Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11 U.S release: March 9th 2010

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Captain_Morgan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:16 am

Yes, he's saving his bastard points for 2.22.

Taekmkm
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Taekmkm » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 am

Mmm....that's debatable. They cut out a lot of "awkward" moments from the series so there's less feeling of isolation to trade off on introducing and developing Asuka+Co.

Honestly, he's not that much of a bastard in the series until the Touji incident.
We watched 'The Lion King' in my math class once. After it was over, the teacher passed out worksheets that said: "If the circle of life had a diamter of 46 inches..."

kamundo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kamundo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:16 pm

I just got my 1.11 blu-ray today, but I noticed that in the scene selection, there are weird names for the scenes. The main title is called "main title" and the credits are called "beautiful world" but everything else is something like "emo2#_/%"

Are they supposed to be like that, or is my disc messed up?

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Captain_Morgan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:36 pm

I didn't go into scene selection, but I'll check this out next time I watch the movie.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:22 pm

EVANGELION 1.11 BLU-RAY IS THE BEST BLU-RAY ANIME EVER PRESENTED.
Just got mine today, played it immediately, and let me tell you something: if you're seeing the fight between EVA 001 and Sachiel, PLAY IT LOUD. IT WILL BRING DOWN YOUR HOUSE... AND YOUR MIND. You will thank yourself for buying a Blu-ray Player.

... it just came to me. Since we have the Rebuild series, will Japan ever make a Blu-ray release of the TV show, Death, and EoE (but more importantly, EoE)?
Last edited by tomrule123 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:47 pm

kamundo wrote:I just got my 1.11 blu-ray today, but I noticed that in the scene selection, there are weird names for the scenes. The main title is called "main title" and the credits are called "beautiful world" but everything else is something like "emo2#_/%"

Are they supposed to be like that, or is my disc messed up?

I did research on what the Japanese version of Evangelion 1.11 was like and I believe that the scene selection names on the Funimation release are the same as the Japanese Release. Even my copy has the weird "Scene Selection" names. Why? I'll never know.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:59 pm

tomrule123 wrote:... it just came to me. Since we have the Rebuild series, will Japan ever make a Blu-ray release of the TV show, Death, and EoE (but more importantly, EoE)?
Discussed here.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Woohoo, received my BD copy in the mail today. Both video & audio are absolutely phenomenal. :)

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:51 pm

I still have not got my dvd copy yet since I have been so busy lately. I hope to get it soon by this week though? How good is it on Blu Ray since I hear some Funi titles on Blu Ray are not that great.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Heromaster111 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:00 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:I still have not got my dvd copy yet since I have been so busy lately. I hope to get it soon by this week though? How good is it on Blu Ray since I hear some Funi titles on Blu Ray are not that great.

That's because I think most of Funi's BD are simply upscaled content. This is actually an HD master so it is the same as the BD as Japan got.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:03 pm

I never EVER EVER thought I'd say this, but with only a few exceptions *cough*Ritsuko*cough*Maya*short*, I think the original dub was... better. :/ There's an awkward pacing to a lot of the dialogue in this version, probably attributable to the reworked lengths of shots. The first few scenes remind me of Speed Racer.

Other than that, it's great. Much better than a camcorded Korean release. <_<

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:33 pm

View Original PostHexon.Arq wrote: There's an awkward pacing to a lot of the dialogue in this version, probably attributable to the reworked lengths of shots. The first few scenes remind me of Speed Racer.

Oh, please, Speed Racer had much faster dialogue speed than Evangelion 1.11. Don't worry, though, you will get used to the pacing of the Rebuild series, eventually.

Dr. Webster
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Webster » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:24 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:How good is it on Blu Ray since I hear some Funi titles on Blu Ray are not that great.

It's ridiculously good. The picture quality on the 1.11 DVD is excellent, but it's just plain awesome on Blu-ray.

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:51 pm

View Original PostHexon.Arq wrote:I never EVER EVER thought I'd say this, but with only a few exceptions *cough*Ritsuko*cough*Maya*short*

The new dub Ritsuko is the one who played Naoko on the series dub I think.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:18 pm

View Original PostJoeD80 wrote:The new dub Ritsuko is the one who played Naoko on the series dub I think.

...and was in many other Funimation Dubs, too. The only other role that I recognize the actress's voice from is Samurai 7, who played Kirara. Her name is Colleen Clinkenbeard. That woman is everywhere in Funimation. I was a little surprised when she appeared in Evangelion 1.0. Somehow, Ritsuko seemed fitting for Colleen Clinkenbeard's performance.

Taekmkm
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Taekmkm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:17 am

Well, Colleen's major roles were either boys I.E. Shin from Shin-Chan and Luffy from One Piece or teenage girls I.E. Rachel from Detective Conan.

I've only heard her use this voice in xxxHolic, which is basically a hippie Ritsuko.
We watched 'The Lion King' in my math class once. After it was over, the teacher passed out worksheets that said: "If the circle of life had a diamter of 46 inches..."

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Heromaster111 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Laura Bailey does the voice of Shin in Shin-chan.

Taekmkm
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Taekmkm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Doh right, I keep mixing those up. (I even had ANN up, what the heck?)

kamundo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kamundo » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:24 pm

View Original Posttomrule123 wrote:I did research on what the Japanese version of Evangelion 1.11 was like and I believe that the scene selection names on the Funimation release are the same as the Japanese Release. Even my copy has the weird "Scene Selection" names. Why? I'll never know.

Oh well. As long as that's how it's supposed to be and not a problem with my disc, I'm fine with it. Thanks for letting me know.

And on the topic of the dub, can anyone else not tell the difference between Gendo and Fuyutsuki when they talk?

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:04 pm

I can tell the difference. The two voices do not sound alike.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”