Land looks fun as well.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”