Imagine you are now 60 years old~~

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

JinKazama2006
Embryo

Imagine you are now 60 years old~~

•      
  •      

Postby JinKazama2006 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:02 am

Imagine you are now 60 years old and are in a house watching or discussing Evangelion with friends who watched and liked EVA and are at the same age as you are, while the younger ones look strangely at your group of old people, how weird it will be, so what do you reckon? When we all get old and stubborn in our old ways, imgaine when those days come, by then will we still be so "in love" with EVA? I think for me I am not going to change a bit. What about you guys and girls? :wink:

When I'm 60 years old, the happiest day of my life at that age will definitely be a day when I meet someone of my age who also and still has been an EVA fan through all these years.
I almost couldn't live without a little philosophy a day.

Dascoo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Dascoo » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:27 am

Yeah that would be pretty crazy, meeting someone like that...sadly, in real life I haven't met one Eva fan....yet.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:40 pm

So, that gives me ten years to meet another Eva fan of my own age. Tricky.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:55 pm

If that's gonna be the case, then our generation is truly lost. Hell, if we were to see senior citizens doing as much with anime, even though we like it that would still be F'd up the A.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:08 pm

I can see it now!

Senior Eva Fan: I remember when the fallout of Second Impact brought catastrophe to the world and Humanity. In the imidi...

Oh God No!
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:05 pm

well as cool as it would be to like Eva when Im old and grey I dont think its gonna happen. Even though i say things like "im an eva fan for life" who knows if I'll even still like anime when im older.
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:58 pm

I have a feeling by the time I am 60 I will be more concerned with grandchildren, retirement, and medical issues to think back to some anime. It may be Eva but still it isn't nearly as important as reality based things in my life. So while it may not get completely forgotten I doubt I will think about all that much when I am 60.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:13 pm

Yeah that's right. Will I still be thinking about anime when I'm 60? Either I'll be counting how much money I have for the remaining part of my life or looking at my grandchildren play. Or in heaven.
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:18 pm

I can't imagine being a huge Eva geek for another 37 years. I'll probably get sick of it at some point and only watch it once every year or two.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:00 am

A few years might rekindle something. I saw Akira last week, and it was awesome again.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kyle » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:45 pm

Man,if you guys are still gonna be watching eva when your that old i honestly hope youll be happy doing it.I plane to grow out of anime somtime soon.Id rather spend my golden years travaling then sit at home and watch anime.

Besides the oil crises will happen sometime in the next 10 years or so and anime will be the last thing on your mind.
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:54 pm

Besides the oil crises will happen sometime in the next 10 years or so and anime will be the last thing on your mind.

If things do turn out that way, I'll probably be spending my days dodging bullets and wondering how the hell my life ended up being like anime.

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Legend of the Past » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:14 am

soljerameelguy wrote:I can see it now!

Senior Eva Fan: I remember when the fallout of Second Impact brought catastrophe to the world and Humanity. In the imidi...

Oh God No!

Well, there's always the teacher in Evangelion who taught Asuka's and Shinji's classroom-

"Oh, I remember Second Impact... Back then, I was living in Okinawa... It was a beautiful summer, at the time.."

Hmm, in sixty years I doubt I'll really remember EVA-I might remember it influenced my love for psychology, but otherwise not really-with what a family, a job and generally, a life to lead... Nah, I doubt that.

Though I might still remember it in ten years.
New Signature Policy

It all returns to nothing...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:49 pm

I don't really know if I'd be an Eva (OR anime) fan, then. I might have forgotten it by then, lol.
Seriously though, I do consider myself an otaku despite not feeling the need to see or read every single anime/manga out there, so because I only like a select few, maybe. *shrugs*

It'll be just like with Nebukawa no sensei refrenced above. :lol:

@ Legend of the Past: I love your Kaworu-kun avatar. ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Auriel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Auriel » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:10 pm

That would be interesting, old anime fans often are more fun to be around than young anime fans, As they've seen the evolution of anime and whatnot.
The other members of Di$ney are becoming concerned, and frankly, I'm becoming concerned too, that is to say; AHH YOU'RE A PIMP GENDO

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kyle » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:20 pm

BobBQ wrote:

If things do turn out that way, I'll probably be spending my days dodging bullets and wondering how the hell my life ended up being like anime.

You know what?You make a good point.I never thought of it that way.Ill be the guy with the black trench coat and the SOCOM 16 M1A slung across his back.If you wanna fight me when that time comes then bring everything youve got.That goes for everyone.See you in 10 years.
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:10 pm

If a day like that ever comes (which it won't) I will be glad to have people like you around. It would make the obituaries fun to read. :lol:
i.e.

Fan, Anime
Another loser anime fan who thought he could be a badass with a gun died today. Tragically he shot himself accidently while carrying around a gun with the safety off trying to be cool. Sadly the victim did not realize that just because he saw someone use a gun in an anime did not in fact make him an expert with firearms. Authorities have contacted the victim's family and passed their reports onto the good people at the Darwin Awards as they are sure the victim is a shoe in for a award.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:58 pm

Darwin Awards is right. :) /silliness
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kyle » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:37 pm

Hunter21 wrote:If a day like that ever comes (which it won't) I will be glad to have people like you around. It would make the obituaries fun to read. :lol:
i.e.

Fan, Anime
Another loser anime fan who thought he could be a badass with a gun died today. Tragically he shot himself accidently while carrying around a gun with the safety off trying to be cool. Sadly the victim did not realize that just because he saw someone use a gun in an anime did not in fact make him an expert with firearms. Authorities have contacted the victim's family and passed their reports onto the good people at the Darwin Awards as they are sure the victim is a shoe in for a award.

Two things i must point out

1-There IS a limit to the earths oil.Wheater or not it will run out in our lifetime im not sure,i hope not.But you cant ignor the gas prices.

2-You dont know me so dont accuse me of being and idiot with firearms.For all you know i could be the son of a well trained assasin.Besides if western civelization does melt down in my life time i wont run around acting like a badass.Thats an easy way to get shot.That comment i made about the trenchcoat and challenges was for show.

If you want to continue this disagreement PM me and lets take it off the board and not have to get chewed out by EM.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:16 am

Kyle wrote:For all you know i could be the son of a well trained assasin.

No, you couldn't.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”