Eva Kids

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 19, 2009 2:53 am

@Timstuff: Dromaeosaurs are practically primitive birds (or otherwise ARE primitive birds, depends on who you ask), so you're almost saying that ugly birds with teeth and claws are okay as long as they're naked and scaly. Hmm...

Anyway.

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:Nope, they have Unit 00,01,02 and maybe more I'm not sure. They all look amazing. Unit 02 has all four eyes.

Ah, here we go. The skin and eye color are wrong, so I probably wouldn't trust their eye count for Eva-00.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Tue May 19, 2009 3:42 am

Reichu wrote:@Timstuff: Dromaeosaurs are practically primitive birds (or otherwise ARE primitive birds, depends on who you ask), so you're almost saying that ugly birds with teeth and claws are okay as long as they're naked and scaly. Hmm...

I thought an upright-walking lizard that could eat the neighbor's dog was cool. When I was growing up, I basically saw Raptors as being like a mini ninja T-rex. For me, the day they started putting feathers on raptors was like the day when a child learns that Santa is dead. Every time I see a feathery raptor, it's like a scientist in a white coat somewhere is laughing at me, saying "your childhood was a lie."
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Tue May 19, 2009 7:25 am

CyberXIII wrote:Reichu, thanks for successfully scaring the everloving crap out of me. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to throw up now....

Reichu wrote:And those were SFW, too. How would you handle the ones with varying combinations of sex, birth, mutilation, mutation, etc.?

My mind would probably snap worse than when Jack Napier fell into that vat of chemicals.
I question the collective sanity of this forum sometimes.
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue May 19, 2009 10:20 am

as long as they aren't all brown or something, feathered dinos can be nifty. Hell, just imagine them as deadly peacocks. :w00t:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue May 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Timstuff wrote:...was like the day when a child learns that Santa is dead.

It's hard to deliver presents all around the world if you have some lumbering, crude piece of meat holding you back. ;)

Every time I see a feathery raptor, it's like a scientist in a white coat somewhere is laughing at me, saying "your childhood was a lie."

Regardless, I think we can all agree that is still an imperative we get this test approved by the Board of Education.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue May 19, 2009 3:27 pm

I think that Shinji and Asuka could have a wonderful child <3
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Tue May 19, 2009 4:39 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:I think that Shinji and Asuka could have a wonderful child <3

Yay, an on topic post! :boingy:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Reichu wrote:
I wrote:I wonder if Gendo/Ritsuko would decide to give things a go how that would be
:shinchair:

For the record that's just me wondering for curiosity's sake, not anything about that particular pairing. (Unless you mean Shinji does not approve. :smirk: )

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:I think that Shinji and Asuka could have a wonderful child <3

Probably, but at the same time I feel they wouldn't need to have a child to be fulfilled/happy together.

EDIT: Argh, searching for any pics of KawoRei kids on the image archive turns up nothing. :(
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Baz
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Baz » Tue May 19, 2009 5:25 pm

I have a picture in my head of Ritsuko sitting and looking at her computer screen, holding a suckling baby to her breast with her left arm and bringing a coffee cup to her lips with her right hand. ;)

Ritsuko would probably fail at being a mother.
Software Error. Press left mouse button to continue.
Guru Meditation #00000004.0000AAC0

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 19, 2009 5:28 pm

I can imagine that too. :lol:

I think Ritsuko wouldn't be a good mother either, considering she said "I don't think I'll ever be a mother" and mentioned she hated her own mother "as a woman" I think it was.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Tue May 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Family also has a history of strangling kids so not really a good start.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Tue May 19, 2009 5:50 pm

I'm not sure what a Gendsuko baby would look like... I'm not sure if I want to know. Gendo is probably the last person on earth Ritsuko should have a kid with though, that's for sure!

I'd be happy to do the honors when she's on the rebound though. :wink:

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rock-Slash » Tue May 19, 2009 6:29 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Argh, searching for any pics of KawoRei kids on the image archive turns up nothing. :(

Every time someone says KawoRei child I only can imagine him >_<

Maybe because of all the angel thing, the pale skin, the grey hair, the weird eyes and the 'return to the mother' thing. I don't know.

Its Chibi-Sephiroth, if you can't reconize him though, not pale enough, without the cat-like pupils, and the eyes are blue instead of cyan. = Less creepy.

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Tue May 19, 2009 7:51 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote: Argh, searching for any pics of KawoRei kids on the image archive turns up nothing.

Heh heh.

Reichu wrote:
Synapsid's a him? WHAAAAAAAT. MY UNIVERSE JUST IMPLODED.

I forgot this was evageeks. Gender gender gender gender gender

What was the motivation, out of curiosity?

A girl knows a bit about you but she hasn’t seen your artwork. I’ve been sending her a lot of Kaworu stuff lately so I thought she’d be in for a change. I’ve slowly been feeding her Eva DVDs. The sculptures popped up right after I’d been asking her what she thought of the angels, and of shamshel who happens to look like a planarian. Yeah, that’s right. A planarian.

I also exist mostly to view good art. The Eva sculptures were sculpted so that they looked natural in their poses, but they also transmitted this raw sense of closeness and oneness that you don’t even see in “human” art. It’s a rare thing, to see the pure bonds between two bodies being conveyed so clearly. This was shocking to see at first. It was very real. So I sent some pictures with the intent that this girl, who draws a lot and has a very good eye, would be able to get what I got out of them. I didn’t really care about your motivations for posting the sculpture pictures…even if it was for a laugh or whatever. But hey, wherever I find what I want, in whatever context, I take what I can get.

http://blog.plover.com/bio/mcconnell.html (the yellow thing)
Last edited by Oedipusfoot on Wed May 20, 2009 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Rock-Slash wrote:Image
is that Pedobear I see? :heehee:
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Tue May 19, 2009 11:00 pm

I don’t have a good way to put down how impressive I found all of Reichu’s cryptozoological models and concepts, I can’t think of anywhere else to see a believable depiction on how the adamites would live and grow ... Sorry I missed the fete but life has a habit of pulling one off at bad times or just handing out semester finals :XP:

I don’t mean to complain but I’m rather disappointed about the lack of Kaworu Shinji children in this thread...Even if teh Sephy in Rock-Slash's post looks like it could be one.
THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:
Rock-Slash wrote:[img] sephy_teddy.jpg[/img]
is that Pedobear I see? :heehee:
It's a hand me down from Shinji.
JimmyWolk wrote:>_>
<_<
aki.php][img]
Oh, wow, I'd seen some of the older images of her, but I hadn't noticed she took so much after her father. Nearly all A/S children pics have them come out a near clone of Asuka, it's nice to see a new way about it...Although Seeing as how Shinji looks almost like a bishonen version of Yui , and Asuka takes after Kyoko, maternal looks might be something of a theme…
Timstuff wrote:
Reichu wrote:For his crime, Shinji is banished from the group and thrown into the wilderness with no survival equipment. He curses at the heavens, curls up into a fetal position, and starts sobbing. The End.

And then at the end, Kaworu shows up, says "It's OK Shinji. We can play the choking game together" and then shonen-ai / yaoi ensues just to piss off the AS shippers just a little bit more. ;)
Which Kaworu are we talking about? Anime Kaworu isn't exactly a boy, so it's not technically shonen ai, although I guess they cant have kids cause veh's sterile... And seeing as how Manga Kaworu killed a homeless kitten, castaway Shinji could face a darker version of the choking game...Unless if it’s after Armisael , then it would just be along the lines of Gravitation Remix -o-;
Sailor Star Dust wrote:Oh, and for what it's worth, an Eva card stated Aoba likes Maya.

Source or it doesn't exist...
I guess it’s possible he was infatuated with her, but seeing as how Rei didn’t take her form it wasn’t anything more than that.
Reichu wrote:Sachiel and Kyoko are both blue-bloods, so I think that they should have a baby together. I don't know why, but it should be a boy. Maybe he would look a little like this.
azrael_crouch-color.jpg[/img]

His name is Azrael. Isn't he handsome? :kawaii: He's a troubled lad, with an equally troubled relationship with his mom, but it turns out alright in the end. Azrael is a good boy and he kyoko,azrael_lick.gif]loves his mommy[/url]...
what's going on in the sculpture... during Kayin's infancy, she rejects her mother for unknown reasons, and refuses to feed, which is required for her S2 organ to finish developing. Given restrictions of the environment at that time, Azrael happens to be the “next best thing” available, so he’s forced into the position of “surrogate mom”...So, yeah, the sculpture is about an oversized baby nursing on the blood of a male forced to be a mom...

[/quote] It's really impressive how you have a story behind the art that not only fleshes the EVA children but also gives an idea on how their kind lives... It's almost like some sort of paleontological novella. It’s rather Ironic that Azrael named after the angel of death is involved in the giving of life.
Asuka now has a very handsome kid brother (and very well drawn and sculpted, he’s got an Asukaesque look about him in the picture). Although I have a question, I might just be dense, but outside of his tuxedo pattern I didn’t see much that came off as aristocratic in Sachi

Reichu wrote:Since Yui and Zeruel are so close, and because they're both badasses in their respective groups, I think they should have a child, too. Let's see... What would she look like? yorkami_color_thumb.jpg[/img][/url](Click for full)
If you don’t mind telling, is there any significance behind the name? Seeing as how Yui swallowed his heart they’d have to be close ...does this mean they did something during the food fight?(even if that’s a rather arachnoid way to go)
And one other question: Yui is supposed to be Lilith derived so how would Genetic compatibility work with an Adamite/angel? Would the result be some sort of mule type hybrid (no offence to yorkami, and Kaworu)?
Reichu wrote:My favorite part of the “clown car uterus” scenario is that the more children Asuka and Shinji have in the suboptimal post-3I environment, the more likely Asuka is to die from something pregnancy-related. Whoops...
Yes, yes my thoughts exactly; even when you scratch out all the complications of a midwife pregnancy with a teenage mother there’s still the issue of deprivation that the children would certainly face unless if society is functioning again...It’s probably just my twisted reasoning but I think they’d be better off as a homosexual couple after 3I -o-; or they could just have a vast supply of unrealistically failsafe contraceptives.
Reichu wrote:
Oedipusfoot wrote:Where's Synapsid when you need him?

Synapsid's a him? WHAAAAAAAT. MY UNIVERSE JUST IMPLODED.

I forgot this was evageeks. Gender gender gender gender gender

I don't recall handing out my karyotype to anyone (as if that alone makes gender), either way I'd rather you use gender neutral pronouns thank you :biii:
Baz wrote: I'm definitely going off-topic here, but what else could he be?I'd love to meet him in person (but don't get any ideas, Synapsid!)
Um let’s see, besides the mundane male female dichotomy there could always trap, intersexed , and genderqueer ...And if you’re talking genetics there’s an even greater number of mutations around. ;) But thanks for the personality compliment Baz.
Oedipusfoot wrote:I’d been asking her what she thought of the angels, and of shamshel who happens to look like a planarian. Yeah, that’s right. A planarian.

You know, I thought the same thing when I saw Shammy ( I was in a zoology haze at the time). The flat arrow body, the core where the flatworm mouth rests, and those very funny eyespots all made shamshel look like a giant planarian...It was a really cute touch, and the funny design fit into the vaguely retro monster sci-fi theme the first episodes put the angels in. Of course I might be biased, as I’m rather fond of the real life flatworms.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 20, 2009 1:16 pm

Synapsid wrote:Anime Kaworu isn't exactly a boy,

.....Let me clarify: Fem-Kaworu is just a hypothesis and a silly but fun/awesome one at that. Kaworu himself is indeed a boy, it's just his soul is female.

I guess it’s possible he was infatuated with her, but seeing as how Rei didn’t take her form it wasn’t anything more than that.

The thing is, no matter what a trading card series or a game says, it's best to go by what the actual series tells us. Any other (background of sorts) information is secondary.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu May 21, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Wed May 20, 2009 11:05 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:.....Let me clarify: Fem-Kaworu is just a hypothesis and a silly but fun/awesome one at that. Kaworu himself is indeed a boy, it's just his soul is female.
Err, yes I know that's the official line, but the concept of Kaworu being some sort of genderfreak mutant because of the recombinant material from Katsuragi and mother Adam is just too much for me to pass up on :tongue: ...Besides how do we realy know Kaworu has human male gonads, we never saw any in 24&EOE (despite the abundance of vulvae).
The thing is, no matter what a trading card series or a game says, it's best to go by what the actual series tells us. Any other (background of sorts
) information is secondary.
Ah, yes, sorry about my last post, I can't help but get carried away in these topics, either way what Aoba thought is a rather moot point given his lack of action, and relative lack of characterization.
Poor Aoba, he always was alone, Maya and Hyuga got a fair amount of fleshing out, but he never got his motivations and relations displayed, asides from his role in the grownup Three Stooges.
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Fast Tony DeNiro
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fast Tony DeNiro » Wed May 20, 2009 11:34 pm

Synapsid wrote:Besides how do we realy know Kaworu has human male gonads, we never saw any in 24&EOE (despite the abundance of vulvae).

Because no one wants to stare at balls? Just a thought.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Wed May 20, 2009 11:58 pm

Fast Tony DeNiro wrote:Because no one wants to stare at balls?
The doujin I've seen say otherwise, besides that didn't stop them from decorating Lilith with realistic gonads...

Back on topic, can Rei and Kaworu even conceive or would their lab rat conception have left them sterile?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”