Star Wars

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:52 pm

I would not be so sure, I am not sure what Lucas' estate plan is, but I would assume it will be very picky on how the Star Wars IP empire is to continue
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

TDSA Takes on the Star Wars Holiday Special!

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Yep, you heard right folks, TDSA is going to take on the notorious special that even George Lucas didn't like. Said to be the worst special in history, what will I think of it? Tune in true believers this holiday season to find the hell out!Image

Edit: And Ornette merged the topic. For future generations that don't get this I'm talking about the Star Wars Holiday Special.
Last edited by Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Oh shit what the fuck have I done.
Last edited by Tankred on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Pfff, try taking on the Ninja Turtles Christmas Special. It'll make your brain implode.

And if you feel suicidal afterwards and just want to end it all, try watching Ninja Turtles Coming Out Of Their Shells tour and the making of Ninja Turtles Coming Out Of Their Shells tour.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:12 am

I'm sure this couldn't possibly go wrong.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:26 am

For those who haven't seen it yet, start here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... 0.7.2l10l0

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:42 am

Not even tdsa could like this....probably...
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:38 am

Until I see this thread, I did not even know such an official spinoff of Star Wars exists!!

According to wiki, "The Star Wars Holiday Special has never been re-telecast or officially released on home video." "...sometime in the early-to-mid-1990s when individuals came forward and offered original videotape recordings of the TV airing. These have since been duplicated and reduplicated so that most copies of the special available today are based on second to sixth generation VHS dubs."
So TDSA is going to watch bootleg multi-duplicated VHS dub videos?
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:40 am

They actually made a star wars christmas special? Lol this is the first time I ever heard about it.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:38 am

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:They actually made a star wars christmas special? Lol this is the first time I ever heard about it.

Wow, for real? You can watch the whole movie in this one goggle video upload.

View Original Postsymbv wrote:So TDSA is going to watch bootleg multi-duplicated VHS dub videos?

It's the only way, man. If George Lucas doesn't want people to see something, he'll die making sure it doesn't get an official release.

Also, George Lucas was the guy who said Howard the Duck and Jar Jar Binks were awesome. So he says this movie is bad then IT MUST BE BAD!!!

Also waiting for the day TDSA takes on the Turkish Plagiarized Star Wars Film, if he hasn't done so already.

My take on both movies.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:35 pm

I liked Jar Jar.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:18 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I liked Jar Jar.

That's fucking sickening.

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:57 pm

How would you guys react if I end up enjoying or disliking this movie?
Also waiting for the day TDSA takes on the Turkish Plagiarized Star Wars Film, if he hasn't done so already.

Doesn't seem interesting, sorry.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:58 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:That's fucking sickening.

I also like Scrappy and Amy Rose.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Wait, the Star Wars Christmas Special still isn't on dvd? I could have sworn it was released on dvd last year! I remember seeing commercials for it and everything! Must have just been one big nightmare...

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Well I just watched that star wars holiday special and all I can say is that was really really bad. Well that is time and band width I will never ever get back.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:27 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:Well I just watched that star wars holiday special and all I can say is that was really really bad. Well that is time and band width I will never ever get back.

Don't say we didn't warn you. Such a coincidence, I'm playing Empire at War!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:30 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Doesn't seem interesting, sorry.

It's about the same quality as the Holiday Special, and perhaps more entertaining (in my opinion). It's Turkish name translates into English as The Man Who Saved the World, and features everything from golden skeleton-dressed villains, giant muppets being karate-chopped in half, mummies, 80's training montages, the Indiana Jones theme, and of course, special effect scenes from the original Star Wars movie.

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Well, I just watched the holiday special and needless to say this movie was FANTASTIC! I mean WOW! Darn it George Lucas, release this on DVD and Blu-Ray! Although for those curious

SPOILER: Show
I'm joking, this was DOWN RIGHT F**KING AWFUL! They should have renamed this Science Fiction Commercials! Why? Because that is what most of it was! I liked the animated bit with Boba Fett (felt like something out of Heavy Metal), but the rest of the movie was barely watchable! I could tolerate the campiness, I could tolerate the weird over the top scenes, I could tolerate the storm trooper idiocy, I could even tolerate the mundane plot! But combined with horrid pacing, lack of anything interesting, and over doing said over the top stuff to the point where your mind can barely focus? GAH! This may not have been the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's definitely at the bottom of the f**king barrel!

I'm TDSA, I act like a smart guy so you don't have to.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Okay.

Return to “Film and Video”