[News] 2014 News (NO POLITICS)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Hello, NSA!
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:48 pm

It's too late. The house is theirs now.

Look at the related stories.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-28755827

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-10871240

It's happening.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:08 am

This is beyond stupid and devoid of common sense.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tweet-showing-ways-kids-fun-gun-range-removed-article-1.1919731

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:27 am

In order to be purchased, that Uzi had/has to be on a list of transferrable firearms (no full auto weapon manufactured after 1986 can be legally transferred to a civilian) and registered with the ATF. The owner had to secure a tax stamp from the ATF, which in turn requires a much more extensive background check than an ordinary firearms transfer, including submitting a photograph and fingerprints. Additionally, most states have laws in place to regulate NFA (National Firearms Act) weapons (fully automatic machine guns, short barreled rifles and shotguns under sixteen inches for the barrel and under twenty-four inches over all, suppressors, and destructive devices like grenades or grenade launchers. Fun fact: You can own a Thumper like Arnie uses in T2, but you have to buy the tax stamp and go through the transfer process for each individual genade)

On top of that, it probably cost at least $15,000. The only NFA machine gun I've ever seen in person was a Thompson, for sale at a gun show (yes, to purchase it you would have to do all of the above, the so-called gun show loophole only covers person to person transfers of non-NFA firearms under highly specific circumstances) and was on sale for $86,000, plus all the taxes and fees.

More than likely, the firearm belonged to the gun range itself- trusts and corporations are allowed to own NFA firearms, subject to the same requiremente, or the range could be run by a licensed gun dealer who must submit to even more stringent background tests, record keeping rules and inspection requirements, but would be allowed to freely purchase and own NFA weapons and devices, having already passed said extensive background check.

I say all this because anyone who says you can go into a corner gun store and buy an Uzi or implies that these weapons are in any way in common ownership or use doesn't know what they're talking about. You can buy a gun that looks like an Uzi at a gun store, if you are 21 years old and pass all of the regular background checks, including state, any local licensing requirements, and the FBI instant check system. You will, however, be buying a really big and block pistol that's functionally no different from any other semi-automatic pistol.

That instructor's death was a tragedy, but this is solely the fault of people who should have known better and is basically a freak accident caused by negligence.

A problem here is that the NRA's gun safety programs for children are highly effective and this will be used to paint them as an indoctrination program for young killbots.
the prophecy is true

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby movieartman » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:06 pm

Random internet Stranger___OMG DUDE IT'S THE FAPPENING IT'S HAPPENING NOW BRO!
Me___wait so which celeb had nudes released?
Random Internet stranger___

- http://www.reddit.com/r/TheFappening/comments/2f44n0/new_celeb_leaked_pics_all_in_one_place/

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:14 pm

Looking at those leaked pictures is a gross invasion of privacy and I would never ever do it, not ever.

However, my friend looked at them and said J-Law's ass is out of this universe.
the prophecy is true

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:46 pm

I don't think that any of these people should be judged negatively due to those photos, it's just a natural progression of sexuality in the 21st century. Of course, conservatives will inevitably start the slut-shaming bandwagon as they always tend to do.

This is also why I will probably never engage in sexting. I know I'm no target, but all this does is drive the paranoia through the roof.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:54 pm

OH MY GOD
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby movieartman » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:48 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:I don't think that any of these people should be judged negatively due to those photos

Absolutely agree.
Nothing wrong with it at all. Many of them Seem genuinely happy to be in the positions they are in.

I 100% agree it's a wrong invasion of privacy I just think if a hundred 1000 people are going to see and enjoy them anyways I might was well seem them also. One person having restraint is useless at this point.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:48 am

This is the point where I'm happy to be able to say "who are these people and why should I care?"
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:17 am

Hot girls with big tits and fine asses. That is also why you should care.
the prophecy is true

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:03 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:This is the point where I'm happy to be able to say "who are these people and why should I care?"

Likewise.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:07 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Hot girls with big tits and fine asses.
Those are a dime a dozen, and I usually find the conventions of Hollywood style "beauty" to be fairly unattractive. Also, it wasn't until about 4 hours ago that I discovered that people weren't talking about Jude Law in this context.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:41 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Those are a dime a dozen,

Teach me your ways that I might journey to this land of milk and honey you call home and dwell there till the end of my days.
the prophecy is true

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:50 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:this land of milk and honey you call home
It's called the internet.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:12 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:It's called the internet.

Oh, no. I'm not falling for that one again.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:26 pm

What might be more interesting is the possible disgruntled inside job hack that exposed all of those emails. So far, everyone's been made hush-hush about it.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Details? Reddit is claiming that 4chan posted screens of a secret celebrity trading ring that's supposed to have vast numbers of images that haven't been leaked. Supposedly one of their members decided to sell the pictures for bitcoin tips from /b and that's how the whole thing started.
the prophecy is true

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:00 pm

I don't know the details of why they were posted, but there's speculation in the infosec world of how they were obtained in the first place, that being someone from the inside that already had access to those emails or photo galleries. Much like the gigantic JP Morgan fiasco, it could have been happening for months or years and nobody knew.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”