[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Archer
Matarael
Matarael

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:55 pm

It appears that the old MP Eva HG kits are getting a rerelease. These were previously very hard to find since they’d presumably been out of production since the original run.

Being an HG Eva kit with a 30 year old design, the kit certainly has its issues and definitely isn’t up to modern standards. IIRC, it completely lacks elbow and neck articulation. But, far as I can gather, it’s the only MP Eva model kit that was ever produced, so it’s nice to get a rerelease for those who want it. Personally I dunno if I’ll pick one up.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:45 pm

They did get occasional reruns if memory serves me; but yeah, prepare to do a lot of painting if you do get them
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:17 pm

Finally built/painted the Eva Mechatro model kit I bought a long time ago:

This kit NEEDS paint, the bare plastic looks REALLY cheap (feels fine though). This was also my first time painting a resin mini, and after experimenting with a few different paints and brushes (had to fully strip the paint and start over twice) I’m really happy with how it came out. For future reference, for small figures like this I really prefer Vallejo Model Color over Tamiya paints for brush painting.

These kits are a tad overpriced at $50, especially when they basically require a full paint job (at least this yellow one did, maybe the other colors look better out of the box) but it was a fun experience nonetheless. I’d probably only recommend this kit to builders who are experienced with paint.
Last edited by Archer on Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:27 am

That's a very nice paintjob, good work!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:30 am

The Wonder Festival will be held this weekend after a 2-year hiatus.

Do you hope for something being announced?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:10 pm

I somewhat expect someone to announce something in the 09A-12 range, but at the same time also wouldn't be surprised if we got functionally nothing.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:11 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I somewhat expect someone to announce something in the 09A-12 range, but at the same time also wouldn't be surprised if we got functionally nothing.

Yeah, compared to the 2.0 lineup, that got made twice, Revoltech and RD seem to have neglected the 3.0 and Shin Evas.
I hope we at least see the last Mark Evas.

oshanruiz
Embryo

[MERCH]W.H.A.M.! Evangelion:3.0 AAA Wunder

•      
  •      

Postby oshanruiz » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:10 pm

Anyone know why such a limited edition of these AAA Wunder figures were released?
Wave is still selling the SDF-1 from Macross (gets a re-release every once in while)
I really should have preordered at the time but missed the boat.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:33 pm

Your best shot at getting one is probably through the Japanese market; mandarake, yahoo, rakuten, surugaya and mercari will be your best friends in things like these; mandarake ships worldwide natively, for the rest you'll need a proxy service; I personally use Neokyo and have had overall very good experiences with them, but Buyee, Zenmarket and the like will also work just as well.

oshanruiz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby oshanruiz » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:54 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Your best shot at getting one is probably through the Japanese market; mandarake, yahoo, rakuten, surugaya and mercari will be your best friends in things like these; mandarake ships worldwide natively, for the rest you'll need a proxy service; I personally use Neokyo and have had overall very good experiences with them, but Buyee, Zenmarket and the like will also work just as well.

Thanks for the reply, I'm a long time lurker.
I have been looking on Yahoo! auctions but the only rare listings I have seen go in the $1000's USD :rolleyes:
Mandarake is an option I didn't think about, Just set up an alert.
Thanks!

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:45 pm

Oh yeah, you're gonna pay dearly for that figure unfortunately. Retail price was somewhere around 230 US if memory serves me, so even if you somehow manage to find one that isn't super inflated, it will cost you quite a bit. But you will also get a sizeable thing in return

EDIT: In other news; Revoltech EURO II was not on my bingo card, but I'll take it

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:49 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:EDIT: In other news; Revoltech EURO II was not on my bingo card, but I'll take it

Yeah... Not a fan of Anima... But its Evas do look dope... Maybe I'll get it secondhand from Mandarake later

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:29 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:
View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter#889266 wrote:While Koto doesn't seem to be doing easy recolors and head swaps to release more Eva kits, they have started a collaboration between Megami Device and Eva to make an Eva waifu model kit

https://twitter.com/kurosiro0801/status/1155279251894988800

https://i.imgur.com/sOkqHdc.jpg

The design by Nidy-2D- : https://i.imgur.com/tL2ZCJa.jpg
Sculpt by Masaki Apsy: https://i.imgur.com/4YMho9v.jpg

Finally the prototype: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKRUxfUbzq4

So this is a waifu interpretation of a very famous custom build and resin kit from 2002 by Tokaimura Genpachi : http://modelkingdom.net/020717a.htm

Event discussion: https://youtu.be/0iB5kjola3s?t=5436

Having skipped Wonderfest 2022 Winter Kotobukiya held their own online event to do announcements.

So here's another update on that Megami Device Eva-01

SPOILER: Show

Also prototype of the Shin 02 to go with the already released 08

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Asugran233
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:36 pm

So here's another update on that Megami Device Eva-01

SPOILER: Show

Yui: Hey son! Get into me.

Shinji: Mother! I won't do it !!

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:28 pm

Bruh, I was literally gonna post that I wanted to see a repaired Unit 2 model kit but that it would never happen due to its complexity and the sheer number of unique parts. But here it is… can’t wait for the release, lol.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:35 am

View Original PostArcher wrote:Bruh, I was literally gonna post that I wanted to see a repaired Unit 2 model kit but that it would never happen due to its complexity and the sheer number of unique parts. But here it is… can’t wait for the release, lol.

I thought's so at first, but lately I've noticed many companies are probably working from the same files used for animation, or even, that animation companies design their mechas and stuff in a format that can be easily transformed into merchandise.

oshanruiz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby oshanruiz » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:36 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Oh yeah, you're gonna pay dearly for that figure unfortunately. Retail price was somewhere around 230 US if memory serves me, so even if you somehow manage to find one that isn't super inflated, it will cost you quite a bit. But you will also get a sizeable thing in return

EDIT: In other news; Revoltech EURO II was not on my bingo card, but I'll take it

I'm trying my best, hoping I can get it for around $400 tops but I might be dreaming.
If anyone sees it for sale let me know and i might give you a finders fee ^_^
I'll see reply's to this topic, got it on my watch list.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:56 pm

400 is waaaaaaayyyyy too much for that. I'm expecting 130ish MSRP, in line with the other Revos with some more equipment on them.
New02a is 13500 Y, so 120 roundabout, no way in hell will this be 400; if you've been paying this much for Revos before, you should definitely look for a new place to buy

oshanruiz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby oshanruiz » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:42 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:400 is waaaaaaayyyyy too much for that. I'm expecting 130ish MSRP, in line with the other Revos with some more equipment on them.
New02a is 13500 Y, so 120 roundabout, no way in hell will this be 400; if you've been paying this much for Revos before, you should definitely look for a new place to buy

Oh, sorry I wasn't clear.
I was refering to the W.H.A.M.! Evangelion:3.0 AAA Wunder:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/20207

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:49 am

The WHAM Wunder pops up at Mandarake once in a while.
Last one that showed up sold for $300

Bought mine for $180 way back in 2016.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”