Eva 1.11 and 2.22 DVD/BD Extras Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:04 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Kaji: "Ikari Shinji-kun?" Shinji: "Hai?" Kaji: "Aishiteru yo." :hitthetable:

:rofl: That scene, and the intro to the melon patch scene are the only two scenes I wished Anno had kept in the movie. I always thought Asuka's introduction needed a little more breathing room anyway.

EDIT: Oh yeah! My DVD came in the mail today, even though Amazon said they screwed up my order and it wouldn't get here until the 4th. This is possible the most pleasant April Fool's Joke ever, even though it was completely unintentional. (I think it was, anyway...)

Kodaemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kodaemon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Polish Limited Edition (DVD version):

So: nice, big box, Asuka figure, a poster, 4, postcards, DVD box.

The box contains two discs.

The first disc is the movie. Japanese audio, polish subtitles, polish voiceover (explanation: Poland traditionally doesn't dub movies, we get what's called "lektor", one person doing a voiceover translation over the original audio. Weird, I know.) The translation is a bit iffy, with some poor grammar and Maya addressing herself as male in one scene. Which is hilarious since it's Maya :D

The second disc is the extras, which include the Making Of (for the record: Sagisu/Ravel versions are labellled correctly), and Fly Me To The Moon, Beautiful World and Angel of Doom clips (only one version each). Other than that, there's a ton of trailers for other anime.

There's also a small booklet, the first two pages are character profiles, the rest are collections of stills & stuff.
just a signature

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:22 pm

View Original PostKodaemon wrote:Polish Limited Edition (DVD version):

So: nice, big box, Asuka figure, a poster, 4, postcards, DVD box.

The box contains two discs.

The first disc is the movie. Japanese audio, polish subtitles, polish voiceover (explanation: Poland traditionally doesn't dub movies, we get what's called "lektor", one person doing a voiceover translation over the original audio. Weird, I know.) The translation is a bit iffy, with some poor grammar and Maya addressing herself as male in one scene. Which is hilarious since it's Maya :D

The second disc is the extras, which include the Making Of (for the record: Sagisu/Ravel versions are labellled correctly), and Fly Me To The Moon, Beautiful World and Angel of Doom clips (only one version each). Other than that, there's a ton of trailers for other anime.

There's also a small booklet, the first two pages are character profiles, the rest are collections of stills & stuff.

Nice. Makes me wonder why we never get these types of things.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:04 pm

See, now that's just wrong that we don't get stuff like that in the States for me to wish I could afford. Though, I would miss Anno's texts in the booklet.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:41 pm

View Original PostKodaemon wrote:The translation is a bit iffy, with some poor grammar and Maya addressing herself as male in one scene. Which is hilarious since it's Maya :D

(the person translating) Maya Is Really Bad At His Job

Knuckles
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Knuckles » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:47 am

The "I would give you anything" scene, what is that exactly? I watched it and it seems like the only difference is a LOT more coloring and effects, although I don't know if that's just the 2.22 version's doing.
"It doesn't matter. This is all I need.."
"Rei is genetically his mom, socially his friend/coworker/classmate, legally his sister, spiritually the progenitor of the entire 'normal' biosphere, physically a mass of matter that ought not be, and technically (depending on which Rei we're talking about) also some form of the risen dead.

...and I still like Shinji/Rei."

Kodaemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kodaemon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:00 am

The difference is actually the music. This is a different version, with added clapping a'la Komm, Suesser Tod. Starts when you see Mari sitting atop Eva 02.

EDIT: Also, there are additional sound effects here
just a signature

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:43 am

Wonder why they made the choice not to include the claps, since that's pretty much the only difference between the two. The song (and sequence) is already reminiscent of Komm Susser Tod, why not go all the way?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:01 am

View Original PostKnuckles wrote:The "I would give you anything" scene, what is that exactly? I watched it and it seems like the only difference is a LOT more coloring and effects, although I don't know if that's just the 2.22 version's doing.

Yeah, what Kodaemon said. Though, there are no sound effects in the 2.22 version, just the vocals of the Eva and all of the characters and the music track; whereas the NOGUCHI ver. not only has the added claps in the music, but also has all of the foley sound effects added back into it. That was the version I had seen in theaters. I like the 2.22 version better only because it drew me into the emotionality of the film more.

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:25 am

I actually perfer the NOGUCHI ver. The lack of sound effects doesn't do it for me.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Kodaemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kodaemon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:31 am

It definitely does for me. The moment when Unit 01's halo silently starts expanding into that red vortex and the music starts playing is probably my favourite scene in the entire film.
just a signature

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:19 am

Assuming the booklet's considered an Extra, just a note: Bethany Base is "at the old North Pole, and under control of the Euro branch". Hope that helps avoid anymore confusion on where the hell it is. -o-;

I think both versions of Tsubasa are fitting, though I do love the added claps of Noguchi Version.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:08 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:I actually perfer the NOGUCHI ver. The lack of sound effects doesn't do it for me.

Same here. I like that version a lot more myself since I think those sound effects are suppose to be there.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:53 pm

Well, when it comes to such a surreal sequence, nothing is "supposed" to be happening. Physical reality is completely up for grabs.

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

Rebuild of Evangelion featurettes

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:16 pm

So, about the Rebuild of Evangelion featurettes on the DVD & Blu-rays of 1.11 and 2.22... what do y'all think of them?

I personally loved them, especially Rebuild of Evangelion: 2.02! The music is just kick-ass, and so is the insight into the interworkings of the animation. It's a great research tool!
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:29 pm

They need more music like 2.22.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:46 pm

I sat through Rebuild of Evangelion 2.02 with my mother and mostly enjoyed the music all the way through. I wonder if the music is available somewhere; I need to get the soundtrack for the movie first though.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:39 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:I sat through Rebuild of Evangelion 2.02 with my mother and mostly enjoyed the music all the way through. I wonder if the music is available somewhere; I need to get the soundtrack for the movie first though.

I just pop the DVD in my computer, pull up Windows Movie Maker, set the audio settings to record the Stereo Mix, hit "RECORD" on the movie maker's Narration recording feature, and hit "PLAY" on the DVD. The music then becomes available as a WMA file, though you can convert it to MP3 through iTunes.

Yes, I did all that because I wanted the rock version of Des Cordes (that elevator-ish sounding theme throughout 2.22). The Beautiful World remix during the end credits of 2.22 becomes available in the same way.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:45 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I just pop the DVD in my computer, pull up Windows Movie Maker, set the audio settings to record the Stereo Mix, hit "RECORD" on the movie maker's Narration recording feature, and hit "PLAY" on the DVD. The music then becomes available as a WMA file, though you can convert it to MP3 through iTunes.

How do you do the Mac equivalent of this thing?
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 pm

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:How do you do the Mac equivalent of this thing?

Probably a good DVD ripper and some form of video editing software. I've only used Macs for professional video uses, so I really wouldn't know if something like iMovie or Garage Band could help you out.

EDIT: As far as I know, Macs don't record Stereo Mix, so you might have to do something interesting like connecting the "Line Out" plug into the "Microphone" plug.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”