BeoX2
Shamshel
Shamshel

The Times Anime has made you cry

•      
  •      

Postby BeoX2 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:54 pm

SPOLIERS!

Oddly enough, the only times I've ever teared up at any show ever was not a particularly sad show, Cowboy Bebop. It's the scene where Faye is watching the video tape from her past, and it just hit me for some reason. And I almost did again when she went back to her old house and saw the destruction.

Also, the closing credits of Jupiter Jazz Part 2 made me tear cause the music, Space Lion, is so unbelievably beautiful.
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience."

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:23 pm

I'm a very teary person, so this will be a long list...

Anime Shows:
- Angel Beats episodes 3 and 13
- Azumanga Daioh episode 26 (Saw it when I was at the end of my high school years... which were 2 months ago)
- Blue Drop, last episode
- CANAAN, episode 10
- Code Geass R2, last episode
- Elfen Lied, the dog scene and the last episode
- Ga-Rei~Zero, last episode
- Gunslinger Girl 1st season, last episode
- Mai-HiME, 8th and 25st episodes
- Neon Genesis Evangelion, Asuka mindrape....
- Rideback, some secondary character death scene that I wasn't expecting
- Sora no Woto, 7th episode

Anime Movies:
- 5 cm per second
- End of Evangelion
- Rebuild of Evangelion 2.22 (when I didn't have the subs and thought Asuka was dead...)
- Spirited Away (tears of happiness here xD)
- The Girl who Leapt Through Time
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:53 pm

I usually get a little teary-eyed at the end of most good series, no matter what the narrative outcome (except when it's a total cop-out ending to an otherwise terrific show).

The only anime work that has ever pushed me beyond dewy eyes and into all-out weeping territory was Grave of the Fireflies. I cried like a little girl.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:22 pm

One word: Never. However, the opening scene in episode 33 of SEED Destiny almost succeeded.
- Mai-HiME, 8th and 25st episodes

That series had any serious moments?
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:25 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:
That series had any serious moments?

It had a few of them. It's a bit like EVA, it starts lightly, with a few hints of darkness, then it goes full serious at 16/17th episode, and ends with an (almost) "Congratulations" scene.
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:56 pm

It's a bit like EVA

Not really because Evangelion isn't girly, has bad jokes, music that wants me to tear my eardrum out, ultra brief fighting, horrid characters, mostly bland monsters, too much fanservice, awful Gunbuster parodies, and has pacing that drags on. I could go on but this is not the topic for......... That ONE Series......... :headbeat:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:26 pm

No anime made me cry, but I thought the ending to Dragon Ball GT was pretty sad though.
Last edited by Guyver Spawn on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:30 pm

View Original PostHexon.Arq wrote:The only anime work that has ever pushed me beyond dewy eyes and into all-out weeping territory was Grave of the Fireflies. I cried like a little girl.

You have no soul if that movie didn't get to you.

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:35 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Not really because Evangelion isn't girly, has bad jokes, music that wants me to tear my eardrum out, ultra brief fighting, horrid characters, mostly bland monsters, too much fanservice, awful Gunbuster parodies, and has pacing that drags on. I could go on but this is not the topic for......... That ONE Series......... :headbeat:

I was talking about the general mood of the series xD

But hei, the music is awesome o.O
I gave it a 9/10, not because of it's little things, but because of the enjoyment I had while watching. I really attached to the characters.
Btw, I hate ecchi fanservice, but I watched it without even noticing it. well, maybe sometimes....
Quotes:

Ramiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Elfen Lied made me cry once and almost managed it twice. The moment where
SPOILER: Show
the little girl diclonius whose name escapes me and her father die (though, according to what I've heard of the manga, I might not be correct here)
pushed me over the edge. It was probably a mixture of things, considering everything that happens in the last few episodes, but that was the moment that got me. I know I would have cried when
the kids kill Lucy's doggie,
but I knew that was going to happen and skipped past it. I can watch most things, but not that.

I'm sure there are plenty of other series that'll make me cry, once I get around to watching them. Haven't really watched much.
I frequently herp where I should derp. Also music.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:30 pm

I once watched Grave of the Fireflies when I should have been doing my homework, and right when the movie ended my mom started yelling at me for "wasting" the last two hours, to which I broke down in tears and explained a brief synopsis of the film. She then understood and stopped yelling.

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WonderBug » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:41 pm

I almost never cry over movies/television, but damn it all if Natsume Yuujinchou didn't make me cry several times over the course of the first season. It was brutal for such a delicate summer show. They didn't waste any time either. I think the episode with
the little god and the old lady
was like the second or third one, and that made me cry the most. fffff

View Original PostRamiel wrote: I know I would have cried when
the kids kill Lucy's doggie,
but I knew that was going to happen and skipped past it. I can watch most things, but not that.

Augh, that scene. You can see it coming from miles away but I still had to look down. It's an extremely cheap play for emotions, but it gets me every damn time no matter the medium.
Last edited by WonderBug on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Natsume Yuujinchou was a wonderfully touching slice of life show. I got a lump in my throat a few times during its 2 season run. I remember at the end of one episode (was it a fox girl? I can't remember) where the spirit was so attached to the human, that at the same time I felt really touched by the display of her jumping happily next to him and realizing at the same time that he will never be able to see her (and she realizing it also).

I recommended this series to a lot of people. The supernatural aspect of the show is really just a canvas, and while you have some episodes that focus on things that are very material, it all pans out nicely as a slow moving slice of life show rooted in the premise of the book of names and the main character's grandmother. And now and then you get these nice gems that are really heartwarming.

I think the last time I teared up from an anime was probably a year or so ago when Clannad After Story was airing. While most of the first season was almost like mud, and most of the After Story was as well, when it got to the point when Tomoya was with his estranged daughter in that field where she lost that robot, it was hard to contain myself. Before that, it was maybe the end of Honey and Clover (second season).

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Episode 8 and the final episode of Gurren Lagann. I cried so many manly tears.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:22 pm

-End of Texhnolyze
-Rakka's "I Wanted to Be With You Much Longer" monologue in Haibane Renmei
-Opera section of Grave of the Fireflies
-Komm Susser Tod in NGE

Yeah, that's about it I think.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:14 am

Pokemon: The First Movie - When the 4kids version came to cinemas in Christmas 1999 I went and saw it. I cried when Ash was frozen.
Pokemon 2000 - I'm not sure if I teared up at all when it first came out. When I re-watched it two years ago, I teared up a bit near the end because it was a pure glimpse into my childhood.
Pokemon 3 - I cry tears of awesomeness when Ash is saved by Charizard, I can't recall tearing up over the other parts.

Kiki's Delivery Service - It was in the second half of this beautiful picture that I began to try tears of happy
Princess Mononoke - Another beautiful picture worthy of my happy tears and manly sad tears.
Spirited Away - *Crys*

Cowboy Bebop - 'Jupiter Jazz Pt II', 'Speak Like a Child', 'Hard Luck Woman' and 'The Real Folk Blues Part II' - I think mentioning the name of these episodes alone should indciate which parts I shed some tears over.

Strangely, I can't recall crying at any point in Neon Genesis Evangelion or The End of Evangelion.
Voluntary Illusion.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:04 am

I don’t think an anime has ever made me cry, though the ending to texhnolyze came close.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:29 am

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:Episode 8 and the final episode of Gurren Lagann. I cried so many manly tears.

THIS.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:31 am

Watching Millennium Actress in theatre, my eyes leaked on cue to the reporter's tears.

The misty-eye scenes I remember most clearly are in Nanoha A's, the "I can still shoot" and "Upgrade required -- install part number [whatever]" scenes; and the alternate legend and Amazing Grace scenes in the final episode of Sora no Woto.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

C W St. J Nobbs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby C W St. J Nobbs » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:42 am

Cowboy Bebop totally pulled at my heartstrings, but no tears were shed. And I have no earthly idea why this came to pass, but freaking FLCL got me all flustered and emotional. Don't judge me.
There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

London calling, see we ain't got no swing/'cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

Boards don't hit back. - Bruce Lee

I do not fear the man who practices 10000 kicks once. I fear the man who practices one kick 10000 times. - Bruce Lee

ALL THINGS THAT ARE, ARE OURS. BUT WE MUST CARE. FOR IF WE DO NOT CARE, WE DO NOT EXIST. IF WE DO NOT EXIST, THEN THERE IS NOTHING BUT BLIND OBLIVION. AND EVEN OBLIVION MUST END SOME DAY. LORD, WILL YOU GRANT ME JUST A LITTLE TIME? FOR THE PROPER BALANCE OF THINGS. TO RETURN WHAT WAS GIVEN. FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS. LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN? - DEATH

Return to “Anime and Manga”