Evangelion 2.0 CRC: Tsurumaki Interview

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:46 am

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote::lol: Oh God, these people...

Well, what else needs to be said but

LOLGAINAX

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Tokusatsu is srs bzns.

Reminds me of this one piece of dialogue in Anno's Shiki Jitsu...

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:24 pm

View Original PostXard wrote: Reminds me of this one piece of dialogue in Anno's Shiki Jitsu...

Don't leave us hanging!

View Original Post1731298478 wrote:I'm looking forward to this ^__^

It's nothing really special. There are so many I'm starting to have trouble organizing them: http://www.gwern.net/otaku-predictions

View Original Post1731298478 wrote:One thing I wanted to do was to type up the Japanese text of the parts I've attempted and place it alongside the translation. When I get some time I will try to do that. I think, on the whole, producing a good English version of the interviews will be a long term project ^^;

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Just a thought here -- have any of the scribes here considered extracting the interview translations and putting them on wiki pages where they aren't going to get lost in the reactions to the content?

Of course. I've been working on it a bit tonight. I'm not really sure how to deal with the storyboard stuff eg. http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=439299&sid=044c919f2fecfe9e9b2a0f9947e440d7#439299 so I've just been copying the interviews. Here's what I have so far: http://pastebin.com/bzpS3BfL

It's basically the interview threads copy-pasted, partially spellchecked, some comments added, and put into order. If I'm lucky, I'll have some time tomorrow to work on it.

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Even in NGE, many from the staff would suggest to Hideaki Anno changes in the script and the editing of the movie. It was a staff member to suggested that Shinji to bump into Kensuke in episode 4 of NGE. At first Anno rejected the idea, but then agreed to the reasons for the change. So those changes were made.

Hm, I don't think I've ever heard that. Where's that claim from?

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Re: Evangelion 2.0 CRC: Tsurumaki Interview

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:18 pm

I've asked Rikki to translate the missing Parts 3, 8, 9, 10 and 12 from Tsurumaki's interview.

Part 3: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/rikki/evan ... ews-part-3

Part 8: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/rikki/evan ... ews-part-8

Part 9: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/rikki/evan ... ews-part-9

Part 12: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/rikki/evan ... ws-part-12

Will edit with the rest when it gets done. (done)

Please consider sending them a few dollars if you can!
Last edited by FelipeFritschF on Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RussianRiz
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RussianRiz » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:51 pm

Excellent news! I have already updated the CRC page with due credits to her.

Thanks!

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:35 pm

Rikki, as always, being awesome. Thanks!
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:51 am

I'll put this here as it is the most recent 2.0 CRC thread.

Distopia Evangelion reports that Italian publisher Panini is release the 1.0 and 2.0 CRC, complete, translated in Italian. This is of course far more easily accessible than the Japanese originals and AFAIK there is no other Western release. Panini has also released other Evangelion supplementary material in other languages, including in French and Portuguese.

SPOILER: Show

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:00 pm

Time to put my JP CRC on eBay then.

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:36 pm

This means that there'll be an Italian-language version of the 1.0 and 2.0 CRC, but no English-language version? That's interesting, I would assume the English-language market for anything Evangelion is much larger than the Italian market and that publishers would respond accordingly—but I guess not!

Axx°N N.
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Axx°N N. » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:17 pm

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:This means that there'll be an Italian-language version of the 1.0 and 2.0 CRC, but no English-language version? That's interesting, I would assume the English-language market for anything Evangelion is much larger than the Italian market and that publishers would respond accordingly—but I guess not!

You'd be surprised! I recall that Tomino's Daitarn 3 was more popular in Italy than in Japan, meanwhile it was never aired in America (or in English at all, iirc).
Après moi le déluge!

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:51 pm

Europeans really love anime as much as Latin Americans I suppose... It's a mainstream thing, unlike in the US.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:08 pm

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:This means that there'll be an Italian-language version of the 1.0 and 2.0 CRC, but no English-language version? That's interesting, I would assume the English-language market for anything Evangelion is much larger than the Italian market and that publishers would respond accordingly—but I guess not!

There are French and Italian releases for Evangelion Chronicle, Newtype 100% and a whole bunch of other official Eva material. The spin-offs too. The English speaking market is actually far behind other Western ones. This is something I always bring up, in the 90s you had the unprofessional ADV dub circulating in bootleg VHSs, and anime wouldn't become really mainstream until the 2010s. In Europe and LatAm you had a well established localization industry and anime was huge since the 80s. Eva was on public television, dubbed, in the 90s in many countries. You also didn't have to deal with the innacuracies and creative liberties ADV/Manga had with their localizations. No brain splatter FX.

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:48 pm

The data here shows that the number of first-language English speakers is over 2.5 times larger than that of first-language French and Italian speakers combined! Wonder if the (relatively) huge anglosphere will ever catch up in fandom size so that we can get good translations too.

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:20 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:Europeans really love anime as much as Latin Americans I suppose... It's a mainstream thing, unlike in the US.

Europe also has a flourishing comics scene, whereas the American comics industry is being kept on life support to justify shitty superhero movies. Traditionally, comics and animation has never been taken seriously here.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”