why doesn't kaworu appear in episode 26 of neon genesis evangelion

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
renacuajo3095
Embryo

why doesn't kaworu appear in episode 26 of neon genesis evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby renacuajo3095 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:59 pm

i never understood why he is absent at the end of episode 26 of eva tv, and if eva tv is supposed to take place during the end of evangelion then why kaworu doesn't appear at the end or during episode 26 of eva tv?

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Re: why doesn't kaworu appear in episode 26 of neon genesis evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:54 am

1. Because he's not "human."
2. Because his absence by Shinji's own hand is fundamentally why Shinji is spiralling in the first place.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:54 am

Same reason the Jet Alone guy isn't there, he appeared only in one episode.

at the point EoTV was made no one knew he'd be such a fan favorite/ breakout character that ppl would desire closure for.

Hence his bigger role in EoE, the Manga, the Rebuilds, and all the spinoffs.

Even the idea that he has Adam's soul was probably not fixed at this point - (for example his character design was originally meant to be a mix of Asuka, Rei and Shinji since they were mindprobed by angels, and his line to Rei about "taking the forms of Lillim" was only added in the DC episodes)
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:36 am

^^^^
That's a really interesting take. In NGE, Kaworu really seems more of an "angel-type character" (appears in one episode, starts a conflict, and is eventually defeated). As I said before, I see his character as a twist on the monster of the week formula. Like all angels, he takes on a unique form. But because he not only looks and acts like a human, but also bonds with Shinji, it raises a lot of moral and philosophical questions regard killing him. It also feels very personal for Shinji as a result.
Anyway, as for his appearance, I do remember reading that he was actually modeled after Shinji, Asuka, and Rei.I also know that Anno made him a boy because Kaworu was supposed to be an "ideal" version of Shinji (someone Shinji could look up to and throw himself in)...
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

DTGee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DTGee » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:08 pm

Because nobody knew Kaworu was going to be popular.

Also, Episodes 25 & 26 don't necessarily take place during The End of Evangelion. That's just a common fan theory.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”