Let's help each other avoid spoilers online

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Let's help each other avoid spoilers online

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:36 pm

Same as FreakyFilmFan4ever, even if not subtitled, if I found the movie in a odd place of internet even purely raw with just Japanese, -days after it aired of course- then fuck off do I am going to watch it. Obseving perplexed fans reactions and speculation over the time they see it at differents times will be fun too :naughty: !

HOWEVER, that's being said, I promise to have the decency to keep it to myself and not spread neither links, neither new things I have observed when I saw it on Evageeks! Nothing.

Unless some of you might be as greedy as me about things like spoilers or speculations, then I'll share it only with you, darlings~ :smirk: . Not the link, of course.
Ban me forever.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:14 pm

I really wonder if there will be camrips this time.
Something I'll find out about waaaayy after the fact, cause I'm staying away from this film haha
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:53 pm

View Original PostLine wrote:Unless some of you might be as greedy as me about things like spoilers or speculations, then I'll share it only with you, darlings~ :smirk: . Not the link, of course.

Links are not allowed, of course, but spoilers are no trouble, mon amie.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:01 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:but spoilers are no trouble, mon amie.

Only in the right place, though!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:05 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:
View Original PostUrsusArctos#911420 wrote:but spoilers are no trouble, mon amie.

Only in the right place, though!

Yes, of course here. Over here, in this subforum spoilers rule.

Everywhere else...*turns to torpedo crew and orders them to load torpedoes*
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:20 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I'm actually curious to see who the social media changes in the last - almost - decade since the last film will change the spoiler game.

There was real humor in seeing the wildness that was spoilers for the first three Rebuilds. It was like a wild game of Telephone. A person in Japan would go see the film in a theater. Then later on a Japanese forum would post something like "Shinji saving the day was so cool I almost died!" and some person who doesn't speak Japanese would find the word "Evangelion" or "Shinji" and copy + paste that into an auto translator somewhere. Because of the language differences the sentence would become "Shinji is cool he died!" Then that person would spread online "Oh my god, in the new Evangelion film Shinji dies! Shinji does something cool before he dies though. Or there's an Eva battle in the snow. Must be an Ice Angel." Then the conversation would be all about "What the fuck is Anno smoking? Why would he kill Shinji in the first film with an Ice Angel?"

Already in advance: Don't believe leaks which say Asuka, Shinji, Rei, Mari, Kaworu or something will die, obviously there will be a lot of it going around the internet but don't believe in it until you see the movie. The pregnant Asuka Angel thing which was going around during the time Q first appeared is so funny but looking back it was so easy to dismiss it.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:00 pm

Did I say my posts would include spoilers made public? I though it was clear in which it said I would share it with only the ones wanting to know it(=MP) to me.

And you should know that's I wouldn't NOT(!) post spoilers carelessly there. Maybe it was clear for me, but not for others, so now you know that's I care.

I just want to have fun with this movie since I really don't care for spoilers, and just want everything settled off already, as much as I care for others to not have their fun/pleasure ruined by careless spoilers.

I personally don't care for spoilers, but I know others here really do. But I also know there might be some others members whose like me don't give a great deal about it. My post was adressed to members like this. Which spoilers, speculations and such NO PIRACY OR LINK THOUGH will be shared on MP. Private discussions. And only if their ok with it, of course.

I'm sorry for the alert I caused :exalt:

That's being all cleared, my invitation to the joy of speculations and spoilers in intimacy (synonym for PM) still stand :Kaji:

EDIT: Oops, so not even allowed in PM? Ouch. Then on others socials medias in PM,then! Again if said member(s) agree too.
Ban me forever.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:14 pm

Line, don't be worried. The entire point of the spoiler policy is so that this is a space where spoilers may be discussed as freely as possible by people who wish to be spoiled soon upon release. That warning was for those who did not understand the (quite obvious) context.

If any users wish to ask you for spoilers through PMs, that is of course fine, since those spoilers are private.

But as for piracy, that's a clear no, whatever the form it takes - and I address this not to Line but to everyone.

CSPAN
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CSPAN » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:33 pm

I'm going to be streaming the entirety of NGE+EoE+NTE on the day of release in my personal discord server, after which point I will hope and pray that a decently subtitled camrip is floating around. Other than that, if it gets spoiled, I doubt there's any way I can avoid it without going completely offline until the hype dies down, which is pretty unrealistic.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:45 pm

View Original PostCSPAN wrote:I'm going to be streaming the entirety of NGE+EoE+NTE on the day of release in my personal discord server, after which point I will hope and pray that a decently subtitled camrip is floating around. Other than that, if it gets spoiled, I doubt there's any way I can avoid it without going completely offline until the hype dies down, which is pretty unrealistic.

It's not unrealistic! Just act like you don't know Evangelion online. I think that works lol
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:21 am

The time between the movie's release and the leak of the camrip is a time of Pure Chaos.

It's gonna be mad speculation and endless questions of the "what did Anno mean by this?" over a bunch of poor translations of HEARSAY of vague, broad stroke descriptions with some leaps of logic and fake news pulled out of someone's rectum to fill in the gaps.

Just remember the utter confusion when Q dropped and people were saying stuff like "Q starts with the Arael fight", "WILL-E" (that one still persists), "they operate under the excuse of trying to fix the sea", etc
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:50 am

View Original PostCSPAN wrote:I'm going to be streaming the entirety of NGE+EoE+NTE on the day of release in my personal discord server, after which point I will hope and pray that a decently subtitled camrip is floating around. Other than that, if it gets spoiled, I doubt there's any way I can avoid it without going completely offline until the hype dies down, which is pretty unrealistic.

Whatever works for you, pal, but please don't share the invite to the discord server here. That's all I ask.

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby JuanSorel » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 am

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:It's gonna be mad speculation and endless questions of the "what did Anno mean by this?"

And after that it will be "mad speculation and endless questions of what did Anno mean by this?" after an official dub and sub come out.. :devil: :wink:

CSPAN
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CSPAN » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:19 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:
View Original PostCSPAN#911443 wrote:I'm going to be streaming the entirety of NGE+EoE+NTE on the day of release in my personal discord server, after which point I will hope and pray that a decently subtitled camrip is floating around. Other than that, if it gets spoiled, I doubt there's any way I can avoid it without going completely offline until the hype dies down, which is pretty unrealistic.

Whatever works for you, pal, but please don't share the invite to the discord server here. That's all I ask.

Haha, don't worry. It's not really the kind of place you'd invite random strangers to. I just have a lot of friends that share my love of Eva that are all excited for the release of 3.0+1.0 so we're making an event out of it. I'm sure most people here have their own digital/dvd/bluray copies to watch whenever they want anyway. :wink:

EDIT: To remain on topic, I'll say that spoilers are going to be relatively impossible to avoid outside of complete quarantine from 99% of the sites I visit. Maybe I'll take the week to clean my house while I wait.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:27 pm

About the extra minutes that will be shared on sunday.
IF they are available worldwide and are the start of the second scene (after Paris) will they be spoilers?
I personally wouldn't see them as that, as they are shared to promote the release the day after, but what is the forum's stance?

Would be cool to discuss those before I stay away from Shin, but if they enter the spoiler zone that's fine too.

Also is there any forum area to talk about Shin that is spoiler free? For example, for people to discuss how to get the bluray when it is preorderable, if they haven't actually seen the film yet.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:04 pm

We're having a discussion about the online premiere. Right now there are two forms of uncertainty about it - (1) Is it just an expanded form of the AVANT 1 "Operation 0706" video screened in Paris and (2) Is it going to be available worldwide or is it going to be IP-restricted to Japan?

If that's IP restricted to Japan, it's almost certainly a spoiler unless it turns out to be just the AVANT 1 video with some padding added to it and no real new plot information. If that's the case, we might think of de-spoiling it. But we really don't know, and that's a problem.

If it's a worldwide online premiere, it means that everyone here has a good chance of seeing it, and therefore, it is not a spoiler no matter what it contains.

View Original PostCSPAN wrote:Haha, don't worry. It's not really the kind of place you'd invite random strangers to. I just have a lot of friends that share my love of Eva that are all excited for the release of 3.0+1.0 so we're making an event out of it. I'm sure most people here have their own digital/dvd/bluray copies to watch whenever they want anyway. :wink:

That's good! Have fun!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:06 am

I've put it in my sig, but you can PM me if you need specific spoilers for Shin Evangelion, but don't want the whole movie spoiled for you. (You know, questions like "Is Time Loop real?" "Was this always a sequel to NGE?" or whatever else you'd like answered.)

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:13 am

Can I imitate you'r signature to a certain extend:

"PM me if you don't mind being shamelessly spoiled about 3.0.+10 eva and discuss about our discoveries" ?
Ban me forever.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:52 am

^ Sure thing! ^_^

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:29 pm

Personally I have only 1 particular rumor I want clarified (e.g. spoiled to me) but besides that, I hope to watch the film fresh whenever a bluray comes out in the States. (Hopefully GKids is acquiring the Rebuilds alongside NGE :marihearts: )

Saturday in the West is gonna be fun as hell with the back to back AVANT(?) up on Youtube! I'm assuming they'll end it on a well-timed cliff hanger of some sort, lol.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”