Release date of Evangelion 2.22 DVD and BluRay in Italy

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Tetsuo87
Adam

Release date of Evangelion 2.22 DVD and BluRay in Italy

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 am

Today the Italian publisher Dynit announced the date of release of Evangelion 2.22 In Blu-Ray and DVD. come out October 27 :w00: :w00:

official announcement and trailer

release will be very similar to the Japanese edition. Limited edition: digipack + booklet + Card Box 3d. will be presented at the 2010 edition of Lucca Comics & Games.

Focus on: here

Specifications of the DVD: here

Specifications of the Blu-Ray: here :drool:

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Re: Release date of Evangelion 2.22 DVD and BluRay in Italy

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 am

It's funny (actually it's typical of Dynit) that in the BD page they say that it's region coded "2", shouldn't it be "B"?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:29 am

I think it is well written in both ways

edit: this is Blu-ray region maps

Last edited by Tetsuo87 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:32 am

I've always seen region codes written in numbers. Never heard of A/B/C even though I play around with region coding pretty much every week. By the way, that map is flawed. Japan isn't in R1, it's R2 there.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:41 am

Those are BD regions

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:46 am

So Japanese BDs work in American BD players? What? That's a mindfuck. :lol: I mean, sure, I can understand why there are less regions for BD releases, but why have they mixed up the system completely?
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:48 am

that in the previous post is the regions map of blu-ray.
but this is the DVD map

DVD

Blu-Ray
Last edited by Tetsuo87 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:49 am

They're the new Blu-Ray regions. Unfortunately for us Europeans, Japan is now in the same region as the US.

Great news! Too bad I don't have a Blu-Ray player or money to buy a decent one, so I'll wait for the cheaper non-limited DVD release ;)

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:54 am

View Original Postath wrote:They're the new Blu-Ray regions. Unfortunately for us Europeans, Japan is now in the same region as the US.

Great news! Too bad I don't have a Blu-Ray player or money to buy a decent one, so I'll wait for the cheaper non-limited DVD release ;)

at Mediaworld I found a blue-ray player to 39 € (on sale)

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:51 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Those are BD regions

And for this reason usually the letters are used to refer to BD regions, it can be confusing to use the numbers (for example asianblurayguide.com uses only the letters, but I'm not sure how they're putted in the discs since the few BDs that I own are region free like most of the BDs)
Oz wrote:So Japanese BDs work in American BD players? What? That's a mindfuck. I mean, sure, I can understand why there are less regions for BD releases, but why have they mixed up the system completely?

Most BDs work eveywhere but it's better to be sure about it if you're European; I think that originally they thought the system in a pretty naive way, Europe and Japan shared the same region yet they had different video systems and the same was true for Australia and South America (in both cases respectivel PAL and NTSC, except Brazil with his hybrid PAL-M) but multi system players and TVs were available even before region free players appeared (at least here in the PAL area), because of that (actually HDTVs don't have a real PAL/NTSC difference, the term is used mostly as legacy) and for the decrease of the need for region coding they simplified it and they simply putted together homogeneous geographic areas (with the exception of Japan, Korea, Indochina and Australia)
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Most BDs work eveywhere but it's better to be sure about it if you're European; I think that originally they thought the system in a pretty naive way, Europe and Japan shared the same region yet they had different video systems and the same was true for Australia and South America (in both cases respectivel PAL and NTSC, except Brazil with his hybrid PAL-M) but multi system players and TVs were available even before region free players appeared (at least here in the PAL area), because of that (actually HDTVs don't have a real PAL/NTSC difference, the term is used mostly as legacy) and for the decrease of the need for region coding they simplified it and they simply putted together homogeneous geographic areas (with the exception of Japan, Korea, Indochina and Australia)

You are quite right to. now the standard of films is generally in 24fps progressive. while the HD broadcast, that generally interlaced, the only differences are that in America you go to 60fps, and 50fps in Europe. there are many more problems for what concerns the SD (DVD). excuse my English, some things translate with google :whiteflag:

@Hyper Shinchan: know a lot of television and video techniques, work too in television / video?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:53 pm

View Original PostTetsuo87 wrote:@Hyper Shinchan: know a lot of television and video techniques, work too in television / video?

No, it has just been my hobby for nearly a decade.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby vito » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Hm, tempting to check out the bluray, anyone knows of a decent italian online store that ships across the border to Slovenia?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Region encoding is stupid. It's a mild deterrent that can easily be bypassed by motivated individuals.

I understand it's to prevent reverse importation, but I honestly think it's like DRM, it does more harm than good.

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby vito » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Yes it is. In the end it forces the informed consumer to buy another player if his original one can't be hacked thus diminishing his funds for legit purchases.

Does anyone know if the italian release will be a BD25 or BD50?

mp3dom
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby mp3dom » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:11 pm

It will be on a BD50. ^_^

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby vito » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:07 pm

Oh thanks. Now to find a store in Trieste or some other border town that'll carry it. I guess I'll check the local comics forum if anyone is attending Lucca comics.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:07 am

View Original Postmp3dom wrote:It will be on a BD50. ^_^

Hi mp3dom, how do you know that it'll be on BD50, did you read it somewhere? Or 1.11 was on BD50 and so that should give us reasonable hopes that it'll be on BD50 as well (I've ordered both of them a pair of days ago from my local store, I didn't have the BD of Jo yet)?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

mp3dom
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby mp3dom » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi Hyper Shinchan, I know it'll be on BD50 because I've made the video encoding/authoring process for the italian release.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:30 am

View Original Postmp3dom wrote:Hi Hyper Shinchan, I know it'll be on BD50 because I've made the video encoding/authoring process for the italian release.

Thanks for the info! I didn't imagine that Dynit's personal were checking English Eva boards.
Could give us any other detail (e.g.: the menus are completely new or are they similar to the Japanese ones?) or you can't spoil us?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”