09 Rei

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
unz
Israfel
Israfel

Postby unz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Not sure what you are referring to (she did betray him anyway) but Rei's falling arm is a teaching/foreshadowing for the big moment megarei falls apart giving up her shape or something. Blood spurts, the kids have a talk, everything goes down. "8D"

Oh maybe you mean to have him grab her boob and stuff and take his hand away. Seele was conquering nerv though so her boob had no chance.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:29 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Please say it

Somebody working on NTE has not-so-subtly worked a catgirl fetish into the movies.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:36 pm

Wouldn't the space helmets, Asuka's hat and Unit 02's Beast mode in Q be a better example of cat symbolism/fetish than a collar which possibly has a stronger link with the DSS choker?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:52 pm

Are you questioning my knowledge of pet play?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:03 pm

It's true, hats are nothing to collars.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:52 am

They're also quite fashionable.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Seoul Gamer
Adam

Postby Seoul Gamer » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:24 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:If that means Shinji and ReiQ hooked up it'd bug me, since that would mean he'd traded one mother clone for another -- kinda skeevy IMO. But if it meant she was formally recognized as his sister that would be kinda cool. Too bad it's just a fan idea, but who knows?

Zero chance of any shipping going on there. I doubt we'll get closure on their relationship, since Rei has always been more a plot device than a character. She'll be ignored until the last thirty minutes, then rewrite the Big Bang or something.
Be warned, I may occasionally ask stupid questions.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:45 pm

...yeah, now I'm starting to re-write the lyrics of Barenaked Ladies 'Big Bang Theory' to be about Eva. Thank you, Seoul Gamer. You did this to me.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Shinji will have to settle for the fertility goddess, Shikinami is too busy making meow meows with Mari to bother with him.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:12 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Shinji will have to settle for the fertility goddess, Shikinami is too busy making meow meows with Mari to bother with him.

Liked I mentioned before, I totally ship Shinji x self actualization more than anything. We should let go of our shipping googles as that ship has long sailed.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:17 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Liked I mentioned before, I totally ship Shinji x self actualization more than anything. We should let go of our shipping googles as that ship has long sailed.

Well, Shinji x anyone has sailed, anyway. Marisuka is still totally legit. :asuka_thumbsup:
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:04 pm

^

Oh come on, be more optimistic Bags, Shinji X ANYBODY hasn't sailed for his life. Maybe not as the focus of the next movie, but at least for his future when he succeeds. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:31 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Liked I mentioned before, I totally ship Shinji x self actualization more than anything. We should let go of our shipping googles as that ship has long sailed.

You can pry them from my warm, sticky hands.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:39 pm

^Not for life, but Shinji has plenty of other things to worry about in the short term and nobody to do it with unless Unit 01 decides to rebuild Rei for him.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Marisuka is still totally legit. :asuka_thumbsup:

That's all Asuka really needed. A spot of tea, a British hooligan and now she's right as rain! :marihearts:

I'm really excited to see how Rei Q develops over the course of the next movie. Kaworu says her soul is in somewhere else or in the wrong place or whatever that jazz was, but functionally she doesn't act very different from her predecessor. She's far more ignorant, less self aware and not self-motivated, but that can easily be a result of her shitty living conditions and Gendo's absentee parenting. Shinji and Rei-Q can have a threesome with self-actualization!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:47 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Shinji and Rei-Q can have a threesome with self-actualization!

How can two people have a threesome?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:48 pm

When your girlfriend is a clone many anatomical possibilities become open to you.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:51 pm

^
And a lot of moral and ethical implications as well. Such as, when does it stop being sexy and simply "a date with Rosie palms"? XD

But seriously, I agree that Shinji does have a lot more things more important to worry about than a girl friend. My only gripe for Final is if he doesn't end up ALONE. Period. Meaning, I hope he doesn't leave Wille, Misato, or Asuka, even if to find his place in the world. They're all the family he's ever had, and I'd hate to see him sacrifice that. :sniffle:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:53 pm

Clearly if you had a clone harem, they would start out completely identical but over time their experiences would differentiate them to the point that they were distinct individuals, as dictated by complexity theory.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:03 pm

................. Do you have a harem Chuckman?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:06 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Clearly if you had a clone harem, they would start out completely identical but over time their experiences would differentiate them to the point that they were distinct individuals, as dictated by complexity theory.

Clones are a waste. Far better to be initiated into a hot lesbian relationship. Yeah, you'll always be the beta, but being beta to two hot females is totally worth it. You're like, "OMG, they're making out and I get to watch!" And sometimes, they drag you into it! Your friends will give you shit, but who's fucking Mari and Asuka? Damn right. Your friends are fucking morons, and you're living the life they never even dreamed of living.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”