More Eva? (Recent news: "Rebuild" Newtype article)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Alfonso
Adam

Postby Alfonso » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:23 pm

Hunter21 wrote:A translation of the big Eva scoop would be much appreciated.

Yes, yes, indeed! *needs to know what the scoop is... like now*

Is the issue out yet? :0
[insert generic 'Asuka is hot' signature here]

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby zeaven » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:41 pm

It comes out Sept. 10.

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:36 pm

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Live Action Eva Movie???
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:38 pm

It'd be damn funny if the scoop was that gainax was releasing another eva dvd box set :o
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Darius
Lilith

Postby Darius » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:35 am

zeaven wrote:It comes out Sept. 10.

The Japanese one right? And how do we get the inforation in english anyways? Translations?

Alfonso
Adam

Postby Alfonso » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:49 am

Yeah, translations. Going by how big this news could possibly be, I imagine it'll be translated within the same day the issue hits the stores.

Rumors are flying about that the front cover will contain the tagline 'Rebuild of Evangelion', which hints towards the '3 movies remaking the anime with new scenes, plus a totally new movie' rumor. If that is indeed true, then we can probably expect a sequel to EoE, or an alternate ending which takes place instead of BOTH the TV ending and the first movie one. Since why would they bother to redo the series if not to serve as a 'reminder' or 'the story thus far' if it wasn't stuff that happened after the series?

Well, for money of course. :< But I'm sure you get what I mean.
[insert generic 'Asuka is hot' signature here]

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:25 am

I hope I can't read Gainax's mind, because if I can then they'll do the following: a sequel happening 10,000 years after 3rd Impact, where there are loli, princesses, robot girls, magical girl transformations, etc... Pedo-moe like crazy, but with "Evangelion" as its name.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:46 am

AchtungAffen wrote:...Pedo-moe like crazy, but with "Evangelion" as its name.

Oh come on, Anno is most likely involved, and they're GAINAX, not Masters of Entertainment. When as GAINAX ever done something like tha...

Oh yeah, He is my Master...

felineki
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby felineki » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:58 pm

*wonders what Evas would be like as magical girls*

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:12 pm

cat42 wrote:
AchtungAffen wrote:...Pedo-moe like crazy, but with "Evangelion" as its name.

Oh come on, Anno is most likely involved, and they're GAINAX, not Masters of Entertainment. When as GAINAX ever done something like tha...

Oh yeah, He is my Master...

Because it's Gainax I worry. Have you been watching Gainax recently? Kore ga watashi no goshuujin-sama, Mahoromatic, Diebuster, Kono Minikuku etc...

Can't you see the trend here? All latest Gainax productions are like what I described.

And yes, Anno included. He worked in Diebuster, but couldn't save the Titanic. I can't trust him anymore.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:29 pm

It's not that recent Gainax output has been heavy on the fan-service that worries me - they've always been like that (see also Gunbuster aka Bustgunner). No, the problem is that it's crassly done fan-service.

felineki wrote:*wonders what Evas would be like as magical girls*

Something like this...

If Gainax could manage something like what one might term "Magical Lyrical Evangelion", that would be wonderful, though. As it is, it would have to stay in the realms of fanfic.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:20 pm

I need to remember that sarcasm doesn't work on the internet...

While I've seen He is my Master, I have yet to watch any of the others. I have Diebust up to vol. 5, but I'm waiting for vol. 6 before I watch it.

And you forgot also, Anno's directed a few episodes of his wife's show, Sugar Sugar Rune, which is a magical girl show.
:P

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:05 pm

If it turns out to be an interesting story, kudos to Anno for pulling this off.

If it sucks, we'll meet in front of Anno's house and Gainax's studio about a month after it's released. Bring the pitchforks and torches.

Or we could save the trouble, should we start a 'Save the Evangelion' charity, so we could collect the money to buy Eva from Gainax?
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:57 pm

cat42 wrote:And you forgot also, Anno's directed a few episodes of his wife's show, Sugar Sugar Rune, which is a magical girl show.
:P

You see? Dai pinchi for all of us and Eva.
My List @ AniDB

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:06 pm

CorporalChaos wrote:If it sucks, we'll meet in front of Anno's house and Gainax's studio about a month after it's released. Bring the pitchforks and torches.

Bring the spraypaint cans. Remember how to write "Anno Rapeman" -- it has both kanji and kana in it.

And AA, pssssst! Not another word! It's bad mojo! Blank expectations are better than sardonic pessimism, IMO...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:07 pm

Whatever. If Anno wants to make a crappy sequel to Eva, let him.
If Anno wants to make "Unit 01 in Space: The Love Connection", let him. Hell, if he wants to a sequel where PenPen becomes a rock-star because that is how he imagines himself in his heart, let him.

As long as he doesn't take the original series, edit characters out of it, add retarded CG charactes to the back grounds, put in "updated" music, and then claim that the negatives of the original series were all destroyed, I'm ok.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:26 am

more from ANS

9-6-06 (4:50AM EDT)---- Unconfirmed: New Evangelion Anime Details
The following is totally unconfirmed: The title for the new film series is "Evangelion Shin Gekijou Ban", it will consist of 4 parts with the first part arriving in Japanese theaters in early summer, 2007. Staff include General Supervisor: Hideaki Anno, Director: Tsurumaki Kazuya , Character Design: Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, Mecha Design: Ikuto Yamashita, Animation Production: Khara (Color) Studio. The scenario of the 1st part will be written by Hideaki Anno with storyboard by Shinji Higuchi. Key points of a supposed interview which may or may not appear in the forthcoming edition of Newtype attributed to Toshimichi Ohtsuki of King Records have also been circulating. According to that information:
-The content is quite different though the time base of the story is the same as the original TV series.
- It will be a remake, however, it is not a re-creation but a "new work".
- The approach will be different than what Tomino-san did with the Gundam Z New Translation films, there will apparantly be a large amount of new material.
- Even if the TV series has not be seen, the viewer will be able to enjoy it. Though the content becomes easy, it is not redundant to those already familiar with the series.
- The technique that purposely scatters difficult words and phrases will not be used any longer.
- As an antithesis to current animation industry segments. It is an attitude on the production side to pull the act in the age that started from Eva.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Szmitten » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:50 am

"Evangelion Shin Gekijou Ban"

Evangelion: New Theatre Number/Version?

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Shin-seiki » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:51 am

^ Wow, that's awfully detailed for something that's "totally unconfirmed". This 3+1 scenario (three recaps plus one all-new movie) sounds a whole lot more 'for real' now...
Szmitten wrote:
"Evangelion Shin Gekijou Ban"

Evangelion: New Theatre Number/Version?
'Evangelion New Theatrical Edition' sounds good.

NeonZ
Embryo

Postby NeonZ » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:43 am

- As an antithesis to current animation industry segments. It is an attitude on the production side to pull the act in the age that started from Eva.

So, according to that rumor... this Eva remake is basically an anti-Eva? If that's true, it'll surely be interesting... However, I can see many people complaning about how Eva will be "ruined" by those movies.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”