Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: 3+1 SUBTITLES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD WITH APP!

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:57 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:And what's the point of making Asuka a clone?

I have firmly used up all my eloquence for the day, so unfortunately no real explanation; the whole "children of destiny" thing, implanted souls, etc
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

Postby Jäeger » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:57 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:
View Original PostBlockio#912601 wrote:Well, there was pretty well-founded speculation that all of the pilots were clones since about a year and a half ago, so it's not out of nowhere

I know, but still feels cheap.

And what's the point of making Asuka a clone?

View Original PostFryMeTuhDehMuhn wrote:I hope that the people who hate this don't come after Anno though. I don't know exactly how valid the episode 25/26 reaction claims are, but if they are valid then people might be even worse this time. Not even necessarily because the story is bad, but in a situation similar to The Last of Us 2, where people just hated it from the outset and attacked the creators.

Of course, that kind of people are scum. But that doesnt mean that Anno can't be a subject of criticism, like any other artist.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:57 pm

I don't know how anyone can discern anything from the last 10% or so of those leaked subtitles, they are just gibberish.

I feel like people are constructing plots based picking out individual translated words.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:58 pm

View Original Postohno2100 wrote:
SPOILER: Show
Everybody, bow before him.

I fully agree, but still, his body is 14 years older right? That's the only thing throwing me here.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

FryMeTuhDehMuhn
Adam

Postby FryMeTuhDehMuhn » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:00 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:
View Original PostJäeger#912608 wrote:
I know, but still feels cheap.

View Original PostFryMeTuhDehMuhn#912602 wrote:I hope that the people who hate this don't come after Anno though. I don't know exactly how valid the episode 25/26 reaction claims are, but if they are valid then people might be even worse this time. Not even necessarily because the story is bad, but in a situation similar to The Last of Us 2, where people just hated it from the outset and attacked the creators.

Of course, that kind of people are scum. But that doesnt mean that Anno can't be a subject of criticism, like any other artist.

Oh definitely, he isn't immune to criticism, nobody is. What I meant was death threats and such, which are so easy for big people to get these days it seems. Laura Bailey & her child, Neil Druckmann, the people responsible for changing Peter Parker's face in the Spider-Man PS4 remaster, etc.
wait waht

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

Postby Jäeger » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:00 pm

View Original Postohno2100 wrote:
Everybody, bow before him.

The thing is...he must look 14 years older than a teenager.....

And they better give a good explanation, because it comes out of nowhere after 3 movies....

Anno really hates his fandom, doesn't he?? :D

View Original PostFryMeTuhDehMuhn wrote:
View Original PostJäeger#912612 wrote:

Oh definitely, he isn't immune to criticism, nobody is. What I meant was death threats and such, which are so easy for big people to get these days it seems. Laura Bailey & her child, Neil Druckmann, the people responsible for changing Peter Parker's face in the Spider-Man PS4 remaster, etc.

Yeah, social network have given toxic speeches a resonance they never had before. But remember that is not the same as just saying "Anno, you just have given birth to a pile of shit". Everybody have the right to express his opinion about a movie, a game or a book. At least, if is not base on hate or threats, of course.

But....

Seriously....

Everythings sounds like an Eva rip off from late 90s-early 2000s....
Last edited by Jäeger on Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:03 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:I don't know how anyone can discern anything from the last 10% or so of those leaked subtitles, they are just gibberish.
Enough people can read the raw images and not have to rely on OCR'd and MTL'd alphabet soup.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ohno2100
Embryo

Postby ohno2100 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:04 pm

hui43210 wrote:I fully agree, but still, his body is 14 years older right? That's the only thing throwing me here.

Jäeger wrote:
The thing is...he must look 14 years older than a teenager.....

And they better give a good explanation, because it comes out of nowhere after 3 movies....

Anno really hates his fandom, doesn't he?? :D

Perfect solution: Kensuke was the pilot of Unit (or Mark) 7 and is trapped as a child as well. Man got to live the dream and got the girl. :devil:

FryMeTuhDehMuhn
Adam

Postby FryMeTuhDehMuhn » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:10 pm

I suggest y'all go to 3.0+1.0's Wikipedia page and refresh until you see some added stuff. The plot page has been particularly amusing, with one description mentioning asushincels being on suicide watch after the Mari thing.
wait waht

Bhorium
Adam

Postby Bhorium » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:11 pm

I think managed to find a word to describe how I feel about this. The more I read, the more the whole thing comes across as kitchen-sinky to me. Like there is too many concepts thrown in there and too little time spent between them.
Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.

kuro hazama
Adam

Postby kuro hazama » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:11 pm

Kensuke, hikari and touji live in a settlement of 1000 people, use "credits" as money and T and H have a child named Tsubame

Asuka calls Kensuke Kenken.

All the pilots Shinji included are artificial.
the eva team

gendo team brains/pimpface
ritsuko team cyborg
Misato team berserker
aoba team undead
hyuga team psycho
ibuki psycho stalker

fuyu team badass

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:12 pm

Is this going to pull a
FF7remake
or a reverse
FF7remake
?
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Patchouli
Embryo

Postby Patchouli » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:12 pm

Kensuke finally won something, nice!

ShikinamiBogard
Embryo

Postby ShikinamiBogard » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:12 pm

Time ago a friend has a theory, wen Shikinami was infected by Bardiel, she's the perfect spot for experiments and new Evas Series, well apparently this maybe has some true.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:13 pm

View Original Postkuro hazama wrote:

And now everyne who said that's bullshit on Reichu's theory owes her one :P
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Furu
Adam

Postby Furu » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:13 pm

This is my first time posting in like a billion years but I have to say this is literally the worst way to experience the movie and everyone freaking out over contextless subtitles is something I couldn't ignore. I urge you to actually watch the movie before you start talking about how it's a piece of shit and Anno has betrayed you (???) and all of ths hyperbole.
Insert Block of Text here.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:13 pm

Sorry but digitally graffiting Wikipedia got old a long long time ago.

I assume that within a short amount of time people in various editor groups will be alerted to a sudden skip in activity and put the page in semi or fully protected status.

This is my first time posting in like a billion years but I have to say this is literally the worst way to experience the movie and everyone freaking out over contextless subtitles is something I couldn't ignore. I urge you to actually watch the movie before you start talking about how it's a piece of shit and Anno has betrayed you (???) and all of ths hyperbole.

No hyperbole here. Any talk of that is about 4chan talking like that. In comparison to /a/ frothing at their collective mouths it's been more of a head-tilt and "Huh? Huh." reaction here. Frankly the reaction to Mari popping up in the final manga chapter got a biggest reaction in this forum.
Last edited by Jayfive on Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:14 pm

View Original Postkuro hazama wrote:
Kensuke, hikari and touji live in a settlement of 1000 people, use "credits" as money and T and H have a child named Tsubame

Asuka calls Kensuke Kenken.

Well, at least Asuka ends up with a four eyes.

FryMeTuhDehMuhn
Adam

Postby FryMeTuhDehMuhn » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:14 pm

This is truly the most spectacular shitshow and I'm so glad to be able to bear witness to it. Seriously, this fallout tops the Netflix release lmfao
wait waht

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

Postby Jäeger » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:16 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Sorry but digitally graffiting Wikipedia got old a long long time ago.

I assume that within a short amount of time people in various editor groups will be alerted to a sudden skip in activity and put the page in semi or fully protected status.

It has happened :D

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”