Fig thread #0 [old stuff merged]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:51 am

"Remember, ladies... It's a dangerous world out there. You need to protect yourselves. Ramiel-XX, would you like to show everyone your anti-rape technique?"
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

the3rdchildren
Adam

12" Medicom Real Action Heroes Rei and Asuka.

Postby the3rdchildren » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:56 pm

I recently forced myself to buy these and have been nothing but impressed with them. The craftsmanship that has gone into the plug suits is quite awesome and the resemblance to the characters is uncanny. I can post pics of the two if anyone is interested.

But what I'm really wondering is did anyone else take the plunge and grab themselves some 12" Eva action? What are your thoughts on such pieces and would you like to see more characters given the RAH treatment?

I apologize if there's already a thread about these toys somewhere.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:24 pm

Please post some pics, I've never heard of these and want to see for myself.

the3rdchildren
Adam

Postby the3rdchildren » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:42 pm

I'm fairly useless with photography, but here we go:

[URL=http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0717gk7.jpg]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0718sc4.jpg]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0721em7.jpg]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0722dr4.jpg]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0723ct9.jpg]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0725ja6.jpg]Image[/URL]

If you want more pics, I'd be happy to take some when I have a moment.

These are fairly new out, being imported to the US by Sideshow Toys. eBay sellers are also regularly listing them and I'd expect most comic stores/websites will have them for sale by now as well.

School uniform versions with different head sculpts are also available from Japan, as is a bandaged Rei. Both show points of articulation though, which are very unnatural looking. I think the reason these figures work so well is the hidden articulated body underneath.

If you want some further information on Asuka, I posted a [URL=http://www.hayesmates.co.uk/fullblogs.php?subaction=showfull&id=1154295213&ucat=66&archive=]full review[/URL] on a blog I keep. I'm by means a professional, though and linking there isn't intended as a plug - the images there are just nicer.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Wow, those are really nice. But as with just about anything at Sideshow, it's a bit too rich for my blood I'm afraid. :(

Plus, I still need to find somewhere good in my house to keep the collectables I already have. :?

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Faußtin » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:44 am

:cry:
What sin have I commited that I can't put my hands on that Ayanami figure?!
:cry: :evil:
Both are cute, by the way. Almost too cute... :P :wink:
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:01 pm

In a testimony to the posability of these figures, I have seen photos of Asuka in fairly severe bondage poses ... and obsessive attention to details on the knotwork of the twine used.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Faußtin » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:23 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:In a testimony to the posability of these figures, I have seen photos of Asuka in fairly severe bondage poses ... and obsessive attention to details on the knotwork of the twine used.

No... I didn't read well... Good ol' Mr. Tines wouldn't say something like this... I must be too tired... Must go to sleep... Geez... What a nightmare... When I'm awake! Sheesh...
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Rahaquiel-2D1S
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Rahaquiel-2D1S » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:26 pm

If these are poseable, I'd get it. So are they?
Haunted dolls? If Rozen Maiden ever taught us anything it would be to look under it's dress.

<No animated GIF in sig, please. -Admin>

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Rahaquiel-2D1S wrote:If these are poseable, I'd get it. So are they?

Yes. Read the review in the3rdChildren's post.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:33 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:In a testimony to the posability of these figures, I have seen photos of Asuka in fairly severe bondage poses ... and obsessive attention to details on the knotwork of the twine used.

Now the real question here is did you take those peculiar photos youself :P

That's pretty nice quality and if it wasn't for already blowing too much money on a pre-order of the 10th anv. set I would actually be temtped into buying the Asuka one.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

the3rdchildren
Adam

Postby the3rdchildren » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:36 pm

Any chance of those pics? I just want to know how poseable it is, since I daren't try anything too extreme incase the suit were to tear or anything. If they're too explicit, please spare me the injustice.

I wish they'd make a Misato in this scale, it'd be a great compliment to Rei and Asuka.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:46 pm

the3rdchildren wrote:Any chance of those pics?

Sorry ... they came around on *that board* a while back; but that sort of thing isn't my scene, so I didn't save images or the link to the site. IIRC, she was posed kneeling with arms bound behind her back. I was more boggled by the obvious hours of work that went into the "rope"-work.

the3rdchildren
Adam

Postby the3rdchildren » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:47 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Sorry ... they came around on *that board* a while back; but that sort of thing isn't my scene, so I didn't save images or the link to the site. IIRC, she was posed kneeling with arms bound behind her back. I was more boggled by the obvious hours of work that went into the "rope"-work.

The Internet is such a dark place.

Darius
Lilith

Postby Darius » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:25 am

This may seem irrelevant..but for those of you who want this and can't get this (like me..*cries*) and if you have this feeling...That is the feeling I made a thread about..

Oh and Asuka looks great like that!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:12 pm

I'm not suprised by there being so many various actions figures of Rei and Asuka out (Misato too?), I personally have the "Finale: Take care of yourself" figures of them from the perfect world with their school uniforms on, but are there any figures out of Shinji or is the fanbase more into Asuka and Rei?

I think these figures look nice, but DAMN $50 bucks is a lot to dish out for that: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/Zzc6fRZNaZl3m4AgEz/browse/item/71103/4/0/0

Something you don't see everyday, Kaworu as a chick! ^_^;
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/atamaii_1908_26818512
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/atamaii_1908_26743893
http://www.atamaii.com/evangelion-560035.html

There's this one figure I recently saw online of Asuka with holding her teddy-bear Monkey thing, (she was incorrectly called Rei on the website. Wish I could remember where I saw that!) but it said something of her having a bandaged form, too. You think that was talking about a figure of Rei? I ask because having a post-3I figure of Asuka would be pretty sweet.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Darius
Lilith

Postby Darius » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:26 pm

Hey..these are out right? Cuz i'm looking at some sites (first I looked at Ebay...and man I was like woot...but im not used to auctions...But, I looked up "Medicom RAH Asuka" and some of these links popped ip:

Legends Action Figures

Side Show Toys (I think this was in the review..)

Wicked Collectibles

Japan Toys

Big Bad Toy Store

Well, there are a lot more...but ya, I guess you get the question...

So ya...they say Pre-Order..and yet, on Ebay, people are already auctioning them off...and to my advantage..i havent seen any bids yet and they're running out of time...not like id be able to pay htough..maybe i can get my mom ot pull off a huuuge favor..xD

Anyways, I'd love to gt my dirty little hands on that Asuka...muahaha (lol)

the3rdchildren
Adam

Postby the3rdchildren » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:42 pm

The figures are out in Japan now hence them being available on eBay and such, and I'm fairly sure Sideshow are now distributing the American versions. I assume the sites that list them as pre-order simply haven't had their stock delivered yet. If you're going to order it, I suggest going through Sideshow Toys, they're the official distrubutor in the English speaking world and their prices are very fair. Plus they have it in stock and are a reputable online site.

Darius
Lilith

Postby Darius » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:30 pm

Sounds good =). Thanks for the tip.

Man.....I can't wait!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:07 am

the3rdchildren wrote:Any chance of those pics?

You asked for it...

The repost mill has delivered:

Click only if you're already desensitised to the internet
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”