Puella Magi Madoka Magika [2]

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Guess we'll have to monitor the situation as it develops; once a leak comes out it'll be hard to plug it back in.

In this case, the ones with the NT award and Saber on it could be the internal pages or the first few pages of the mag, and as for the cover, although the announcement from the NT staffer could confirm the cover's authenticity, further statements from NT in general may help.

And with that, there will be no denying that the girls are going back to town.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Hmmmmmm I hope that the movie ends up being the real deal that would suck if we were all trolled
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

CalicoCat
Lilith

Postby CalicoCat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Fanmade henshin scene for Madoka Kaname:

@Randomanon: That's a mighty bad-ass Madoka there - nice!

In this case, the ones with the NT award and Saber on it could be the internal pages or the first few pages of the mag, and as for the cover, although the announcement from the NT staffer could confirm the cover's authenticity, further statements from NT in general may help.

Didn't life used to be a lot simpler before this damn Photoshop thing came along? :grin:

I mean, what's wrong with doing your graphics on a piece of squared paper, just like the good ol' days?
Do not throw souls!

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Don’t know if this has been posted yet but the first two volumes of the PMMM manga are getting a English release and are coming out in May
http://www.amazon.ca/Puella-Magi-Madoka ... 959&sr=8-2
http://www.amazon.ca/Puella-Magi-Madoka ... 959&sr=8-3
how good is the manga is it on the same level as the anime because I may buy this
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:11 pm

@Calico: after going over them several times, these digital shots seem very hard to fake, nor the cover itself... However, the only clue for their authenticity is the EXIF header in the pictures, and if they have this header it means the pictures are for real.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:31 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Someone out there had gone to great trouble to reproduce a genuine-looking cover of Newtype.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-5107.html#more

Oh.... I saw the breaking news in 2ch and was waiting for 2ch to finish its scrutiny, went to bed and then 19 more posts about the movie project with 600 extra hits (not to say ANN article and youtube comments abound) ?? Oh My Goddess Madoka.....

OK, let me give you something I found from 2ch:

First,

YOU THOUGHT IT IS MADOMAGI MOVIE??
SORRY, IT IS ULTIMATE SAYAKA-CHAN !!

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:There's been no official notice of this info by NewType or anyone associated with Madoka which 2ch finds strange...so no confirmation at this point.

But on that preview the big text is saying "Can it be true? IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT on the cover and the lead articles!!!".
If there is really something PMMM related, most likely this is what they would do: keep it secret and make some buzz and only break the floodgate when the magazines finally appear in bookstores.

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:Then there's this Photoshop evidence which frankly I don't understand. And it seems there's some debate as to whether that fits within normal parameters of photoshopping magazines do or not but eh. Anyways here it is:

The 2ch discussion is not really about Photoshop. They resorted to more obscure techniques in their scrutiny of the exhibit and checked its authenticity.

Let me share it with you:

They were referring to some pic from an old link that seemed to match with the identity of the poster. And the text part seems to look a bit "out" when viewed in reverse black and white. (that part is photoshop related, so I may not get it 100% correct in my understanding)

And they also think how the cover paper folds (the thick black lines) look unnatural. (really weird way to check authenticity I must say)

On the other hand, here you have to be impressed with the 2ch otakus:

LEFT:
Keyboard? Two of them? Seems to be from an office?

I can see "kkusu", is it Aniplex? (anipurekkusu)"

RIGHT:
Guilty Crwon?

There are 2x2 fluorescent lights directly above, common in office.

And concludes it is more a leak.

HMV anime section seemed to find it too great not to enjoy in the speculation. In its twitter:

What? The cover of next issue of NT is supposed to be only Nanoha...
RT: It seems that PMMM is finally getting a movie adaptation...

And a few hours later had to tweet apologies about spreading unconfirmed information:

HMV_Anime HMVアニメ!
先程つぶやきました『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』劇場版の可能性につきまして、
現時点では確証の無い情報を拡散してしまったことを深くお詫び申し上げます。

HMV_Anime HMVアニメ!
弊社もいち企業アカウントとして、情報の取り扱いには充分気をつけておりますが
この度はお詫びを申し上げより他ございません。
私の軽率な発言から、関係者様各所にご迷惑がかかってしまうような事態となりましたら、
謝っても謝りきれません。

There is also a tweet by Hiroki Azuma, a well known anime critic + university professor, with Shiotaro, a popular blogger from publication industry:

Asuma: Movie PMMM a troll?

Shiotaro: Anyway the NewType cover that is doing the round is real. Today the magazines will be sent out (to bookstores). Some may be able to get the mags early..

MY BET IS THIS IS AUTHENTIC NEWS

PS: I will check the English rendition of the after-recording manga later. A job very well done!!
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randomanon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Randomanon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:37 am

Verified legit by Earlbox. You can buy it on Amazon which shows the cover (hit F5 to refresh if you don't see it right away) - http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006071CUY
SPOILER: Show
Pic from the magazine. Same art as last year's coverage by NewType on previewing the anime:

Edited: OK, there's a lot of info flying around 2ch, some of it contradictory. I'm waiting on decent scans and a reliable source recounting things but so far I feel somewhat confident about this:
- There will be three movies. The third one will be a sequel to the anime in events. The first two will be (and here's where it's fuzzy and I'm seeing contradictory info on 2ch) a recount of the anime but possibly not a recap...more like a remake perhaps where new background information is brought to light.

Finally, a decent source for translation (symbv!). It describes the contents in detail - http://hokanko-alt.ldblog.jp/archives/67043435.html

Bonus: Some great lottery prizes - http://ga.sbcr.jp/mprize/018527/
ImageImage

Animerican_Redeemed
Embryo

Postby Animerican_Redeemed » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:01 am

Well, Randomanon, you're right to be confident about that general information you just described: ANN just posted the newstory on it: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-08/madoka-magica-film-project-to-be-trilogy

ANN News Team wrote:Atsuhiro Iwakami, the producer of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica anime, is revealing in the December issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine on Thursday that the upcoming theatrical film project will be a trilogy. In particular, two films will be a compilation of the television series, while one film will be an all-new story.

Iwakami made the comments in an interview that also included director Akiyuki Shinbo (SHAFT), original character designer Ume Aoki, and writer Gen Urobuchi.

Now, when it says that the third one will be an "original story," that really does mean that it's going to be a sequel story to the main story, correct? When I first read that, I somehow immediately registered it as being a more inconsequential "spin-off," but since the films are phrased as a trilogy, it should follow that the third film really will follow up the events of the two movies, no?

Man, I'm excited about this... I really wonder just how much original footage there is going to be in the first two films. Of course there's gonna have to be some abridging done... but beyond that, I'm not too sure what to expect; I haven't really seen any of those compilation movies before for stuff like Gurren Lagann. I'd really love to see some brand new scenes done, not *just* already existing art more tightly animated or given a new coat of paint/sheen... at the same time, though, I want SHAFT to put their 110% into making a quality third, original person, so if the first two compilation movies will be more or less a more abridged version with passable film production values, than so be it.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 am

Anno: I like Kyuube.

That was said to be quoted from 2ch, which quoted an article.

Now with steroids.
Last edited by soul.assassin on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Randomanon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Randomanon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:24 am

@AR, yes the third one will be a sequel with an original script from Urobuchi.

I'll update as I get improved NewType scans:

The Madoka movie news catapulted NewType into first place on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/books/13384021/ref=zg_bs_nav_b_1_b

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

NewType special about PMMM movies

Postby symbv » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:07 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Anno: I like Kyuube.
That was said to be quoted from 2ch, which quoted an article.

2ch made a summary from NewType special of PMMM on the latest issue. And yes there is a special comment from Anno. (more below)

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:OK, there's a lot of info flying around 2ch, some of it contradictory. I'm waiting on decent scans and a reliable source recounting things but so far I feel somewhat confident about this:
- There will be three movies. The third one will be a sequel to the anime in events. The first two will be (and here's where it's fuzzy and I'm seeing contradictory info on 2ch) a recount of the anime but possibly not a recap...more like a remake perhaps where new background information is brought to light.

Someone from 2ch made a very rough summary from the NewType special of PMMM that has the movie project on its cover. And what are the contradictory information about the first two movies I wonder?

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:Finally, a decent source for translation (symbv!). It describes the contents in detail - http://hokanko-alt.ldblog.jp/archives/67043435.html

Here it goes:

This is the summary of the NewType special about the PMMM movies. As I am sure the interest about it is really great, I am burning midnight candle to finish the translation. It does carry some interesting information. Hope you enjoy!!!

NT2011/12 アニメ「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」劇場版プロジェクトが始動、TVシリーズを再編した前後編と完全新作の3本が
NT2011/12 Anime "Puella Magi Madoka Magica" movie project is launched. 3 movies altogeter: Rearrangement of the TV series into two movies and a original new work.

―概要等
-- Summary and more

・表紙に魔法少女姿のまどかとほむら(Amazonの画像を参照)
・見開き2ページ(スタッフやストーリーはTVアニメ版の物だと思う)
・インタビュー&あらすじ4ページ
・劇場版予想2ページ
 の8ページ。
- Cover has Madoka and Homura in mahou shoujo costumes (refer to images in Amazon) [symbv: the person who did this summary may have been in a rush - Madoka is in her goddess dress on the cover - or that counts as mahou shoujo costume too??]
- 2 page spread (think it is from TV anime judging from the staff and story)
- 4 pages of interviews and brief introduction
- 2 pages what to expect from the movie edition
- total 8 pages

・イラストは最初の2ページがまどかを除く4人の魔法少女(KAZUYA SHIOTUKI finish by SHAFTIP.)
・インタビューのイラストがUME AOKI(既出の物と表紙の物)、最後の2ページがETSUKO SUMITOMOとなっている
- The illustration on the first 2 pages are the 4 mahou shoujo not including Madoka (KAZUYA SHIOTUKI finish by SHAFTIP.)
- The illustration on the interview is from UME AOKI (pics already published before and pics used for covers). The last two pages are from ETSUKO SUMITOMO

―インタビュー
 監督/SHAFT:新房昭之氏、キャラクター原案:蒼樹うめ氏、脚本:虚淵玄氏、アニプレックス:岩上敦宏氏の四人への対談インタビューより。
-- Interview
Drawn from the conversation sessions by the 4 people including Director/SHAFT: Akiyuki Shinbo (S), Character original design: Ume Aoki (A), Screenplay: Gen Urobuchi (U), Aniplex: Atsuhiro Iwagami (I)

新・放送後の反響が予想以上に大きくて嬉しかった
虚・ファン作成の3Dでキャラが踊っている作品を一緒に見た事も
新・ファンの方のパロディマンガも嬉しかった
虚・ファンの動きを見て純粋に楽しんでいた
S - I was so happy that the reactions after the broadcast was much bigger than expected.
U - Also the time when we watched the fan-made video where the characters in 3D dance... [symbv: I wonder if it is this one: http://youtu.be/jX4OBVSlgvw ]
S - I am also very happy with the parody manga done by fans.
U - Watching the fan activities was pure joy.

虚・まどかの後は仕事が増えすぎてジェンガみたいになり、どこからやっていいか分からなくなってきた
 ・海外での評価も高いらしいのが嬉しい
 ・板野氏にアニメ業界に連れてきて貰って恩返しをしたいと思っていたが、日本のアニメを海外のメディアに太刀打ち出来る文化にしたいという板野氏の願いに何らかの形で応える事が出来たのかと
U - After Madoka, work has increased so much that it became like Jenga game, and it got difficult to see where I should start.
- I am happy as it seems the evaluation from overseas is also good
- I have been thinking of repaying Itano as he helped me to get into the anime industry. I wonder if I am able to fulfill in some way Itano's wish of getting Japanese anime to be considered worthy culture in overseas media.

蒼・少し仕事の依頼が増えたが、色々な人がまどかのキャラを描いてくれるなかで皆様の物になっているのは嬉しい
A - Commissioned work has increased a bit, but I am more happy with all kinds of people drawing Madoka's characters and make them everyone's own.

久保田プロデューサー・3話のしかけは制作側の意気込みも凄かった
新・3話の反響に戦々恐々だったが、大きな話題になってからは落ち着いた
久・製作現場もファンの反応見ながら作れて、現場は楽しみながら作れていたのではないか
新・スタッフが最後まで頑張ってくれたからと言うのもある
Producer Kubota (K) - The enthusiasm of the production team was so great regarding the plot twist in ep.3
S - I was filled with trepidation over the feedback about ep.3, and when it became such a sensation I felt relaxed.
K - At the workplace of the anime production, we got to do our work while seeing how fans reacted. Perhaps we can say that we were enjoying ourselves at the workplace so we could come up with such work.
S - Or it can be said that all the staff did their best up till the last.

岩・作品の告知と発表は3人の名前を出して短期決戦で放送に入るのが良いのではないか、と3年ぐらい前から考えていた
I - Since around 3 years ago I was thinking that perhaps it is a good idea to just use the names of 3 people in the notification and announcement of a work within a short period campaign before going into broadcast.

岩・反響が放送中から大きかったので、1月頃から第2期の検討を始めていた
虚・そこで提出したプロットは放送話数1クール分に満たない分量だった
岩・TVシリーズを劇場版として見たいというスタッフの意見もあり、TVシリーズ再編集版を前後編で2本、完全新作を1本で全3本の劇場版プロジェクトを立ち上げる事にした
I - Since the feedback was really great even during broadcast, since around January we started to consider a 2nd season.
U - But the plot that was submitted (for discussion) was not sufficient to fill up one cour...
I - And there were opinion from some staff who wanted to see the TV series in a movie format, so at the end we started the movie project in which there are altogether 3 movies - 2 movies as a two-part work of TV series rearrangement and 1 movie that is a completely new work.

新・完全新作は長編向けの話で、TVシリーズを知っているとより面白くなる話
 ・TVシリーズの再編集版という形でその前に一度物語を振り返って欲しい
 ・映画としては2本と1本、という分け方で考えている
S - The completely new work is a story that is suitable for a feature film. It will be a story that would be even more interesting if you know the TV series.
- Before that I want to go through the story again with the format of a rearrangement of the TV series
- I am thinking that the movies can be divided into groups of 2 movies and 1 movie.

新・TVシリーズは毎回次の話が楽しみになるような「引き」を意識していたが、総集編ではそこが変わってくる
岩・TVシリーズは完成した作品だが、劇場で見る事で違う見方が出来ると思う。本当の意味でのジェットコースタームービーになると良い
新・劇場版の総集編という言葉には浪漫がある、ヤマト然りガンダム然り、劇場のスクリーンにかかるのは作り手としても嬉しい瞬間
蒼・劇場がイヌカレー空間になってしまうかも
虚・脚本的には尺に収める為の作業が必要だろうが、基本的にストーリーを変えるつもりはない
新・音響面は多少変わる。キャスト陣の再アフレコもしないといけないと思う
虚・再編集版は2発の打ち上げ花火で、後の完全新作に続く物だと思ってほしい
S - In the TV series we were aware of the "pulling power" that got [the watcher] to eagerly anticipate the next episode. This will change in the summary edition.
I - The TV series is a work that is already complete. But I think by watching the movies one can come up with a different viewpoint. If it becomes a roller-coaster movie in a true sense it will be good.
S - There is romance in the word "summary edition in a movie format". Be it Yamato or Gundam, for a creator the moment when he involves with the theater screen is a most happy one.
A - The theater may become an Inu-Curry space.
U - For the screenplay, there may be a need to do some work in order to fit in the length, but basically I do not plan to change the story.
S - On sound side there will be some changes. I also think the whole cast will have to do after-recording agian.
U - I want people to think that the rearrangement edition as a two-shot firework, and the completely new work that comes after is its continuation.

虚・新作は、TVシリーズで完全に完結する話として描いていたので続編はどうした物かと悩んでいた
 ・いよいよ次の打ち合わせ、となっても決定的なアイデアはなく、みんなでブレストのような打ち合わせをした
U - For the new work, since I wrote the TV series as a fully completed story, I was unsure as to what kind of story to tell for a sequel.
- Even after one discussion session after another there was still no decisive idea. Everyone joined in the discussions in brainstorming style.

虚・この4人が中心となった打ち合わせであるアイデアが出た事で、新作が作れる手応えを感じた
 ・TVシリーズは脚本が先行していたので自分の世界観が中心だったが、新作は「Magica Quartet」の真骨頂と言える物になる
 ・明らかに虚淵玄というライターだけでは出てこないアイデアがベースになっている、「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」だから出来た物語になっている
 ・先日新作の脚本がほぼ決定稿になった。作業は順調に進んでいる
新・サブタイトルはまだ未定
 ・本当は「インキュベーターの逆襲」というタイトルにしたかった
虚・CMはキュゥべえにお願いしては
新・キュゥべえならきっと「すぐに劇場公開するなんって言っていないだろう」と言うのでは
U - During discussions that were centered around the 4 people here we came up with a certain idea, and I finally got the feeling that I was able to create a new work.
- Whereas in the TV series, since the screenplay came first my world view was at the center, in the new work it will be something that can be said to showcase the true value of the "Magica Quartet".
- Some days ago the final draft of the screenplay for the new work was all but finished. The production work is progressing smoothly.
S - The subtitle is not decided yet.
- I really wanted to make the title "Incubator Strikes Back".
U - Let's ask Kyubey to do the CM...
S - I am sure Kyubey will just say "you didn't say it will be released to theaters that soon, did ya?"...

●各スタッフ見出しコメント
新・個人的には“世紀末魔法少女伝説”が見たい
蒼・「劇場版」という響きにうっとり
虚・完全に終わらせたので、続編については聞き逃していたが…
岩・劇場ならではの、降りられないジェットコースター的な楽しみを
* Headline comments from various staff
S - Personally I want to see "Fin-de-siecle Mahou-Shoujo Legend"
A - I am ecstatic towards the sound of the word "movie edition"
U - Since it was brought to a full end, I missed hearing about the sequel...
I - [Expect] the fun like in a roller-coaster from which you cannot get off, that you can only get in theaters

●スペシャルコメント
 簡単に。
* Special Comments
(roughly)

・庵野秀明氏:キュゥべえは記号としてのキャラとして徹底されていて気持ちいい。魔女の記号化とかも巧い、あと音楽が良い。あと10話のほむほむの描き方がよかった。劇場版も期待しています
・佐考仁司氏:まどかとほむらのコンビはもう最高
・松井玲奈氏:10話のEDやキュゥべえが語りかけるシーンなど、心の底から楽しんだ
- Hideaki Anno: It feels good to see Kyubey so thoroughly put to function as a symbol as well as a character. The symbolization of the witches is also skilfully done. And then the music is good. And then the way HomuHomu was depicted in Ep.10 was good. I have good expectation of the movie edition.
- Hitoshi Sakoh (apparently the guitarist of a rock band called Galileo Galilei): The pairing of Madoka and Homura is just the best!
- Rena Matsui (the most popular member of SKE48, sister unit of AKB48): It was a most heartfelt joy to watch scenes like the ED of ep.10 or when Kyubey gave a speech.
Last edited by symbv on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Randomanon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Randomanon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks, symbv, added that to the wiki straight away. Lot of people were asking for translations. Upate: Here it is -
http://wiki.puella-magi.net/NewType_2011-12

Here are a few more partial scans. Still waiting for good ones to appear.

A clean shop of the cover, for use as a poster:

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby User-iel » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Many thanks for the "express service", symbv.

Is this the aftermath of a defining moment at Shaft? Much like Bandai embracing the Gundam storyline? At least there will be a new, third version of the artwork for many of our favorite scenes from the early part of the series. There's no way to lose!

Noriko is my wife
Lilith

Postby Noriko is my wife » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Anno's full comment
translation
HomuHomu is my wife - Anno

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:40 am

^ Nimw - your translation is so funny though I guess it is time for a full and accurate translation. I am sure in this forum many would be particularly interested to hear what Anno has to say about this anime:

Translation:

This is really good, Kyubey. Be it getting rid of lip-synching, or working it as a character, doing it so thoroughly makes me feel great. And the symbolization of the witches is also skilfuly done. And it is good, the music. My urge to own the three BGM tracks like the "salesman's theme" which I love got me to buy the Vol.2 of the Blu-Ray. And then that was good too, Ep.10. The way HomuHomu was depicted was good. I think in terms of the released form of anime works, going for movie series instead of another TV series is a good way to establish it even further. I have high expectation of it.

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:symbv, one of the talented wiki editors made translated versions of the Guidebook hanokage After-recording report comics. I was wondering if you could take a look at them and revise them for any incomplete or incorrect translations. I remember some of it was done with poor scans so there might be mistakes. The written translations are all here - http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Guidebook

I have taken a look at all the pages and I must say it is a job very very well done. I am also humbled by being the only person credited with the translation, as I can see the English has been refined and improved in many places. I think the final text is pretty good. The only thing I would add is the missing translation at the last page:

The bottom panels, from right to left:

- Kyubey in the anime is still scarier...

- We'll defeat Walpurgisnacht !!
- They were so cute :heart:

A bit of postscript: I am honored to be able to make use of this reporting of the after-recording session as reference material for the writing of the manga. Thank you so much!!
(Madoka Magica #3)
- Shrewd advertising

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:A fanmade change on Sayaka's henshin scene to resemble more like a traditional magical girl henshin.

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:Fanmade henshin scene for Madoka Kaname:

I cannot keep my eyes off the henshin/transformation gif of Sayaka and Madoka. The one for Madoka is particularly cool. I guess I must have watched it many dozens of times by now.

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:Bonus: QB police officer - http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51301787.html

Actually it is the other way round. The cardboard that the "Real QB" (it is how he is referred to in AkibaBlog and other sites) was holding said "Mr. Police Officer -- This is the guy." :lol: Apparently this "Real QB" guy showed up in Akihabara several days in a row, and at one time he was even questioned by the local police. It seems that he is taking it in great strides and came up with this humorous cardboard as a self-deprecating joke.

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:Thanks, symbv, added that to the wiki straight away. Lot of people were asking for translations. Upate: Here it is -
http://wiki.puella-magi.net/NewType_2011-12

I have done a couple of small revisions of the translation now -- more to refine the sentences and correct some grammar. You may want to post the revised version onto wiki...

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:Here are a few more partial scans. Still waiting for good ones to appear.

Don't think they need translations. The first one is pretty much covered in the summary (new screenplay almost done, subtitle undecided yet, Shinbo's idea of calling it "Kyubey Strikes Back"). The second one is just recap of what PMMM is.

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:A clean shop of the cover, for use as a poster:

Very well done. I have saved it now.

User-iel wrote:Is this the aftermath of a defining moment at Shaft? Much like Bandai embracing the Gundam storyline?

2ch are more worried whether Shaft can really deliver, given their infamous reputation of missing schedule and resorting to blatant corner-cutting for the production run of an unfinished anime (it happened just a few months ago for the latest Negima movie). At the moment, they already have Kizumonogatari (movie), Nisemonogatari (TV series) early next year and then 4th season of Hidamari Sketch later, and now THRE movies of Madoka.... Earlier there is rumor that there will be a new season of Denpa Onna but consensus is now that it is very unlikely to happen next year.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Randomanon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Randomanon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:44 am

Hey symbv, thanks. I added and made revisions to the translations accordingly here - http://wiki.puella-magi.net/NewType_2011-12 and http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Guidebook.

Regrettably scans seem to be lacking still for NewType. This is the only new pic I was able to dig up which isn't related to its contents, unfortunately....

Bonus: Nendoroids! A look at Sayaka and a preview of upcoming Kyouko. I thought these are great - http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan/day-20111109.html

ImageImageImage

You know, I was so busy I didn't really express my thoughts about the movies. One thing I hadn't seen which I would like to see is some timeframe for when the movies come out. Will it be soon or is it an early announcement for something that won't happen for a while? My other is hope that the comment the movies remake of the anime not relying on surprise anymore means they'll delve into the background material like we've seen from the drama CDs and reports of script and background content that never made it into the anime (like missing content on ep 10 specifically). I'm really looking forward to big-screen fight animation. I get the feeling Inu-Curry won't disappoint there. While Shaft has definitely been known to have time and budgetary issues, my impression from the staff and seiyuu is Madoka's a little more special to them. It is Shaft's original work, incredibly popular with high expectations, so if there's one time they aren't likely to drop the ball, it'd be this time. Other anime of Shaft may unfortunately suffer though.

On a personal note, I was really very happy to hear the news. One of the reasons I tracked things nearly every day, and looked through I don't even want to think how many 2ch posts to try and figure out truth from rumors, was in hopes of hearing about a new season/OVA/movie. So this news is great and much more than I expected. It came as a surprise they were thinking about this since January! And even more of a shock after Urobuchi with all his talk about not knowing if he could write a script...turns out it was written already! "the final draft of the screenplay for the new work was all but finished" I can see that Urobuchi continues to troll Madoka fans. But if it has to be trolling, I suppose this kind of pretending things are worse than they really are, is OK.

Edited to add: Wow, the wiki editor got the translations added in record time -

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:56 am

THAT IS QUICK!!!!!
I am now fully convinced quite a number of people from the PMMM wiki are monitoring this thread. It was just barely over an hour after I posted the extra translation before the change was made and uploaded to wiki!!!

IMPRESSIVE...............

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:Regrettably scans seem to be lacking still for NewType. This is the only new pic I was able to dig up which isn't related to its contents, unfortunately....

This is the extra for anybody who buys the issue of NewType from the anime store Animate. It is a message from Ume Aoki. Anyway, did not take me long to translate, so might as well give it a go:

To everyone who bought this from Animate:
I am honored to draw the cover illustration of this issue for NewType!!
NewType... That NewType!!!
I am really so deeply moved !!!
It still does not feel real to me yet! (lol)
When the magazine logo goes in and then the text goes in,
How it will look like? It is so much joy to think about it :heart:
All of you must have already seen it I guess...
How...how..how...how...how is it!?
Inside the magazine, as I think there is
also exciting announcment,
please take your time and have a look.
2011 Ume Aoki

View Original PostRandomanon wrote:Bonus: Nendoroids! A look at Sayaka and a preview of upcoming Kyouko. I thought these are great - http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan/day-20111109.html

The pic selection in the post above is good: there are the smiling face, angry face and being-hit face. Some in 2ch get greedy and ask if the despaired face will be included too. And then there are many who wonder if there will be school uniform version for the cast. I particularly like how it includes a platform to hold up to 8 swords and all the faces of Sayaka, even the angry and being-hit ones, look so cute.

2ch has gone into overdrive and raptness with the Sayaka nendroid. Another proof that Sayaka fans are a passionate lot. One example of one fan's rapt reaction:
さやか!さやか!さやか!さやかぅぅうううわぁああああああああああああああああああああああん!!!
あぁああああ…ああ…あっあっー!あぁああああああ!!!さやかさやかさやかぅううぁわぁああああ!!!
あぁクンカクンカ!クンカクンカ!スーハースーハー!スーハースーハー!いい匂いだなぁ…くんくん
んはぁっ!さやかちゃんの青い髪をクンカクンカしたいお!クンカクンカ!あぁあ!!
間違えた!モフモフしたいお!モフモフ!モフモフ!髪髪モフモフ!カリカリモフモフ…きゅんきゅんきゅい!!
漫画ののさやかたんかわいかったよぅ!!あぁぁああ…あああ…あっあぁああああ!!ふぁぁあああんんっ!!
劇場版も決まって良かったねさやかたん!あぁあああああ!かわいい!さやかたん!かわいい!あっああぁああ!
ねんどろもfigmaも発売されて嬉し…いやぁああああああ!!!にゃああああああああん!!ぎゃああああああああ!!
さやか ち ゃ ん は 現実 じ ゃ な い?にゃあああああああああああああん!!うぁああああああああああ!!
そんなぁああああああ!!いやぁぁぁあああああああああ!!はぁああああああん!!使い魔ぁああああ!!
この!ちきしょー!やめてやる!!現実なんかやめ…て…え!?見…てる?表紙絵のさやかちゃんが僕を見てる?
表紙絵のさやかちゃんが僕を見てるぞ!さやかちゃんが僕を見てるぞ!アニメのさやかちゃんが僕を見てるぞ!!
アニメのさやかちゃんが僕に話しかけてるぞ!!!よかった…世の中まだまだ捨てたモンじゃないんだねっ!
いやっほぉおおおおおおお!!!僕にはさやかちゃんがいる!!やったよケティ!!ひとりでできるもん!!!
あ、コミックのさやかちゃああああああああああああああん!!いやぁあああああああああああああああ!!!!
あっあんああっああんあさや杏、杏さやもいいいいいよおおおおおおおおおおおおおおお
ううっうぅうう!!俺の想いよさやかへ届け!!

Not going to translate.... :tongue:

Also don't forget Mami from Good Smile Company.. It is really very well done!!

More to be found here:

As for the movie, my guess is the recap/summary of PMMM in movies will be similar to Nanoha Movie 1st -- another Shaft series recapped in movies. Better effect, cooler actions, compressing certain elements and plot lines, etc... One key thing that Shinbo was good to point out is that all the plot twists and surprises like Mami's fate, Kyouko's true heart, Kyubey's real identity, Homura's past, Kensuke and Hitomi's role etc that served so much to draw audience along throughout the series will not be of much use any more in a recap/rearrangement/summary edition. Trying to show from a different viewpoint may be interesting, though if there is even less of Madoka in the movies, some may again raise the question of how much the anime can be called "Madoka Magica". For the schedule, as the two monogatari (kizu and nise) are already committed to schedule and Hidamari 4th season should be around next spring or summer, my guess is at the earliest it will be one year from now, and probably longer than that -- thus pushing it to 2013, perhaps around the same time as Steins;Gate and Index movies.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:14 am

Came here as soon as I read the MAL post about the PMMM film confirmation.
Holy shit, a PMMM film.
I wonder whether the third one's just going to be a sequel or alternate end if the second film doesn't cover the end of the TV series.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:10 am

Inbound Tweeter posts from the official feed:

madoka_magica RT @HMV_Anime: そして只今10日午前0時をもって『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』公式サイトにも劇場版制作の情報が反映してきいる…! http://t.co/iZXRdCGW 背景・トップ絵が変わった…ニュースページに告知も! http://t.co/OfM2Khx ...

madoka_magica RT @Butch_Gen: よーし日付変わったところで告知するぜ! なんと本日発売のNewtype12月号で、まどかマギガについての重大発表がありますよ! そして表紙絵もビックリすること間違いなし! 朝になったら最寄りの書店へゴー!

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:19 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:

This was from HMV Anime section:

HMV_Anime: そして只今10日午前0時をもって『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』公式サイトにも劇場版制作の情報が反映してきいる…! http://t.co/iZXRdCGW 背景・トップ絵が変わった…ニュースページに告知も! http://t.co/OfM2Khx ...

As of now, at midnight of the 10th, the official site of Puella Magi Madoka Magica was also updated to reflect the information about the production of the movie edition.
The background and the top image were changed... And the news page also has the announcement!

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:

This was from Urobuchi Gen's twitter:

Butch_Gen: よーし日付変わったところで告知するぜ! なんと本日発売のNewtype12月号で、まどかマギガについての重大発表がありますよ! そして表紙絵もビックリすること間違いなし! 朝になったら最寄りの書店へゴー!

OK, as the date has now changed I am making the notification! Ta-da...In the Dec issue of NewType that is going on sale today, there is important announcement about Madoka Magica! And the illustration on the cover will no doubt startle everyone! Comes this morning, just head to your nearest bookstore!
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Return to “Anime and Manga”