The Live Action Evangelion Movie

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

chibisakuya [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chibisakuya [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:55 pm

Come on guys Image Daniel Radcliffe isn't such a bad actor. While I agree he shouldn't play Shinji, theres no reason to hate him. I mean to me he plays an excellent part as Harry Potter.

I heard about this 5 days ago. I have to believe that it is a rumor.

Originally posted on: 10-Aug-2003, 19:47 GMT

The fly [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The fly [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:55 pm

chibisakuya wrote:Come on guys Image Daniel Radcliffe isn't such a bad actor. While I agree he shouldn't play Shinji, theres no reason to hate him. I mean to me he plays an excellent part as Harry Potter.

I heard about this 5 days ago. I have to believe that it is a rumor.

i dunno, i think hes a pretty bad actor

Originally posted on: 10-Aug-2003, 19:50 GMT

DruMMers02 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DruMMers02 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:58 pm

They should scrap this movie, the story is not meant for a 1.5 to a 2 hour movie....even though they did it with death and rebirth...but still...if they do continue this movie, they better not F*ck up the story, and i swear if they put harry potter as Shinji heads are gonna fly!:complain:

Originally posted on: 10-Aug-2003, 19:52 GMT

JOlteus_K [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JOlteus_K [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:59 pm

I don't think they shoud make a live action EVangelion, its probabl;y gonna end up really cheesy. As for Radcliffe playing Shinji, I think it's a horrible idea.

Originally posted on: 10-Aug-2003, 19:53 GMT

SuperKnuckles [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SuperKnuckles [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:00 pm

Radcliffe isn't too bad an actor. It's just that he's still pretty much a child actor. But then again, Shinji is supposed to be a kid.

I dunno. I'll wait until I actually see the movie unlike you guys passing judgment on it already..

Originally posted on: 10-Aug-2003, 19:54 GMT

DruMMers02 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DruMMers02 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:00 pm

you can't have a british kid f*ckin screwing up Shinji's role, it just cant happen! im ok witht he fact they're making an evangelion movie, but if you watched the show and understood every single thing on it, you know they can't reproduce this, its one of a kind, the only thing i can imagine is this as a storyline for this movie:

three kids chosen to pilot mechas (or some crap they might say)
1 unknown past, 1 arrogant, and 1 troubles with dad (something wack like that)
they only fight one angel, and its to save the whole world.....(i swear it better not be something stupid like that)

still puzzling me though, is it going to be the series + end of evangelion together, or just part of the series?

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 08:01 GMT

SuperKnuckles [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SuperKnuckles [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:00 pm

DruMMers02 wrote:you can't have a british kid f*ckin screwing up Shinji's role, it just cant happen! im ok witht he fact they're making an evangelion movie, but if you watched the show and understood every single thing on it, you know they can't reproduce this, its one of a kind, the only thing i can imagine is this as a storyline for this movie:

three kids chosen to pilot mechas (or some crap they might say)
1 unknown past, 1 arrogant, and 1 troubles with dad (something wack like that)
they only fight one angel, and its to save the whole world.....(i swear it better not be something stupid like that)

still puzzling me though, is it going to be the series + end of evangelion together, or just part of the series?

You DO know that they said that exact same thing about a Lord of the Rings movie. Good thing that one of the LOTR collaborators WETA is helping making Evangelion.

We never know until it comes out.

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 08:04 GMT

DruMMers02 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DruMMers02 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:00 pm

yea thats true, even though im not a big fanatic for LOTR, the movies were done pretty good, but still, i guess we have to wait for the first screens ya know..then we can pass judgement.

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 08:07 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:00 pm

As has been said many times, it probably won't even happen.

Its meant to be getting $100,000,000.

ADV don't have that much to spend.
Gainax probably don't, and wouldn't pay it even if they do.
WETA are getting paid, not paying.

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 08:10 GMT

swatta [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby swatta [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:02 pm

Gundam_Warrior1 wrote:http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/432/432931p1.html
Thoughts? It's only a rumor but eh it will heat something up.

Image I hope this isn't a rumor. Since I'm such a big eva fan and all. I actually hope this really happens. Image

swatta

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 08:13 GMT

GandalfsWhisper [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GandalfsWhisper [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:02 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:As has been said many times, it probably won't even happen.

it's this reasoning that is keeping me from falling into a very deep depression *sigh*

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 08:13 GMT

swatta [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby swatta [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:03 pm

DruMMers02 wrote:you can't have a british kid f*ckin screwing up Shinji's role, it just cant happen!

Hey come on, give him a chance, It'll be great. Image

swatta

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 08:17 GMT

Hathaway Noa [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hathaway Noa [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:03 pm

They should do it like this
3 movies

Movie 1
The 3rd angel attacks Gendou summons Shinji. He goes into combat to prove his worth to his father. Shinji satrts off with his *** getting kicked. It goes after NERV. Shinji does'nt want booth of his parents dead. He comes and kicks the Angels ***.

Rei who is in the hospital hears about the battle and asks Misato to get Shinji. Shinji comes and Rei thanks Shinji fot saving Gendou. Shinji finds out about how Gendo " adopted" Rei after he abandoned Shinji. Shinji now lives with Misato.

Character developement ( Rei is out of the hospital)

Unit 00 is rebuilt after it was damaged in the first Angel attack. Shinji and Rei train. Shinji's sync ration is gradualy improving. Rei and Shinji are now good friends. Shinji admits his hate for his father and starts dissing him. Rei gets angry at Shinji.

The fourth angel attacks. Both units are required but unit 0 refuses to activate. Shinji goes on his own. He fights the angel on a huge mountain.

(BIG FIGHT)

The Angel slashes the legs off unit 1. It comes to finish Shinji off who has lost all hope for survivol. Rei hears Shinji's scream. Unit 0 activates. Rei apears and uses a sniper to kill the Angel seconds before it killed Shinji. Unit 1 is recoverd from the mountain.

More character devopement

The fith Angel comes and Misato makes a big two pronged attack idea. Rei sets up a sniper and a shield and distacts the angel with shots. Unit 1 parachutes off a plane with a huge sword. Rei is out of bullets and the Angel fires it begins to melt the shield. The shot hit's unit zero and destoys it. Rei manages to eject but the plug is damaged. Everyone thinks Rei is dead. Shinji lands on the angel in mid air but gets knocked off. A shot from the angel blastes off unit ones arm along with the sword. Misato has proton rifle sent to unit one. Shinji fires it at point blank range. The Eva is damaged and Shinji gets out to check on Rei. We find the same ending as in episode 6.

Movie 2

Misato,Shinji,Toji and Kensuke all go to pick up Unit 2 and Asuka the 2nd child from Germany. They arrive to find Asuka finishing off the 6th Angel. she gets back on the bridge and is quite popular with the crew members ( after all she just saved the fleet).

Misato lands her little plane and introduces Shinji to Asuka. Shinji seems to have a little bit of a crush on Asuka. Asuka is passive about Shinji but is impressed of his high sync ratio. The get off the boat.

We find out about unit 4's big explosion.And unit 3 is being sent to Japan. Asuka ends up living with Shinji and Misato and starts being a little bit of a bitch. Unit Zero is Re built.

Character developement

The 7th angel( the 10th in the series) arrives above earth. The angel begins to drop directly over NERV.It drops pieces of it's self trying to desroy the 3 EVA's. Rei is once again the sniper and blows most of them up in the air. Shinji and Asuka catch the falling angel. They both stab the Angel simultainiusly. Unfortionately the angel explodes causing major damage to all three EVA'S.

Unit 3 arrives from ( werever it will come from this time). Toji is selected as pilot for it. The 8th ( 12 in the series) arrives near NERV. Toji launches in Unit 3 to scout it out. Leliel bursts open to reveal Unit 4 witch was sucked into the dirac sea in the explosion.

(BIG BATTLE)

Unit 3 and 4 are both destroyed and Toji sent t the hosital. Unit 1,2,and 0 are all repaired.

Character developement

The 9th Angel ( 15th in the series) arrives. It starts to attack Shinji and Asuka mentaly. Rei is ordered to get the lance of Longinus. Rei worries that about the other pilots but leaves knowing it's the only way. Asuka is getting her mind raped while Shinji is resisting a lot better. Rei shows up wit the lance and throws it at the Angel. It's a perfect shot which pierces threw the Angel. Asuka is at the point were Unit 2 won't work. Shinji managed to stay sane.

TThe movie ends with Asuka uncounsius in bed. Shnji is starting to become quite depresed and Rei is trying to make him feel better.

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 08:21 GMT

Orin_Quon [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Orin_Quon [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:03 pm

Oh, for God's sake. Don't people read threads AT ALL?

This has been mentioned a couple months ago or so already. Someone reposts an old rumor/news and everybody is like "whoah".

Originally posted on: 10-Aug-2003, 23:11 GMT

Kiyone [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kiyone [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:04 pm

I think the rumour first appeared on this site. At least that's where I first heard of it.

I am firmly in the Sharp-kun camp on this one... assuming they want to do a $100 million summer "event" film, I simply won't believe it will ever be made until one of the "big 7" studios show interest, because ADV and Gainax couldn't possibly afford to risk $100 million (plus advertising and prints) on something that may well flop.

Originally posted on: 10-Aug-2003, 23:44 GMT

saiyajin prince [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby saiyajin prince [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:04 pm

OH god, it would be worse if one of them Hollywood studios decides to pick it up....

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 00:07 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Hathaway Noa wrote:Movie 2

Misato,Shinji,Toji and Kensuke all go to pick up Unit 2 and Asuka the 2nd child from Germany. .

You not even going to have Asuka appear until the second movie? She is probably the second or third most important charters, with the most lines and a damn lot of screen time.

OH god, it would be worse if one of them Hollywood studios decides to pick it up....

That is probably the only way it will get made being that expensive....so lets hope the studios hate it!! Image

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 00:15 GMT

GandalfsWhisper [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GandalfsWhisper [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:04 pm

the movie will probably fail because there's a good chance the Hollywood execs are going to watch the series before they decide to sponser the script. Anyone who's seen the series wouldn't make it into a Hollywood movie.

just had a funny thought:

"Harry Potter Kid: (with english accent) Hello, I'm Shinji Ikari."

even though they'll probably change the names.

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 01:38 GMT

Asuka 96018 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka 96018 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:As has been said many times, it probably won't even happen.

Reading that makes me feel so much better.

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 01:43 GMT

Hathaway Noa [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hathaway Noa [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:04 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tv33
[B]You not even going to have Asuka appear until the second movie? She is probably the second or third most important charters, with the most lines and a damn lot of screen time.

Remember this is the Hollywood version,Asuka plays a huge part in the second movie but she should die at the end of the third along with Rei Misato Gendou Risuko Maya and Kawuro.

Third movie

The 5th child from Europe arrives to Japan and becomes Eva unit 2's pilot. Shinji meets Kawuro.

Character Developement.

The 10th angel Zeruel arrives and Shinji and Rei launches into the battle. Shinji begins to fire at it with know luck. Unit ones cord is cut and leaves Shinji a sitting duck. The Angel prepares to kill Eva 1. Rei charges in and tackles the Angel down. Rei is knocked back and grabs an N2 mine. Rei is crying as she charges into the enemy. Rei is killed and the Angel unharmed by the blast. Shinji see's this and charges after the enemy.

( Big battle)
Eva unit one strangles Zeruel and kills it. Eva one is recoverd and Shinji mourns Reis death. Kawuro and Shinji talks. Shinji returns home and locks himself in his room. Misato tries to help Shinji but Shinji is realy pissed at Misato and Blames her for Rei's death. Ritsuko tells Shinji to follow her if he wanted to learn about his father.

Shinji meets Ritsuko and they enter a room full of dead Eva experaments. Ritsuko talks about how Gendou is trying to be God and should be punished. " He won't care if you kill me", Shinji states. Ritsuko knows and walks Shinji into a room with a Rei clone in the middle of it and two empty tubes. Ritsuko kills Rei who is so dear to Gendou. Shinji is in Shock at what he saw. The whiole Lilith/Rei clone thing is explained.

Shinji walks to the hospital to see Asuka still uncouncius. Shinji cries for about a minute. Shinji meets Gendou on the street and Gendou explains his motives.

Shinji and Kawuro are doing tests and Kawuro on his first try is almost twice as good as Shinji. Everyone is amazed at Kawuro.

Character Developement

Kawuro is confirmed as the Final Eva. Kawuro figures out he;s been discoverd and Goes after everyone in NERV. First he kills Gendou. Then goes for Terminal Dogma. Shinji launches in Unit one and faces Kawuro but is to late with NERV mostly Destroyed. Shiniji pushes Kawuro onto a launch pad and both of them goes to the cerface. They battle up top. Unit 2 kicks unit one into the hospital killing Touji and Asuka. Shinji see's Toji's dead body. Kawuro talks about how he is Adam and has decided that his creation man has become corrupt and he plans on destroying it. From their their Kawuro takes his dagger and prepares to kill Shinji. Rei who is standing on a pile opf rubble launches her AT field and stops the hand of unit 2. Rei is using all her life force to stop Kawuro. Shinji stabs Eva two and kills Kawuro. But Shinji waited to long abnd Rie died as soon as Shinji killed Kawuro. Shinji gets out of the Eva to find survivors but finds no one.( Crying scene) Shinji takes the next train out of Tokyo to Kyoto.

Originally posted on: 11-Aug-2003, 03:22 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”