Does anyone know any information about this version of the EVA theatrical DVD?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
mnb666
Embryo

Does anyone know any information about this version of the EVA theatrical DVD?

•      
  •      

Postby mnb666 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:19 am

There is very little information about this version on the internet, but according to the KIBA number it seems that this version did exist, and the appearance of this version is obviously different from the KIBA-105~6 / GDVD-008~9 version

KIBA-105~6 / GDVD-008~9 version (This version is more common)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Does anyone know any information about this version of the EVA theatrical DVD?

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:34 am

Don't know anything, but owning Rebirth would be awesome. I know it's on the big Japanese bluray set.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

mnb666
Embryo

Re: Does anyone know any information about this version of the EVA theatrical DVD?

•      
  •      

Postby mnb666 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:16 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Don't know anything, but owning Rebirth would be awesome. I know it's on the big Japanese bluray set.

I own the LD and VHS version of "Rebirth", but I am now curious about the above version. (the Blu-ray box does not contain "Rebirth", the DVD box does)

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:43 am

KIBA-10105 is merely the rental counterpart to the "Death[True]² & Rebirth" disc found in the retail "Theatrical Edition" 2-DVD set from 1999 (i.e. KIBA-105/6). The on-disc contents are identical as well, so other than the standard DVD-sized packaging and relatively rare cover art from Masayuki there's nothing terribly interesting about the rental release in its own right. Also note that EoE had a corresponding rental DVD as well (KIBA-10106).

On a side note, Rebirth is indeed found on Disc 6 of the Japanese Blu-ray sets (i.e. KIXA-90501 and KIXA-870). Unfortunately it's not available on any of the international Blu-ray box set releases, though.

mnb666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby mnb666 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:34 am

View Original Postsvenge wrote:KIBA-10105 is merely the rental counterpart to the "Death[True]² & Rebirth" disc found in the retail "Theatrical Edition" 2-DVD set from 1999 (i.e. KIBA-105/6). The on-disc contents are identical as well, so other than the standard DVD-sized packaging and relatively rare cover art from Masayuki there's nothing terribly interesting about the rental release in its own right. Also note that EoE had a corresponding rental DVD as well (KIBA-10106).

On a side note, Rebirth is indeed found on Disc 6 of the Japanese Blu-ray sets (i.e. KIXA-90501 and KIXA-870). Unfortunately it's not available on any of the international Blu-ray box set releases, though.

I understand, thank you for the answer.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”