[MANGA] [ISIK] Ikari Shinji Ikusei Keikaku Archive

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:09 pm

I just wish there was a bigger market for Eva in the U.S. that way it would be more likely to get some support for all the various projects surrounding it.
They may forget you if you succeed but who wants to be remembered as a failure

-Me

Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:48 pm

There haven't been any updates on this manga!! That's rediculous.

-Me

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:09 pm

That's because I suck, and didn't have time, and it doesn't matter now because it's be licensed by Dark Horse.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Aw. That stinks. You were doing a good job. I didn't really think it was bad that any more translations hadn't been posted, just the face that nothing at all had been posted. Sorry if it sounded like I was attacking you.

-Me

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:12 pm

Why does it stink that it was licensed by Dark Horse? This is a good thing! Better quality copies, professional translations, faster release schedule (you know it'll be true).
This is a cause for celebration!
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:21 am

Maybe. but they don't sttart releasing it until half-way through next year.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:10 am

Yeah, and by then AT-T might've gotten up to chapter 10 done.
AT-T averaged 3 chapters a year, most manga companies average 2 - 3 volumes a year.

Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:09 pm

It stinks because it was cool getting the new translations straight from the person doing them.

-Me

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:25 pm

But it's good, because the new translations will come out faster, and be done by people who have a better understanding of the Japanese language and culture, thereby being more accurate.

Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:47 pm

Agreed but I guess the personal aspect of actually getting a play by play is what was appealing to me. Either way I want to see the series finished.

-Me

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:22 pm

I'm about to start this manag and i just wanted to know if stage 00 should be read first or at anytime. Can anyone help me with this?

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:31 pm

Axell wrote:I'm about to start this manag and i just wanted to know if stage 00 should be read first or at anytime. Can anyone help me with this?

When stage 00 should be read will be obvious, as it will be placed appropriately in the copy of Volume 1 of the manga that you will be buying (I'm assuming you'll be buying asap considering you said "starting soon") when it is released by Dark Horse this coming Spring.

chimptastic
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chimptastic » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:43 am

Hey cat, finally discovered who was providing all those scanlations (at least editing them) (never really paid attention before). Great work! It's awesome that it got picked up, but still kinda sad because now I know exactly how long I'm gonna have to wait, whereas before you could always think that the next release was just a day away. Just be prepared to pick up the work again if it's now a financial success!
Everything's better with chimps...

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:13 pm

I'll give you a hint as to how much longer you would have had to wait, it took me about 6 months to get to page 9 of a 15 - 30 page chapter. Trust me, the Dark Horse release will be coming out much faster by comparison. The project was unpopular at AT-Translations, as a lot of them hated Eva, only the person in charge liked it, and even they hadn't translated too far ahead. For the next chapter, you'd have to wait another maybe 3 to 6 months.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:19 pm

cant i just read the fan translated now and buy the dark horse ones later cat? ^^

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:25 pm

Axell wrote:cant i just read the fan translated now and buy the dark horse ones later cat? ^^

That's up to you, but I'll have you know, I'm buying this the day it comes out.

Considering how little we managed to finish, you might as well just wait for the official release.

chimptastic
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chimptastic » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:46 am

That's a good point... Dark Horse'll definitely be faster. As for buying it, I think we'll ALL be buying it, right? I mean, if we don't, it'll flop and they won't keep publishing. Scanlations are just there to give us access to what we CAN'T buy, so after someone picks it up, scanlations lose their legitimate purpose and just become a means of theft. But it's still sad to lose the sense of internet-intimacy that you get from receiving the work from someone who does it out of a love of the art with no financial interests, but so ist Das Leben...
Everything's better with chimps...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:08 am

ist Das Leben...

That's in German and German reminds me of Asuka who's reduced to fap-fuel in this manga while Rei in Appearance Only gets all the attention! :crybaby:

But anyway, I'll probably read the first volume even if I don't buy it. (Actually, my stepbrother owns a comicbook store so he might end up giving me the manga for free for all I know.)

It is nice that Dark Horse is picking this title up though; they seem to release manga fast and I think their translations are spot on from what I remember. I just hope that the honorifics will state and the translation isn't Americanized like the GoS2/Angelic Days manga was (Example: Near the end of volume 4: "I'm crazy about you" instead of "I really like/love you" for the phrase dai suki).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:01 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:(Actually, my stepbrother owns a comicbook store so he might end up giving me the manga for free for all I know.)

Lucky....

Sailor Star Dust wrote:That's in German and German reminds me of Asuka who's reduced to fap-fuel in this manga while Rei in Appearance Only gets all the attention! :crybaby:

:asuka_geh: I so don't want to buy this anymore =(
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Just buy the first volume and give it a chance.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”