Evangelion Fan Art [ 6/23/2004 - 7/8/2011 ]

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Very nice. I love how shell-shocked Shinji looks there. Asuka's hand is bandaged, yes? Sort of hard for me to tell. :sweatdrop:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Miuzaki
Lilith

Postby Miuzaki » Tue May 17, 2011 12:08 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Very nice. I love how shell-shocked Shinji looks there. Asuka's hand is bandaged, yes? Sort of hard for me to tell. :sweatdrop:

So the almighty sailor star dust comments on my art?! (im just kidding, your a pretty big person in the eva fan world)

Yes... well i think its easy to see especially if you see the fullview. I do my colorz like Cel art (not cel shading) like those classic paint cels. And add some effects and filters later. I hope it isint too long before colors are done.

if you see the rest of my art it kind of pales in comparison. Im thankfull i improve pretty fast. i cant realy take my time right now.

Thank you by the way, i listened to Propane nightmares (celldweller remix) - Pendulum while drawing this.

Edit, Bumped the thread --------------------------------------

I finished coloring it, im glad it didint take more than 7 hours. Thats actually not that long.

Song i listened to this time:
Nine Inch Nails - Were in this together
Last edited by Miuzaki on Wed May 18, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 17, 2011 12:37 pm

View Original PostMiuzaki wrote:So the almighty sailor star dust comments on my art?! (im just kidding, your a pretty big person in the eva fan world)

Now Reichu I can see, but me?! O_o Huh... I blame my Asuka/Shinji fangirlness if that's the case.

Very nice coloring job with this piece.

I skimmed through your other artwork, and I hope you continue with drawing, you have some good ideas going. :)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Miuzaki
Lilith

Postby Miuzaki » Tue May 17, 2011 12:54 pm

My milestone is to achieve "Oneness with sadamoto's style" So when i write my eva based material and people commision me for eva characters or anything like that, they will get the best Y.S. Experience i can give them.

Eva realy isint the same without Sadamoto's touch.
-------
And yes i saw your Japanese translation work and your Writing material. Its quite impressive, so go ahead and take recognition, you have achieved a lot and you are important to the eva society.

Im used to this because i think my art isint that important and i realize it is to some people, so i get a better idea of how i effect society.

Lilith

Postby Avatar of Dreams » Sat May 21, 2011 6:24 pm

I haven't done any eva fanart in forever so I decided to draw this one. Yay for stealing other anime characters' costumes.

Of course you didn't Asuka.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat May 21, 2011 6:30 pm

tsun tsun~

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat May 21, 2011 6:58 pm

View Original PostMiuzaki wrote:My milestone is to achieve "Oneness with sadamoto's style"

The biggest thing with anime art styles is mainly the eyes. If you want to master the Sadamoto art style, you want to be able to draw his style of eyes. Once you can do that, you can (actually, you will already) mimic him entirely. To add, if you want to make it even more like Sadamoto, He (at least, from what I see) shades in the color with fancy colored pencils (or something of those lines). You might want to look at some of his wallpapers if you want to be able to draw like him.

Here's a few:

SPOILER: Show

If you want even better ones, try reading the manga. I think these are drawn by Sadamoto himself. Be sure to find pictures of them looking directly at the viewer.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat May 21, 2011 7:16 pm

View Original PostAvatar of Dreams wrote:I haven't done any eva fanart in forever so I decided to draw this one. Yay for stealing other anime characters' costumes.

Somehow the effect is to get me to look for pics of Rin Tousaka instead....
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilith

Postby Avatar of Dreams » Sat May 21, 2011 9:50 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Somehow the effect is to get me to look for pics of Rin Tousaka instead....

Haha, maybe that was my intent. :wink:

Miuzaki
Lilith

Postby Miuzaki » Mon May 23, 2011 10:03 am

Very nice picture of Asuka by the way, It looks much like her.
but your style of a body looks a little more real than when Y.S. draws her in her plugsuit.
When Y.S. draws it
The circle of her abdomen area is a streched oval instead of a circle and her ribcage is drawn a lot shorter than normal bodies. Like a square instead of a rectangle.
And her legs seem TOO long.

In short. Y.S. exaggerates the length of the body quite a bit.

As a reply to stryker:
The eyes are the most important, yes. But thats simply not it. Looking over and over sadamoto draws bigger hands with slightly elongated fingers. It looks square like. And the bodies are long and look stretched. When he draws clothes the fabric looks kind of hard. and the folds are pretty straightforward.
The limbs have a square like edge to them.
The more fatty, muscular parts of the body like the legs are brought out but not overdone in how bulky they are.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Mon May 23, 2011 7:16 pm

View Original PostMiuzaki wrote:The eyes are the most important, yes. But thats simply not it. Looking over and over sadamoto draws bigger hands with slightly elongated fingers. It looks square like. And the bodies are long and look stretched. When he draws clothes the fabric looks kind of hard. and the folds are pretty straightforward.
The limbs have a square like edge to them.
The more fatty, muscular parts of the body like the legs are brought out but not overdone in how bulky they are.

You know, there is nothing wrong with tracing/copying. Half my art is just that. I think it is the easiest way to get the feel for art styles, and then start off on your own designs. Although, I see that it was the first thing you did. Tracing usually works if you do the entire body.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Mon May 23, 2011 9:23 pm

I might have posted these before...

NOT SAFE FOR SANITY/WORK

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Tue May 24, 2011 7:49 am

Getter Evangelion :rofl:

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue May 24, 2011 7:52 am

Do you guys think that Operation Yashima was a big reference to the Getter Beam?

Miuzaki
Lilith

Postby Miuzaki » Tue May 24, 2011 10:11 am

View Original PostStryker wrote: Although, I see that it was the first thing you did. Tracing usually works if you do the entire body.

I didint trace a damn thing in that picture i made of Shinji and Asuka. There isint a lot of things wrong with tracing, but the biggest thing is that it doesint teach you anything.

Xous
Lilith

Postby Xous » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:57 pm

It's been a while since I've had a chance to draw anything from Evangelion... The last time I sat down and really worked on something from the show was a few years ago when I first got my tablet. Lately (for a few years now) I've been focusing on drawing Pokémon art and painting portraits and other illustrations. It's been fun, but I've been waiting for a good time to draw other things that interest me.

Because it's been so long since I've drawn anything Eva-related, I just started a mini-project - I'll be drawing the 17 Angels that appear in the original T.V. series. I'm going to try to go in order so I can stay focused (and so I don't get tempted to just draw the ones I like first and then forget about the others). So... Of course, I started with Adam:
(Warning, large image.)

Since Adam is just a giant of light, this was really easy to make. Not a whole lot of detail had to go into sketching it, so I was able to get this done in a few hours. (Lilith is going to be a lot harder, but far more fun.)

Anyway, it's probably obvious what's going on here... Activating Second Impact and all that. After I completed this I read on the Wiki Adam's wings of light didn't split into four until it exploded... But it didn't look as cool without four wings, so... I just think it looks cooler this way. xD
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:45 pm

Not bad. I think he looks pretty badass.

Rocky Raccoon
Embryo

Postby Rocky Raccoon » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:17 am

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Someone » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:26 am

^What....what...what....
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 am

^ I love the bit about ultra-violence and Bach :)
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Return to “Fan Works”