Lemontastica is still around! :D

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Lemontastica is still around! :D

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Not a joke.

I'm posting this in here (instead of Fanfiction subforum, so people will actually see it) on the off-chance people actually care enough to do something to save the place.

IF both Darkscribes (which last I checked was still up) and Lemontastica are gone, it really makes me wonder where the hell I can post my Eva smut fics. I guess Evamade, but who knows how long they're gonna last for considering what a small forum it is. :(

To copy the post from the site's main page:

Rommel wrote:This site is about to go bye-bye.

Posted by: Rommel | March 30, 2011 | 1 Comment

I'm writing this for all the people who come here but can't be bothered to comment, offer feedback or basically do nothing to let their presence be known, which is pretty much all of you. While I am aware that the nature of an archive means activity is probably going to be slow at the best of times, the fact that there are hundreds of forum accounts created yet no one post even in threads meant specifically for feedback tells me that there's either no interest or it's too much work. Whatever. As it is, you get the best that Eva smut has had to offer over nearly the last ten years, and in some cases stories that can't be found anywhere else.

Well, that's going to change. The simple fact is that it costs money to keep the site up. The domain name will expire April 10th and quite frankly there's a lot of discussion about whether it's even worth keeping the site up. I'm not going to bother asking for donation, because lets face it, you can't be bothered. But everyone is strapped for cash these days and that includes the people running this site. And none of us are going to put money on something there appears to be no interest in.

Tom has already pulled the plug on this site once. I thought it better to give you fair warning. If you would rather save the place then go to the forum and make a post or two—do something. Otherwise you are going to have to go somewhere else for your fapping material.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:59 pm

funny thing is that I got an email about this right as i'm considering writing another EVA fic with strong H undertones (although to be honest, it's not really fap material, just very sexual), though I wasn't planning to post it in Lemontastica due to me feeling it would be "inappropriate for the site"

still, sucks to hear it go belly up
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:13 pm

In all honesty I thought it was already dead and abandoned, though someone forgot to shut off the lights on the way out.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby BornIn1142 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:42 am

I don't think I've ever even been there, but this still bugs me. Considering Rebuild, I would have expected there to be an influx of new fans or something, so I don't understand why the fandom seems to be... flagging like this.

The doom and gloom surrounding Darkscribes is rather unpleasant as well; it looks like I picked the worst possible time to register there.
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Just post your Eva smut fics here. :D
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:29 pm

I really liked that site :( I was always hoping to see new Mari stories but there never were any... Does anyone have an archive of the site? I've tried, but while downloading the site the user agreement kept popping up every couple links so it made it impossible.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:32 am

IrkenEvangelion: Send a PM to JimmyWolk on here, he could probably help.

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:33 pm

I admit I was one of those who read stuff but don't provide feedback and for that I apologize. But you guys shouldn't really expect too much from me. I hardly even interact in EGF.

I've seen some pretty decent fanfic authors quit doing stuff because they don't get enough good feedback, but something like that happening to an entire website just sucks.

I do have one idea to save lemonstastica.
more hikari fics, that is all.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

die-yng
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby die-yng » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:19 am

This sure sucks.
Still, you can always just post your lemons on fanfiction.net, there are tons of lemons from other animes, games, books etc.. so why not post your eva lemons there as well. That's what I was planning to do anyway.
"Asuka groaned, palming her face. "First? That's a bagel."
"You're supposed to eat it," Shinji assisted.
Rei looked at them, then back to Ikari-kun, taking in the surprising revelation. Cautiously, she placed her lips around the item in her hand and took a small bite. Wide-eyed, she beheld the bagel with a new reverence.
"You are delicious, Ikari-kun.""
Lucretius and Essel Present: NGE: The Cutting Room Floor

[url]http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=9090&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url]

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:55 am

View Original Postdie-yng wrote:Still, you can always just post your lemons on fanfiction.net, there are tons of lemons from other animes, games, books etc.. so why not post your eva lemons there as well.
Lots of people doing it doesn't mean it's allowed. ;)
Of course you can risk it, and chances are no one cares. But if someone does report you, you only get unnecessary trouble, especially if you also use the account for "legit" stories.

@Irken,SSD; there's not much I could do there, I'm afraid. However, I'm not losing hope just yet.

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:45 pm

http://www.evamade.net

Now in the ownership of Snowfairy. Sure the site'll give your smut a home. The fanfic plugin's a bit of a dog right now, but there's an intention to switch to an eFiction plugin once someone figures out how to make forum and fiction database share the same account.

It's also on pretty stable hosting. Quiet, but still with a groundswell. And if they find something to talk about, can be riled into action. It's not going to vanish anytime soon. Unless Snow forgets to pay the bills or !3rdi the place mucking around the back end.

LD is still trying to find a way to save Darkscribes on a new host. But it goes at the end of April.

If you want to save the entire site's archives, I think wget will work, tough it'll be a bit messy.

wget -r -p -U Mozilla http://www.darkscribes.org
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Dartz: I know regarding the question of posting smut fics, there IS AFF.net which I had login troubles in the past. (I think they remove your sign-in privileges after a few months of inactivity or something equally dumb) I do have my fics up on Evamade's fanfiction section at least (no idea if anybody's even read 'em on there though. :sweatdrop: )

Muggy: EGF doesn't allow smut fics because we try to make this place as "age appropriate" as possible give the context of Eva.

Jimmy: Glad to know you're remaining hopeful. :wink: Like I said on the forums, I'd be totally cool with offering some $$$ or something, but of course whether or not it would help, I dunno. I think for things to stay afloat, it would have to be a group effort (probably visitors or Lemontastica forum members voluntarily donating a little bit every month (example: "If we don't manage to gather ____ a month, the site is really gonna have to go."), maybe?) for sure.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Cant be helped. If enough people dont have interest in something,it's only natural to take something like this down. I'll admit,I liked this site a lot. Gonna suck to see it go poof.

Dark09
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dark09 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:33 am

Disappointing indeed :-/. I learned about lemontastica not too long ago too >.< .

I archived most of the fic's I wanted from the site and uploaded them to my server. Here's a link:

http://jeserver.net/other/lemontasticafics/

If you want a single compressed file to download all of them:

http://jeserver.net/other/lemontasticafics/lemontasticafics.zip (11.7mb)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Turns out it's still around after all:

Hello everybody!

Yes, to those who didn't know yet, we didn't vanish after all. However, there had been a little downtime the last few days while we made an update to the site. But that's done, so we're back for good (for now... >_>)

We're trying to improve the activity on the site and especially the forum again; so far we've started a little... game? ...creativity practice? ... to write little scenes/stories to certain pictures, so feel free to drop by and participate. Also, if you want to share any ideas how we could improve the activity, you're welcome to do so.

One other thing that's going to happen is something we've already announced once before, but didn't go through with it: purging users who never posted a thing. I'll be deleting those who were never even online after signing up over the weekend. The rest will be taken care of the week after. I know we have a few "active" lurkers who drop by now and then but never post - those of you especially might want to reconsider writing a few lines. ;)

Regards,
The Lemontastica Team.

So join up if you want to ensure it continues to exist, please!

Return to “Fan Works”