How did the iron maiden 2nd end?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
cubber
Embryo

How did the iron maiden 2nd end?

•      
  •      

Postby cubber » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Hi there, does anybody here how the story ended, it looks like that i won't have the chance to buy the last volume anyway, nor download it.

So can anybody here tell me how the story ended?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:03 pm

You'll be hard pressed to find someone with interest enough to keep up on its Japanese release with the Japanese proficiency to read it. Most likely you'll have to wait for ADV to release it as a graphic novel. Otherwise, I would suggest sending an email to ADTRW. Its possible that in spite of the licensing and ceasation of the scanlations, someone in the group has been keeping up on it. But I doubt it, I've emailed them on a few occasions, and they've never returned my mails.

I've kind of been keeping up on it. I collect the volumes and look at the pictures, but that's about it. I'm not even aware if it's finished or not.

cubber
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cubber » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:21 pm

T_T , all the engagement, for nothing!!

btw, thanks for the info!

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby reagen » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:52 am

Oh, it hasn't end yet?

Anyway, monkey! Is there any update on the download section for that manga?
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:05 am

http://www.evamonkey.com/iron_maiden_2nd/

Sorry to say that all that has been scanlated is in this directory. If I come across another scan/scanlation/textual translation, I'll be sure to make it available. In the meantime you'll just have to wait for the English graphic novel release. But one thing is for certain, subscribing to NewType for "Angelic Days" is foolish. It could be worth it if the magazine actually had content.

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby reagen » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:09 pm

Aww, still no update!!

Oh well..., so is 'Newtype' THAT bad?
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:29 pm

reagen wrote:so is 'Newtype' THAT bad?

Yes.

The thing about NewType is that it's managed to sucker thousands of people into confusing images with actual content. When you boil it down, NewType really doesn't have a significant amount of actual substantial textual content, which is generally the entire purpose of a magazine. NewType is completely the opposite. Instead of being a textual driven magazine supplemented by images, it is a image driven magazine supplemented by text. This drives up the cost of the magazine as it is more costly to print, and there are also a greater amount of fees associated with using copyrighted imagery. Its not a bad magazine, but it's cost far exceeds what you get. Though discontinued, Anime Fringe is a terrific example of something that kicks the ever living crap out of NewType, and the great thing is that it was completely free,

NewType is essentially as if someone took Google image search, set filter to high, wrote a bunch of captions, and packaged it at 15 dollars an issue.

Every time I've broken down and purchased the bloody thing I've been horribly dissapointed.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”