Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 SPOILERS Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:45 pm

As this happened, Shinji finally reaches Rei and Rei notices him he reaches out for her and she for him and Shinji grabs her hand.
Almost sounds like the scene in EoE when Asuka reached out for Kyoko.

@Ornette Shinji and Rei embrace? Though a lot of people embrace it doesn't always mean anything sexual.
Last edited by The Invincible Shinji on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm an A/S shipper and Soryu and Shikinami are one in the same.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:48 pm

So the first 5 minutes or so are in English huh?

Would'a been funny if they'd hired people and cast members from Funimation to voice that part. Alas not the case I figure.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:49 pm

It didn't seem corny at all. That whole thing was done well, with this creepy kindergarden-singing in the background. Like I mentioned earlier, one of the girls I went to see it with told me she cried when that happened.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:52 pm

I guess no names (or discernable names) were thrown out for the new Angels. Oh well, I kinda figured cause it sounds like those 2 Angels go down in the first 10-15 minutes of the movie.

Ingraman
Lilith

Postby Ingraman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:53 pm

New "Beautiful World" version http//geofront.ru/evangelion-20-glavnaya-muzykalnaya-tema/

They have Extra04 scans too...Russia strong!

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:53 pm

It must have been very disturbing to see Unit-01 rip apart Unit-03 to a children's song... :scanners_head:

How gory was that scene compared to the original?
Last edited by Sammaeloo on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Ornette wrote:It didn't seem corny at all. That whole thing was done well, with this creepy kindergarden-singing in the background. Like I mentioned earlier, one of the girls I went to see it with told me she cried when that happened.

The previous description of that same scene reminded me somehow of that "hand-holding" scene at the end of 1.0, which I thought was really sweet... *cough*

I... really hope 2.0 will still be showing in Japan at the beginning of August. I really want to see it soon, on the Big Screen...

(Thank you all for the spoilers, at least I'll have time to adjust to all the changes... ;))

::EDIT::
Sammaeloo wrote:It must have been very disturbing to see Unit-01 rip apart Unit-03 to a children's song...

Sounds like the type of Visual/Aural contrast I enjoy immensely... then again, I find Japanese children songs pretty creepy...
Last edited by LiLi on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:56 pm

If beautiful world will stay as a main theme for all 4 movies i bet it will have a special meaning for the end, maybe a bit like komm süßer tod, or Fly me to the moon ,with a deeper meaning.

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Ramiel wrote:If beautiful world will stay as a main theme for all 4 movies i bet it will have a special meaning for the end, maybe a bit like komm süßer tod, or Fly me to the moon ,with a deeper meaning.
There does seem to be a deeper meaning to the song, well that's 2 of 4 films with the song in it and it is "beautiful."
I'm an A/S shipper and Soryu and Shikinami are one in the same.

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:06 pm

I thought more of something like Shinji will lay again next du Asuka in the end, the lyrics would fit perfectly ,don`t you think so ^^

Oh btw, maybe it`s time to make a webuild of Evangelion 3.0 Thread ,for that speculation ;P
Last edited by Ramiel² on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Ramiel² wrote:I thought more of something like Shinji will lay again next du Asuka in the end, the lyrics would fit perfectly ,don`t you think so ^^

Could be Kaworu instead of Asuka... since the lyrics in the original Japanese use "boku" for the first person pronoun (usually used by polite young males, including Kaworu himself). Imagine the reactions in the theater! :rei_hissyfit:
Last edited by LiLi on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Ramiel2: I agree, it probably would have special meaning if it's used throughout.

The whole thing with Shinji and Rei at the end does sound like Kyoko and Asuka in EoE, though.

Also, here's my thoughts with 3.0 based on what we know (I wonder if it's a full length film?): In Eva-01, Shinji and Rei find out that Rei is from Yui, and maybe Rei even realizes she's Lilith (if she hasn't already, which supposedly she did). Eventually Yui-sama spits out Shinji and (what I guess would be, given the fact Eva-00 is destroyed) Rei 3/Lilith.

Meanwhile, Kaworu tries to tempt Shinji with bringing about Third Impact/Instrumentality.... (And also, more is found out about Mari and stuff.)

Let the fun begin! :devil:

And 27 pages in a whole day? Damn people were excited about this movie!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Zaque
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Zaque » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:15 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:And 27 pages in a whole day? Damn people were excited about this movie!

No kidding... Sigh, just waiting until a subbed version comes out.

Thanks Ornette, that was an excellent summary. :)
Everything is subject to change.

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:15 pm

LiLi wrote:
Ramiel² wrote:I thought more of something like Shinji will lay again next du Asuka in the end, the lyrics would fit perfectly ,don`t you think so ^^

Could be Kaworu instead of Asuka... since the lyrics in the original Japanese use "boku" for the first person pronoun (usually used by polite young males, including Kaworu himself). Imagine the reactions in the theater! :rei_hissyfit:

How about it´s from Shinji´s PoV ;)

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Ramiel² wrote:How about it´s from Shinji´s PoV ;)

And who would the Beautiful Boy he's singing to be? Maybe Kaji? :leekspin: :kawaii:

Seriously though - at some point the lyrics of the song seem to switch to a more formal Japanese that reminds me of Kaworu's speech patterns... *cue twilight zone music*
Last edited by LiLi on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Darn..it would fit but PLEASE

Oh anno please, if you give at least a shit about your fans, don`t make a K/S scene like A/S scene in EoE at the end for rebuild.

That would be too much..

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:22 pm

If Rebuild 4.0 ends with K/S then I'll probably go on a hunger strike for a month.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:22 pm

Ramiel² wrote:Oh anno please, if you give at least a shit about your fans, don`t make a K/S scene like A/S scene in EoE at the end for rebuild.

That would be too much..

It'd be like ADAM & STEVE this time around, you know?

(I'd be the one laughing like a loon while shocked silence descends on the theater )

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Crap another question I just thought of! >_< (Sorry, Ornette. ^^; )

I think earlier in the thread somebody thought Zeruel was called the 14TH Angel. Was this just incorrect or did Kara fuck up something? I'm even more confused about Angel order now, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Question from me to those who have seen the movie, if/when you guys have time: I read in some spoilers thread on another Forum that according to rumors Eva 06 had long blue hair and some white skin a bit of a girl's face visible through a crack(?) in her "helmet".

Is that confirmed? (I find the thought of Kaworu piloting a Giant Rei disturbing yet oddly hilarious...)

Thanks! :rei_dance:
Last edited by LiLi on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”