The Happy Red Planet (Now with illustrations and comics!)

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:48 pm

The story has been updated with Chapter 3! Shinji and his friends are preparing for the battle against Seele, but will it be enough? Can this motley crew of Lilin, Angels, and kitchen appliances really save the day?

I hope you enjoy the new chapter, and feedback would be greatly appreciated! By the way, the next few chapters have also been written, although the beta readers haven't gone over them yet. With luck, this means Chapter 4 will be posted in a few weeks! Yay! :D
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:33 am

:lol: :huh: :facepalm:
I'm. . . I'm not even sure what the proper reaction to this story is anymore at this point.

Not that that's a bad thing!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:22 am

"Sweet, sweet bloodshed" :rofl:
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:33 am

Truly, Yui is the most embarrassing giant murderous cyborg ever. :hitthetable:
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:34 pm

^
TELL THE TO CALL ME GRANDMA!

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:53 am

Thanks for the comments, folks! I'm glad that people are enjoying the Yui jokes, heh.

El Squibbonator: Just wait until you see the next chapter! :devil:

ChaddyManPrime: Yeah, Yui has a lot of time to think about... interesting things while she's stuck in that Eva.

Squigsquasher: All I can say is, good luck to whoever marries Shinji, because they'll have that "embarrassing giant murderous cyborg" as a mother-in-law! :lol:

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:34 am

Huh boy. . .
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:35 pm

This is fairly amusing.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:20 am

Thanks, NemZ! Part of the reason why I made this story a comedy was as a way of coping with the strong emotions that Evangelion makes me feel sometimes, but it's nice to know if others are actually being entertained by it. ^_^

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:17 am

I've not got round to reading this before, but I've really enjoyed the first chapter as a relaxation, and will move on to the next shortly. I got some references, but assume I missed more - I imagine that everyone gets the kitten, of course, so that hardly counts...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:17 pm

Wow, thanks, pwhodges! It's an honor to receive feedback from you, because I've been really enjoying your fan fic so far! Yeah, the kitten is probably the easiest reference to get. I'd say the trickiest one is probably the Kaworu who spoke Russian... at least, nobody has mentioned to me that they figured out that one. Heh.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Sorry this is a late reply, but what is the Russian Kaworu a reference to?
Also, will any characters from Rebuild (Mari, for example) be in this story?

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:03 pm

A few people have asked me about the Russian-speaking Kaworu, so the answer will be revealed in the next chapter. :D

As for the New Theatrical Edition (AKA "Rebuild"), the story will have a few small shout-outs to it, but you'll have to wait to see exactly what they are. There already was a subtle little shout-out to NTE in the first chapter, though. Give yourself a pat on the back if you spotted it!

Thanks for your continued interest in this story, everyone! A comic based on a scene from Chapter 3 is in the works, so stay tuned!

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:35 pm

The comic for Chapter 3 is here! Since the Yui jokes from that chapter seemed to be pretty popular, Shinji's conversation with her is the scene that Ivi turned into a comic. Enjoy...

Doing that thing again, by Ivi: A scene from Chapter Three. Shinji finds out just how embarrassing his mother can be.

Also, another artist known as np did a picture inspired by Chapter 1 a while back, so here it is for those who haven't seen it yet:

Will you take care of him?, by np

My deepest thanks to Ivi, np, and Rulani for the wonderful illustrations and comics they have done for the story so far! The first post in this topic has been edited to include links to all the artwork currently available for this fic, so you can check it out in case you missed anything. Also, I got feedback from the beta readers on Chapter 4, so I will be making final adjustments based on their suggestions. If all goes well, this new chapter will be posted in early November. :D

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:37 pm

As usual, congratulations. It's funny seeing Unit 01 as a person.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:17 pm

The story has been updated with Chapter 4! The secret of the TABRIS Project is revealed, but Seele is not willing to go down without a fight. It's time for Asuka and Rei to battle against the Mass Production Evangelions...

This chapter's a bit longer than the others, but we'll be back to shorter installments starting with the next chapter. Anyway, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:39 am

Absolutely loved it Good Mam, I really enjoy long chapters by the way.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:45 am

Thank you very much, ChaddyManPrime! I'm glad you enjoyed the new chapter, and I'm also glad the length was okay for you. ^_^

Ivi will be working on a comic based on a scene from Chapter 4, so stay tuned!

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:01 am

The comic for Chapter 4 is here! For this one, Ivi did an adaptation of the merchandising song. Also, for those of you who were wondering if Mari would ever show up in this story, Ivi actually sneaked her in as a little Easter egg. So check out the comic, and enjoy...

Merchandising, merchandising!, by Ivi: A musical interlude from Chapter Four. Gainax 'n Khara want you to spend more, so head on down to the Eva Store!

As always, many thanks to Ivi for bringing my fic to life with such fun drawings!

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:51 am

The story has been updated with Chapter 5! Asuka and Rei discover a few things about the Mass Production Evangelions, while Shinji and Misato learn more about the TABRIS Project, the nature of time, and the power of peanut butter.

To balance out the length and wackiness of the previous installment, this newest chapter is shorter and (relatively) saner. As always, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Return to “Fanfiction”