Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: Shin Eva leak general

Postby Jayfive » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:22 am

Man alive, Pen-Pen got *busy* breeding his descendants.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

IsAnnoGodOrATroll
Adam

Postby IsAnnoGodOrATroll » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:23 am

Thesufferingpumpkin wrote:Let’s wait for the directors cut edition to find out :tongue:

Like I said before if there will be an extra 10 mins added in a Blu Ray release it’ll make more money lol who knows if Anno was restricted in terms of time by the cinemas

Also hoping for extra scenes + some art improvement if possible on the Blu-Ray. I remember in an interview or something, Anno being told to cut down parts of the movie because it was too long and he said he didn't know what to cut since a lot of it was important.
Thrice Upon A Goodbye...

ShikinamiBogard
Embryo

Postby ShikinamiBogard » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:21 am

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:
SPOILER: Show

Ow, man. "Adult Asuka" looks so damn cool! I'm so glad that she was able to grow up as well! I wonder what Mari is saying to her, though. Maybe it is some kind of "goodbye"...

Indeed, she says [ Goodbye Princess]

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:28 am

View Original PostLuigi Shinji wrote:Do Misato have a happy ending?

yes, she saw a picture of her long lost son (Kaji) happy with her surrogate son (Shinji) as family......i wept.

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:I get that nuke but like so are we saying dead is dead in this continuity?

Like if you died before Shinji’s instrumentality reverse you’re dead forever?

that is how it was in eoe......Misato cheated because quantum Rei saved her at last moment.
Last edited by bladerj on Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANATA BAKA !?

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:48 am

View Original PostIsAnnoGodOrATroll wrote:
Also hoping for extra scenes + some art improvement if possible on the Blu-Ray. I remember in an interview or something, Anno being told to cut down parts of the movie because it was too long and he said he didn't know what to cut since a lot of it was important.

It would be a money maker as it gives people something more upon purchase and yes it does give Anno to add in bits that got cut, who knows a 5 min extension of the scene could fill a lot of gaps.

The most emotional I’ve got so far from what I’ve seen weirdly is pen pen with his family.

After all these years of him portrayed as the last of his kind or only one of his kind

illeffeqt
Embryo

Postby illeffeqt » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:31 am

Wait, Misato gets a happy moment in the end? Thank goodness.
j.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:10 am

View Original Postilleffeqt wrote:Wait, Misato gets a happy moment in the end? Thank goodness.

earlier,.....so.....she gets resolve for her sacrifice
because she dies DEAD
ANATA BAKA !?

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:18 am

View Original PostShikinamiBogard wrote:Indeed, she says [Goodbye Princess]

Yeah. I went back to the audio transcript and she says something like "Princess, be well". Honestly, it looks like an amazing scene.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Zusuchan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:38 am

Q did not have an extended edition, so I don't understand why we'd assume a 155-minute movie that was worked on by a perfectionist director over a very long course of time should have an extended edition. I think what is in theatres in Japan is what we're going to get and nothing more.

Also, as far as I recall, Kaworu and Misato were going to farm together, so she did come back from the dead, I guess. But I haven't seen the movie, so...

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:49 am

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:Q did not have an extended edition, so I don't understand why we'd assume a 155-minute movie that was worked on by a perfectionist director over a very long course of time should have an extended edition. I think what is in theatres in Japan is what we're going to get and nothing more.

Also, as far as I recall, Kaworu and Misato were going to farm together, so she did come back from the dead, I guess. But I haven't seen the movie, so...

About the farm, it seems to be confusing.

In Instrumentality, Kaji seems to say:

"What about working the fields with Katsuragi in your old age?"

It's weird, because he is speaking with Kaworu at that time.

Maybe he is expresing his own wishes in this scene.

ShikinamiBogard
Embryo

Postby ShikinamiBogard » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:59 am

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:
View Original PostZusuchan#914905 wrote:Q did not have an extended edition, so I don't understand why we'd assume a 155-minute movie that was worked on by a perfectionist director over a very long course of time should have an extended edition. I think what is in theatres in Japan is what we're going to get and nothing more.

About the farm, it seems to be confusing.

In Instrumentality, Kaji seems to say:

"What about working the fields with Katsuragi in your old age?"

It's weird, because he is speaking with Kaworu at that time.

Maybe he is expresing his own wishes in this scene.

Kaji brigs an alternative hapiness to Kaworu , beacuse the Hapiness of Kaworu is make happy Shinji but thats why they trapped on that loop

melonpan
Embryo

Postby melonpan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:06 pm

View Original PostIsAnnoGodOrATroll wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only person obsessed with that whole sequence. The animation on Ritsuko's hand is so smooth and real it always draws me in whenever I re-watch it lol.

I love anything in the Rebuilds that are similar to the "simulations" in and of the interface in that scene.
And watching the Avant again, I have to say its definitely an improvement from 3.0. Almost undetectable, i'll be excited too see what else the movie offers (im not going to watch any currently available camrips).
Obviously there have been moments where the 3D was a little strange, but the good outweight the bad. There are so many parts that use 3D in Rebuild and most of them look great. The 3D definitely allows them to do more or to fully flesh out their ideas, which seems like they utilized since the beginning.
Also, where did you read that they switched from Maya to Blender? Unless I read that wrong. Thats an interesting tidbit.
fan since 2013

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 pm

5 more clips and a bunch of new screens are out.
also the scene where mari comes from the water its clear she also has a dss chocker.....but she doesnt in the new world only Shinji.
ANATA BAKA !?

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby JuanSorel » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:58 pm

At this rate all we´ll need is to assemble the clips and we´ll get a movie... :D

I don't think this is what directors usually mean with "assembly cut"... :devil:

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:05 pm

View Original PostJuanSorel wrote:At this rate all we´ll need is to assemble the clips and we´ll get a movie... :D

I don't think this is what directors usually mean with "assembly cut"... :devil:

Speak of the devil, I got a link to a drive folder with all the assembled screenshots and clips we have so far.
Leave it to PMs or similar
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

Lickitung
Embryo

Postby Lickitung » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:09 pm

The last scene was leaked , i have a sweet and sad feeling at the same time :sniffle:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:21 pm

We now have most of the resolution and aftermath in fragments. One scene conspicuously missing, though, is the one where Shinji is shown hitting the iron after coming back to normalville -- just look at that neck and shoulders (and ignore the Anno ears).

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:44 pm

Oh my, I should imagine there were ovaries exploding in cinemas the length and breadth of Japan.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Yeah, adult Shinji is pretty hot lol. As long as he's fixed his personality issues he'll have no problem in the real world.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:54 pm

In the interest of balance I feel obliged to point out that adult Asuka is the snacciest snacc that ever snacced.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”