Girl Scout Cookies

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:14 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:I'm almost certain i'm going to regret asking this but... Safety reasons? What could possibly happen to Girl Scouts in door-to-door selling for them to be dissuaded by safety reasons? And i thought they usually went with an adult? Don't get me wrong, i don't think you're lying at all or anything like that, i'm just... Surprised, that's all.

Well good sir. There are many ways to answer your question. Yes, in some areas they did go out with an adult, but in some cities it's not required. Unfortunately americans are not as tolerant as they used to be with door to door sales...even if they are just children. There's also the issue with traffic accidents. The rate of hit and runs against children is on the rise.

And the LAST thing we need is some unsuspecting child to find the house of sexual predator( some counties do not mandate sharing the knowlege of sex offenders in the neighborhood)

Thats why you'll only see them set up in public places like grocery stores and malls. And some parents just offer to sell their kids cookies at work, which to be honest is where the make the most money.
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:58 am

Moonwolf spelled out a lot of the problems on why you don't see Girl Scouts/Brownies going door to door too much anymore. It's not restricted per say but highly discouraged as the US is not as safe as it used to be for the girls. (Slight stipulation to this is different troupes have different rules depending on their location.)

And if they do go out a parent needs to be with every girl/group of girls, not just one chaperone for the whole troupe while they split up and campus a neighborhood. To tell you the truth if you see a girl scout selling cookies door to door it's because A) you are living in a upper middle class (or better) neighborhood with low crime or B) they are your neighbor's kids. And in either case Mom or Dad is standing very close by if not right behind them. Also don't invite them in the house unless you are ready to invite the parent in as well, the girls are not allowed to be out of sight for any period of time.

The financial aspect is also a big part to why they don't go door to door anymore. In eight hours at a mall/campus/grocery store they can sell more cookies than the whole troupe would going door to door.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 pm

EEEEFING SAMOAS ARE THE SHITTTTT! :rageface:
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 pm

^This legit made me lol

View Original PostHunter21 wrote:The financial aspect is also a big part to why they don't go door to door anymore. In eight hours at a mall/campus/grocery store they can sell more cookies than the whole troupe would going door to door.

Not to mention going door to door they hit up folks for cookies just once, but setting up camp at a market they can get the same person buying boxes multiple times (I know I do).
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Yes, my inner feelings on cookies are extreme. -_-
Interesting Quote:
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:38 pm

View Original Postmoonwolf2024 wrote:Well good sir. There are many ways to answer your question. Yes, in some areas they did go out with an adult, but in some cities it's not required. Unfortunately americans are not as tolerant as they used to be with door to door sales...even if they are just children. There's also the issue with traffic accidents. The rate of hit and runs against children is on the rise.

And the LAST thing we need is some unsuspecting child to find the house of sexual predator (Some counties do not mandate sharing the knowlege of sex offenders in the neighborhood)

Huh, i admit some of those things are quite a surprise, specially the comment of "Unfortunately americans are not as tolerant as they used to be with door to door sales...even if they are just children.", again i would like to reiterate that i don't think anyone is lying, but it almost like i'm reading something from another world, i mean, it's not like they would attack the children or anything (i assume) so in which way are they intolerant that it's so bad? And the thing with traffic accidents is pretty bizarre and sad.

Moonwolf spelled out a lot of the problems on why you don't see Girl Scouts/Brownies going door to door too much anymore. It's not restricted per say but highly discouraged as the US is not as safe as it used to be for the girls. (Slight stipulation to this is different troupes have different rules depending on their location.)

In the underlined text, do you refer specifically to high scout girls? And would you mind me asking what has changed in the US for it to not that safe for the girls as it used to be? That's a topic that has been of some interest to me for quite a while.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Higher rate of sexual crimes.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:07 pm

That's really the main problem. There are a lot of sexual predators out there. Don't know why but its gotten worse in the past couple years. And the traffic accidents are probably number two on the list. I hear about kids AND adults getting hit all the time. It really is sad.

And the door to door thing really depends on the neighborhood. Some communities have strict rules against door to door sales and some don't mind. Its just better to put then in front of a store where there's nothing to worry about.
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Lol dont think I have ever tried girls scout cookies...chips ahoy FTW :D
*sigh* just kill me already.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:37 am

TRYYY THE SAMOA"S!!!!!!!
THEY ARE LIKE CRACKKKKK!!!
:rageface:
Oh my god guys, I am so sorry. =/
I cannot seem to control my cookie related outbursts in this thread. =/
Interesting Quote:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Why all the rage faces?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Samoas make me sexually angry. Its the fat 15 year old inside of me trying to come back. =P
Interesting Quote:

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:20 pm

You better be careful.....i dont wanna see you on an episode of Intervention :pwnd:

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Too late, I was on there last month when they caught me snorting cookie dough in the bathroom at work.
Interesting Quote:

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:10 pm

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/26626680.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Close, just no lighter and i am not blue...........
yet anyway.
Interesting Quote:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:20 pm

View Original Postmoonwolf2024 wrote:[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/26626680.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

NO.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”