Take shelter from 2.0!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

Take shelter from 2.0! [NO SPOILERS]

•      
  •      

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:32 am

So I've seen posts of other people planning on hiding under a rock when 2.0 hits Japan to avoid spoilers and the like and I figured we should make each other known and such~

I for one will be abstaining from viewing 2.0 until I have a DVD quality format and (probably) subtitles.

WHY: I refuse to despoil the quality of the experience! I waited for 1.0 and it was absolutely worth it.

How will I resist the temptation? An iron will gained through years of Canadian training.

Declare yourselves!
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:28 am

Shifted to the Rebuild subforum.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Take shelter from 2.0!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:38 am

Orphan Of Darkness wrote:I refuse to despoil the quality of the experience!

I'm struggling with this myself. As it turned out, there really wasn't anything to spoil in Rebuild 1.0, but Rebuild 2.0 really has a lot of differences from the original series. So I'm still trying to decide whether or not to live avoid the details.

We should probably segment the forum somehow so people don't spoil it for anyone.

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:48 am

While it's interesting to read spoilers the best experience would probably come from waiting, and waiting, and waiting for a subbed version or the dvd to come out. But it's going to be difficult to resist coming here. I am not strong...

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:49 am

That sounds like a good idea. Last time, the only things that could "ruin" the movie for us were the 3 camshots of Sachiel, Ramiel, and the preview of the next movie, and even then, they didn't really spoil anything. This time, I'm guessing even the slightest mention of Rebuild 2.0 would illicit remarks something along the lines of "Oh, I was so surprised when...", or "Wasn't the part when ... so amazing?". I'm also guessing there'll be tons of summaries and reviews...

I wonder if they'll do something like the Korean film festival again, and show it in multi-lingual subtitles... If they did, I think I'd have to go see it then lol.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:42 am

I will be in Wexford for two weeks from tomorrow.

There will be no internet access. There will be lots of drink. There will be lots of rain. Guess what I'm going to spend the next two weeks of my life doing?
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

UrsusArctos

Re: Take shelter from 2.0!

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:44 am

Last time, people didn't know there was next to nothing to spoil. This time, there's likely tons to spoil. Not knowing anything is as bad as knowing when one doesn't want to know. But if one knows that one doesn't want to know, it means that one knows. Okay, if you can't get your heads around that- either you're spoiled, or you're not.

The Eva Monkey wrote:We should probably segment the forum somehow so people don't spoil it for anyone.

Anybody who can post in the forum can spoil the movie for anyone else. I think it's better to relax and hypnotize ourselves to forget about any spoilers than worry about the inevitable.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Baz
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Baz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:09 am

There is no way that I will torture myself for a few months by avoiding spoilers, just so that I can get a completely fresh view of 2.0. In any case, it's already too late for that since I've already seen Mari, the new Evas, and parts of the new angels. Not to mention the fact that 60 minutes of the movie will be re-animation, with at most 40 minutes that could be spoiled.

So, yeah, I'll be here tonight, waiting for the first spoilers to roll in. And I know that I'll still enjoy 2.0 when I see it in full.
Software Error. Press left mouse button to continue.
Guru Meditation #00000004.0000AAC0

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:34 am

Gotta agree. The amount of time I've spent waiting and reading stuff on this site about this movie I'm not gonna go into seclusion for 5-9 months and wait for the DVD.

I mean sure there are going to be some drastic changes but the huge Eva fan that I am I can probably predict how the whole story is going to play out.

So yeah, I'll be here anticipating and over analyzing every little morsel of info that leaks out.

Hell, eve without seeing 2.0 when the details on the 3.0 teaser leaks I'll start thinking and fanwanking "What does that 0.6 second shot mean?"

HENRCAST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HENRCAST » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:21 am

If someone films it in the theaters with decent quality, I'll watch it. There's no way I'm going to wait for the DVD.

Ingraman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ingraman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:44 am

I'm too curious....i would watch even a shitty raw...like for 1.0....moreover, i remember it was in 11 parts on Youtube....

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:45 am

It was easy to avoid spoilers for 1.0, because first of all there wasn't much about it that hadn't already been spoiled by the show, and secondly at that time, Evangelion was not on my mind. However, this time it's going to be a bit tougher, and with the amount of speculation / fanwankery I've already put into watching the trailers, I'm probably going to end up watching a subbed bootleg as soon as one is availible, even if it's crappy quality. I'll have plenty of chances to see the pretty version when it's out on DVD.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:58 am

I'm more interested in the story than in flashy visuals, so let the spoilers come!

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:02 am

I will devour every spoiled detail of the film like a starved wolf. I have no willpower or self control whatsoever.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:04 am

not if i get to them first

zarwin
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby zarwin » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:10 am

JimmyWolk wrote:I'm more interested in the story than in flashy visuals, so let the spoilers come!

SaltyJoe wrote:I will devour every spoiled detail of the film like a starved wolf. I have no willpower or self control whatsoever.

These sum my thoughts up perfectly.
Under construction

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:15 am

2.0 spoilers from teh Ornette, I'm fine with. But with 4.0 and maybe 3.0 (if it's two seperate films) I'll avoid this subforum like the plague.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:37 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:2.0 spoilers from teh Ornette, I'm fine with. But with 4.0 and maybe 3.0 (if it's two seperate films) I'll avoid this subforum like the plague.

Yeah, I'll probably want to do that too. Right now my self control for spoilers is extremely low, so I'll have to make sure to build it back up by the time 3.0 is out, since I know that is likely going to be a huge turning point for the story, since they are getting progressively different from the show.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:39 pm

I think I'll revise what I said earlier. It would be impossible to avoid all spoilers, so I guess I'll just take the ones that don't ruin the entire storyline for me (e.g. partial battle scenes, reanimated stuff, etc.). For some reason, even when I made my first post, I just knew had to watch the 3.0 trailer at the end...

I'd agree with SSD and Tim... At this point, the plot isn't nearly divergent enough to really be worrying about spoilers, but since this will take us up to Zeruel and there are 2 movies left, there has to be something absolutely MASSIVE in the works (almost as big as Long Clock Angel in the fanart thread)... The only "spoilers" of 3.0 and 4.0 I'll take are their trailers.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

scarmullet
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby scarmullet » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:00 pm

Spoiler for 2.0

Aries Dies.
Me and my Droogs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarmulletpart2