Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
illeffeqt
Embryo

Re: Shin Eva leak general

Postby illeffeqt » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:44 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:I don't think Asuka died. It sounds like she gets absorbed into Eva 13 and Shinji rescues her during his trip through the Negative Universe, adding balance to the time he failed to do so.

And however she’s supposed to get back to Kenken, it’s probably via the same means through which Failures of Infinity are changing back into humans.

Does this make sense to anyone who’s actually seen this? Haha.
j.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:44 pm

View Original Postilleffeqt wrote:Part of the problem is that even people who have seen the film are still processing it and probably missed multiple “somethings” themselves.

Yeah, it's probably that. I've talked to a guy who saw the movie and he said that Shinji was able to save Asuka after battling with Gendo. In his eyes, the beach scenario is a "meta place" that serves to conclude these characters relationship before they move on with their lives, separately. I'm not saying that one interpretation is more accurate than the other. They are just different. We have to wait and see for ourselves.

Mr. Tines wrote:If anything the Kawoshin meltdown has been far larger than the Asushin one

Well, there are no reasons for meltdowns here, anyway. They got a conclusive and sweet ending before moving on. Shinji literally said that he loved her. I can't see why some people are so crazy about it (specially on our side of the world, where the movie is simply not available yet). It is nonsensical.
By the way, I hope that the "suicide attempt thing" is a fake news. It would be so sad if it was real. Imagine revolving your entire life around a movie franchise. That would be miserable.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:53 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Between the whole Mari special chapter and the manga ending, how much did Sadamoto contribute (or leak)?

SPOILER: Show

that is not Asuka its a girl that looks like Asuka, and sadamoto is a Rei shipper himself, only his version of kensuke had a thing for Asuka.
ANATA BAKA !?

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Postby FelipeFritschF » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:02 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Between the whole Mari special chapter and the manga ending, how much did Sadamoto contribute (or leak)?

Anno might have just taken inspiration. People have speculated on it, but thus far there are multiple interviews (including recently unearthed ones) about the manga being entirely Sadamoto's thing. Unless he was lying for 25 years, I guess!

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_(manga)#Notes

I wonder if after the dust settles down people will just disregard the Rebuilds just like most people do with the manga. It seems that it's open enough so that both "closed loop" and multiverse interpretations are possible - people aren't decided on that yet, but appears to be mostly the former.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:13 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:that is not Asuka its a girl that looks like Asuka.
The same accusation could be levelled at the Rebuild redhead, and indeed was, frequently, in the immediate aftermath of 2.0 release.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:14 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:
View Original Postbladerj#914008 wrote:that is not Asuka its a girl that looks like Asuka.
The same accusation could be levelled at the Rebuild redhead, and indeed was, frequently, in the immediate aftermath of 2.0 release.

Which turned out to be accurate if you think about it. A clone is someone who looks like another person.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Emperoreddy
Embryo

Postby Emperoreddy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:15 pm

Shinji and Asuka finding closure that doesn't involve the other person sounds like the healthiest choice either could make.
Green Birds

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Zusuchan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:17 pm

It seems that most people are better off at the end of the movie-even Kaworu admits he was wrong and becomes a farmer. The film seems quite wholesome in that regard, which I'm looking forward to.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:34 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Anno might have just taken inspiration. People have speculated on it, but thus far there are multiple interviews (including recently unearthed ones) about the manga being entirely Sadamoto's thing. Unless he was lying for 25 years, I guess!

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_(manga)#Notes

I wonder if after the dust settles down people will just disregard the Rebuilds just like most people do with the manga. It seems that it's open enough so that both "closed loop" and multiverse interpretations are possible - people aren't decided on that yet, but appears to be mostly the former.

other than art style i always hated sadamoto take...except that he actually show stuff the series glossed over like how they controled eva 01 after Shinji went on a tantrum.and he actually had Shinji fighit mp evas with Asuka....but of course that was like a decade a part from the movie so.....he just did it to be different.

i dont think sadamoto had any influence other than character design, everything in eva 2.0 and Q scream of anno and that other director from art ? (takeshi?)
ANATA BAKA !?

Jehoel
Embryo

Postby Jehoel » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:35 pm

View Original PostJehoel wrote:Are you telling me that after all this time, Asuka is denied a chance at redemption after her loss in EoE? As in, she once again loses her final battle, in spite of the angelic powers that she possesses?
On top of it neither Shinji nor Mari are apparently there to help her? So she is just left alone at the end?

Even the conversation with Shinji on the beach, while seemingly sweet, carries some implications (maybe) that seems questionable.
Like, all that the character receives as coronation of her journey throughout Evangelion is being told by Shinji that he liked/likes her?
Instead of, say, finally proving her worth in a definitive way? Succeding in achieving something?

To add to this, Asuka being a clone is something else I struggle with.
Having alway seen Asuka as the other child of the story, the most human character alongside Shinji, making her a clone undercuts her origin as a "normal" girl.
It also denies her a real mother, which was integral to Soryu's role as the "daughter" of NGE.

In a sense i would have liked to see Asuka be the one to transition to the "real" world with Shinji, at the end (and not due to romantic implications, but simply due to her journey towards growth being parallel/similar to that of Shinji).

Also, has it been clarified whether or not Asuka shows up at the station in the ending? If not, does this mean that she is the only one of the children we don't see as an adult?

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:50 pm

Guys, to be honest with you the more I read, the more I don't think this story is over, something feels off about all of this. I don't think the booklets and movie have given us all the information, they must be holding something back from us.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Postby FelipeFritschF » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:50 pm

Her having no parents seems to be the reason why she got close to Kensuke - she actually says something about wanting someone to "pat her on the head". That's when she shows up as a little child, and Kensuke is there, and says it's alright.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:52 pm

View Original PostJehoel wrote:
View Original PostJehoel#913997 wrote:Are you telling me that after all this time, Asuka is denied a chance at redemption after her loss in EoE? As in, she once again loses her final battle, in spite of the angelic powers that she possesses?
On top of it neither Shinji nor Mari are apparently there to help her? So she is just left alone at the end?

Even the conversation with Shinji on the beach, while seemingly sweet, carries some implications (maybe) that seems questionable.
Like, all that the character receives as coronation of her journey throughout Evangelion is being told by Shinji that he liked/likes her?
Instead of, say, finally proving her worth in a definitive way? Succeding in achieving something?

To add to this, Asuka being a clone is something else I struggle with.
Having alway seen Asuka as the other child of the story, the most human character alongside Shinji, making her a clone undercuts her origin as a "normal" girl.
It also denies her a real mother, which was integral to Soryu's role as the "daughter" of NGE.

In a sense i would have liked to see Asuka be the one to transition to the "real" world with Shinji, at the end (and not due to romantic implications, but simply due to her journey towards growth being parallel/similar to that of Shinji).

Also, has it been clarified whether or not Asuka shows up at the station in the ending? If not, does this mean that she is the only one of the children we don't see as an adult?

I don't think Asuka is allowed to grow up.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Zusuchan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:53 pm

Some people say Asuka appears at the end briefly, others say she does not. There does not appear to be a clear consensus as of right now.

I'm not sure about Asuka's journey to growth being similar to Shinji's, their journey seems to be different in NTE.

ChaddyManPrime:I don't think so, that would basically mean Khara created official material that straight-out withholds information and that a lot of fan responses are also somehow intentionally wrong. Obviously watching the film itself is gonna make a lot of things seem different, but the main baseline of the majority of the plot probably stands.

Also, what did I say about huge quotes and double-posts?

Edit: Oh, okay, you didn't double-post, my bad. Sorry! The huge quotes thing still stands, though.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:54 pm

View Original PostJehoel wrote:Also, has it been clarified whether or not Asuka shows up at the station in the ending? If not, does this mean that she is the only one of the children we don't see as an adult?

I've heard she's an adult when Shinji talks to her on the beach
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:13 pm

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:Edit: Oh, okay, you didn't double-post, my bad. Sorry! The huge quotes thing still stands, though.

Everytime I do spoilers it does that, that's why I don't do it anymore, I can't delete posts either.

But no, what I am saying is, all that information exists, but I think they are holding other information from us till a later date.

os189
Lilith

Postby os189 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:14 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:
View Original PostJehoel#914027 wrote:Also, has it been clarified whether or not Asuka shows up at the station in the ending? If not, does this mean that she is the only one of the children we don't see as an adult?

I've heard she's an adult when Shinji talks to her on the beach

Nope.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:14 pm

Thanks to a brave Japanese soul in the cinema have eyes on a Giant Naked...erm...Someone...

"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Zusuchan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:17 pm

ChaddyManPrime: You can't delete posts or make spoiler tabs? I wonder why...I'll bring that up backstage. Though when quoting, you could not quote the entirety of the posts and just write/copy-paste the parts of the post you're responding to. And when you have something new you want to say, you could just edit your own posts.

Jayfive: Well, Lilith certainly appears uncanny here. The photorealism does creep me out, which I think is probably intentional.

Jehoel
Embryo

Postby Jehoel » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:18 pm

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:I'm not sure about Asuka's journey to growth being similar to Shinji's, their journey seems to be different in NTE.

It is definitely less similar for sure, but 2.22 Asuka does go through similar experiences to 1.11 Shinji (penpen shower/having a difficult time growing accustomed to the new setting, learning to open up and so on...)
They also both find themselves awakening after a while in a completely different world.

Even the suiting up sequence of Mari and Asuka (in 3.0+1.0) mirrors very closely that of Kaworu and Shinji (in 3.33).
That is to say that the timeskip certainly creates a big gap between the two but some parallelisms are still presented to us.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”