[Film] Up coming movies

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:48 pm

Titus wrote:Rumour has it they'l even remake the original star wars trilogy, i doubt it, but it's a cool prospect tho.

As long as Vin Diesel is in TF&TF3, il go watch it......

X men shouldn't be that bad, fun for a pizza & wine evening by ur lonesome i guess and MI3 should be entertaining as long as the buzz keeps going...

I dont think Vin Diesel is in TF&TF3 : Toyko dift

given this information

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/

Of course it sounds like hollywood is trying to rip off initial D cause I have heard there is going to be a 86 in it
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:54 pm

Vin Diesel is the spawn of Chuch Norris.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Winslow Leach
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Winslow Leach » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:18 pm

The only movie I'm really looking forward to this year is The Submersion of Japan 2006 and to some degree Superman Returns. Oh, and Thank You For Smoking looks quite funny.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:06 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:What? So George Lucas can butcher it even further and change Luke into a talking cat named Meow Skywalker?

*pats darth mark on the back*

That's so wrong.

Ep1 was crap, agreed, but George Lucas isn't a literal film maker, hes a visual film maker, the story doesn't rest in the dialogue or the acting, it rests in the visuals, the experience created from feelings portayed by events portayed in visual style. To critisize Star Wars is underserved and extremely common.

I love everything he's done so far.

-Btw, remaking the original, all their planning to do is(like the special edition), cut out the voices and the actors, then redo the backgrounds digitally and remake the souns effects, make it look and sound like post episode 3 should.

Monkey, you dissapoint me
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:22 pm

Titus wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:What? So George Lucas can butcher it even further and change Luke into a talking cat named Meow Skywalker?

*pats darth mark on the back*

That's so wrong.

Ep1 was crap, agreed, but George Lucas isn't a literal film maker, hes a visual film maker, the story doesn't rest in the dialogue or the acting, it rests in the visuals, the experience created from feelings portayed by events portayed in visual style. To critisize Star Wars is underserved and extremely common.

I love everything he's done so far.

-Btw, remaking the original, all their planning to do is(like the special edition), cut out the voices and the actors, then redo the backgrounds digitally and remake the souns effects, make it look and sound like post episode 3 should.

Monkey, you dissapoint me

Please tell me you're joking...

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:25 pm

rip3mwk wrote:Please tell me you're joking...

About which part?

-How lucas makes films?
-That I love it all!?
-That they could redo the original?
-That Teh Monkey dissapoints?
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:57 pm

All this and yet still no TMNT IV. It's not right.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:07 am

Titus wrote:
rip3mwk wrote:Please tell me you're joking...

About which part?

-How lucas makes films?
-That I love it all!?
-That they could redo the original?
-That Teh Monkey dissapoints?

No offence But I think the orginals are better but the visuals in the newer ones is something to stare at
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:11 am

No offence dude, stick to business, your no movie critic....

Besides, laywers don't teach art..

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:40 am

Titus wrote:No offence dude, stick to business, your no movie critic....

Besides, laywers don't teach art..

You might want to reread my statement.

And I anit no lawyer :wink:

I will put up a full explaination of my comment tomorrow about the orginal star wars VS the prequels

Winslow Leach
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Winslow Leach » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:26 pm

Fuck George Lucas. Revenge of the Sith was alright, but the first two prequels are atrocious and Lord of the Rings leaves all three films completely in the dust. If he had just made the prequels it wouldn't have been too bad, as we could have just forgotten all about them, but he had to go back and fuck up the original films and then refuse to release the unaltered classic versions. I want my old late 70s and early 80s matte paintings back! I want my Sebastian Shaw Anakin ghost back (it changes the entire fucking meaning of the scene)! I want that fucking Gungan that shows up at the end of the Return of the Jedi DVD out of the movie! Plus CGI looks like even more like shit in the middle of a late 70s movie than it does normally (not a big fan of CGI unless Weta's behind it). Somebody please raid Skywalker Ranch and get the negatives of the original versions of the Star Wars movies!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:42 pm

I didn't care much for Revenge of the Sith, either, to be honest. How do you get such a god-awful performance out of Natalie Portman? That takes some major suck talent.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:09 pm

The orginal stars was a mater peice of its time and the same could be said for the prequels.

But trying to compare them is trying to compare a Political leader in the early 1900's and one in the early 2000's.

When Star wars was orginally released it was something new and with a twist but the prequels are nothing new really. The orignal star wars shifted from one character to the next even though LUKE was the main character, but the new triology is more of a character study than anything else.

What they did in the orginal triology was amazing for its time.

* feels tired because of lack of sleep*

I will continue my ramble another day :arrow:

tokenflipguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tokenflipguy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:02 am

I am looking foward to Silent Hill and V for Vendetta. I don't watch much mainstream movies anymore. I can go on and on how Hollywood has gone the shithole, but I don't really feel the need to talk about it. That's my 2 cents. One I'd like to say Silent Hill looks very promising while V for Vendetta...well I like the Warchoski brothers despite the crticisms that have been made about them. I just dig the psuedo philsophical stuff.

darth_mark
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby darth_mark » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:48 am

HAN SHOT FIRST!
"Let's Instrumentality! <3" - SEELE

Winslow Leach
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Winslow Leach » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:38 am

darth_mark wrote:HAN SHOT FIRST!

Word, man. Word.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:26 pm

I'm gonna blow my lid here...

Why do you guys ramble on about cgi? Crappy performances? Inconsistancies with the original trilogy(which, for atleast a fucking 80 % of you no good aswipes) was made long before you were an itch in your fathers nuts...

You people(film critics inc) are fucking out of it. If you don't like it, fine, ramble in your mind where I can't read it.

I've said it, George has said it and the movies speak for themselves, but unless it has a fucking convincing actor, like orlando fucking bloom, running around with ears like spok, shooting shit with wood the modern sniper rifles couldn't do and everything(just like star wars) is made up... You guys don't like it.

It must win X amount of oscars, it must have 1 man v world and win scenarios, it must must must.

You people piss me off.

Enjoy it for what it's worth. The visuals like most thing, convey the meanings. Unlike LOTR and harry fucking potter, George isn't bothered about acting... He makes actors famouse..... However, the latest amount of prequels don't exactly make them famous..

Where was Harrison ford and mark fucking hammel before star wars?

Indiana Jones was also spawned by this (idiot who fuckes up everything).

People have built careers on what he did. LOTR? CGI thanx to star wars.. Everything he did with the prequals, somehow benifited all the movies that every body else likes, yet they still slander.

So a few guys die and they couldn't exactly change that....

Like fucking dumbledore, whats his name...

The real Obi-wan died before Ep2 was ever announced....

So, to the Lotr fans(who are plentyfull), go fuck yourselves in the woods, take King Kong and your fucking Director with you, I don't care and Harry Fucking Potter? I couldn't care less.....

The world Loved star wars long before those fucking movies showed up...

Star Wars will be there long after they fucked out of the history books...

darth_mark
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby darth_mark » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:34 pm

man, first of all, take on of these:

If you don't like it, fine, ramble in your mind where I can't read it.

there wouldn't be much of forum if we did that. people have opinions different from yours, deal with it.
"Let's Instrumentality! <3" - SEELE

Winslow Leach
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Winslow Leach » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:35 pm

CTFD, man. I love the original Star Wars movies. Hell, I even like Revenge of the Sith (I just don't love it due to Hayden Christensen's ASStrocious acting and the fact that parts of it look like a fucking Nintendo game). I just think CGI is kind of a cop out. I miss the days when people had to really WORK for special effects, you know, slave at a hot Toho soundstage building minatures like Tsuburaya did or painstakingly animate models frame by frame like O'Brien and Harryhausen, not just sit down at a comfy computer and render them all day. The original Star Wars trilogy was created using real, very difficult to create special effects, but Lucas had to go back and stick CGI in the middle of these late 70s early 80s films, which looks absolutely out of place and ridiculous. And it screws around with a lot of the original FX that John Dykstra and friends worked so hard on. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Lucas even digitally replaces Alec Guinness with an aging Ewan McGreggor in 20 years.

And yes, I honestly think that the ONLY person who has ever really effectively utilized CGI is Peter Jackson for the LotR films and King Kong. And maybe to some degree Robert Rodriguez for Sin City. Take your horrible Hayden Christensen acting, video gamish CGI, annoying as fuck Jar Jar Binks, horrible ("I don't like sand; UNLIMITED POWER!) dialogue and shove it all right up your rectum.

And how'd you manage to bring Harry Potter into this? With the exception of Prisoner of Azkaban, those films don't deserve to smell the shit of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings and the first two films are about on par, suckiness-wise, with Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:23 am

Still to be released

4) Resident Evil 3

Return to “Film and Video”