[GAME] Your ultimate Evangelion video game idea(s)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

[GAME] Your ultimate Evangelion video game idea(s)

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:34 am

Upset that Evangelion's video game track record is less than stellar? Here's a thread where you can play armchair developer, and tell us all how awesome an Evangelion game should be. I've got several ideas, but I think I'll start with the one that (theoretically) should be the hardest to screw up.

Evangelion: Kaiju Wars

A melee fighting game in the same vein as Smash Bros., Power Stone, and Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee. You'd be able to select from a roster of various Evangelions and Angels (and Jet Alone) with various melee and special attacks and limited movelists, and then participate in city-crushing melee battles. The city would be full of powerups and weapons like assault rifles, gatling guns and N2 mines. Combat would be shallow multiplayer fun, with fairly simple moves lists and a greater emphasis on special attacks and power-ups than combos. It'd basically be the spiritual successor to GOD:DAMM, but faster paced and more polished. There'd also be a story mode in there somewhere too, but the real meat and potatoes would be the 4-player multiplayer component.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

HENRCAST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HENRCAST » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:50 am

Isn't Battle Orchestra (for the PS2) like that?

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:56 am

I'd like to see some kind of RPG where you pick a character (any character in Evangelion of course, not something crazy like Link or James Bond, maybe as a reward?) and you go through the whole series, from the first episode to EoE, with maybe a little sandbox-style gameplay
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

HENRCAST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HENRCAST » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:12 pm

I think I'd like to play a mix of fighting game and normal life (like in Persona). If executed properly, it could be a great game. Betwenn one Angel and the other, there would be a limited play time, in which I'd be able to take classes, develop your relationship with other characters and work at Nerv (like taking sync test to level-up). Then, when the Angel came, I'd have a VERY long fight, possibly divided into several parts.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:41 pm

I always wanted to see a Evangelion video game much like the Pipe Work Godzilla games but much like the first two games then the 3rd one which suck. My idea for a video game would be a Gainax fighting game with characters from their other shows to fight each other in a Super Smash Bros type of a game against Toei anime characters. I got the idea from DreamMix TV World Fighters.

Title: Gainax X Toei: Battle with Infinite Wars
Publisher(s): Gainax
Developer(s): Dimps
Platform(s): PS3, Xbox360, PSP
Release date(s): Q4 2010
Genre(s): Action

Gainax Playable characters:

Gratan / Katherine (Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water)
New Nautilus (Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water)
Nautilus (Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water)
Red Noah (Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water)
Haruko (FLCL)
Atomsk (FLCL)
Nono (Gunbuster/Diebuster)
Exelio Space Monster (Gunbuster/Diebuster)
Gunbuster Mecha (Gunbuster/Diebuster)
Takizawa Noboru (Blazing Transfer Student)
Eva Unit 00 (Evangelion)
Eva Unit 01 (Evangelion)
Eva Unit 02 (Evangelion)
Eva Unit 03 (Evangelion)
Sachiel (Evangelion)
Ramiel (Evangelion)
Jet Alone (Evangelion)
Gurren Lagann (TTGL)
Dai-Gunkai (TTGL)
King Kittan (TTGL)
Grand Zamboa (TTGL)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (TTGL) (A Super Screet character also)
Bocca (Melody of Oblivion)
Kurofune (Melody of Oblivion)
Hour (Melody of Oblivion)
Monster King Solomon III (Melody of Oblivion)

Toei Characters:

Kitaro (GeGeGe no Kitaro)
Neko Musume (GeGeGe no Kitaro)
Sunakake Babaa (GeGeGe no Kitaro)
Nurikabe (GeGeGe no Kitaro)
Mazinger Z (Mazinger)
Aphrodite A (Mazinger)
Diana A (Mazinger)
Baron Ashura (Mazinger)
Viscount Pigman (Mazinger)
General Gandal (Mazinger)
Arale (Dr. Slump)
Lum Invader (Urusei Yatsura)
Ataru (Urusei Yatsura)
Tobimaro Mizunokōji (Urusei Yatsura)
Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
Phoenix Ikki (Saint Seiya)
Gemini Saga (Saint Seiya)
Hades (Saint Seiya)
Son Goku (Dragon Ball)
Vegeta (Dragon Ball)
Piccolo (Dragon Ball)
Freeza (Dragon Ball)
Kid Buu (Dragon Ball)
Luffy (One Piece)
Zoro (One Piece)
Sanji (One Piece)
Don Krieg (One Piece)
Eneru (One Piece)
Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)
Kazuma "Kazu" Mikura (Air Gear)
Issa Mihotoke "Fats Buccha (Air Gear)

It will be one crazy game and it will never happen but I can dream. I would love to see Unit 01 and Mazinger Z fight each other death to death.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:03 pm

HENRCAST wrote:I think I'd like to play a mix of fighting game and normal life (like in Persona). If executed properly, it could be a great game. Betwenn one Angel and the other, there would be a limited play time, in which I'd be able to take classes, develop your relationship with other characters and work at Nerv (like taking sync test to level-up). Then, when the Angel came, I'd have a VERY long fight, possibly divided into several parts.

I had an idea for a game sort of like that once. My idea however was that when you are outside of the Evangelion it'd be sort of a mix between an RPG and a game like Indigo Prophecy or Heavy Rain, where it has a slight point-and-click adventure feel to it. The game would change depending on your interaction with other characters, and there'd be a heavy emphasis on visual and vocal drama during conversations. When you're in the Evangelion, it would become more of an action game, kind of like a mix between GOD:DAMM and Gears of War. The toughest part of making a game like that would be getting both halves of the gameplay to play well, but hey, this is my IDEAL Evangelion game, not necessarily my most realistic proposition for one. :toothy:

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Evangelion: Total War

Guitar Hero: Evangelion

Grand Theft Auto: Tokyo 3

How about a RPG game where you play as either Asuka, Rei, or Shinji. The goal of the game is to defeat all of the angels and survive third impact with your sanity intact. After defeating an angel, you are able to upgrade your Eva with new weaponry and abilities and are able to explore Tokyo 3 until you are called back into battle. After beating the game as any of the three children, you unlock additional characters like Misato, Gendo, Pen Pen and so on.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

HENRCAST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HENRCAST » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:48 pm

I forgot to metion, but the game would also be released outside Japan.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:06 pm

I would not mind an Eva game that is first person but if you wish you can change to third. You wear a sort of "Sync Clip" and it picks up on you're emotions,stress,amount of rest.

If these are bad then the sync ratio goes down and the better you feel the better you do.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:I would not mind an Eva game that is first person but if you wish you can change to third. You wear a sort of "Sync Clip" and it picks up on you're emotions,stress,amount of rest.

If these are bad then the sync ratio goes down and the better you feel the better you do.

I wonder how Angry German Kid would fare playing this game.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Holy Diver wrote:
Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:I would not mind an Eva game that is first person but if you wish you can change to third. You wear a sort of "Sync Clip" and it picks up on you're emotions,stress,amount of rest.

I wonder how Angry German Kid would fare playing this game.

I'm guessing not that well, you need a calm clear mind in order for it to move.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:50 pm

What about a game where you play as the Angels for once and maybe you can make your own also. It would be like Monster Rancher but more in depth with the gameplay.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:23 pm

My ideas/choices:

An Eva visual novel, but something more choice-oriented then the Girlfriend of Steel games.

And/or, another Eva2 game of sorts, but one where you can wander around post-3I world and do stuff there. That would be nifty. ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:42 am

A Psychonauts style game where you can jump around in the characters minds and cure them of their various mental illnesses.

Or, something completely unthinkable: a decent Eva action game with manageable gameplay, good graphics, multiplayer support and a worldwide release.

Or, the "Misato Raising Project".

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:56 am

HENRCAST wrote:Isn't Battle Orchestra (for the PS2) like that?

Sort of, although in Battle Orchestra it was basically like Smash Bros. except with Capcom-style screen-filling super moves. My idea would be more along the lines of Atari's Godzilla games and Power Stone, where the players have full 3D movement and the environments are destructible. Battle Orchestra was definitely a step in the right direction, though. I need to buy that game sometime...

Cypher
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cypher » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:46 am

I think a game were you play as the invading JSSDF forces in EoE could be interesting. Running around Nerv hq, killing innocent personnel, using those awesome VTOL's. Then about 3 quarters of the way through the game you switch perspectives over to an MP eva and have to fight Asuka.

Crap idea i know but its better then my first thought (Extreme Evangelion Basketball) lol.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:09 pm

I would like a game that would
follow most of the events from Evangelion
have actual cutscenes instead of what looks like screenshots (Ex. GoS, Eva 64)
released on the ps3 and 360
released outside of Japan so we can get English text and voices(and the option of using Japanese language for the subbies)
Real nice cutscenes.

The works.
+alternate endingS.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:38 am

A sandbox-style game where you could visit all locations from Neo Tokyo-3 and NERV. With the sim-date elements from Evangelion 2 but full 3D battles. And you should be able to choose every character from the series, each with separate storylines.

In short: Evangelion 2: Another Cases was almost perfect, all I need is an upgraded version of it.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:57 pm

Lleonard Pler: That's pretty much what I would want too. Especially an option (extended gameplay, of sorts?) with being able to run around in the post-3I world. Hell, it could use a similar environment to destroyed! Tokyo-3 but with the LCL Sea instead of that lake and looking even more worse off (don't forget Lilith's head and the harpies in the background)... I just think that'd be awesome to do that.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”