Eva 2.0 offically licensed by Funimation.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:53 pm

View Original PostSun Stealer wrote:I liked the covers of 1.01 and 1.11; they were classy. I hope they don't do anything like have a picture of a scantily clad Rei or Asuka on the cover of 2.22 or future releases.

Oh, God no! That would get me fired from so many child care and youth drama jobs if I owned something with that on the cover.

"Is that a half-naked 14-year-old girl on the cover? Don't you direct 14-year-old girls in the church's youth drama? Hmm......"

No.

Though, I don't see why they would stray from the whole Eva Unit theme that Funimation heavily used to publicize their U.S. rights ownership. Using anything else wouldn't be as readily recognizable in their string of merchandising.

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:59 pm

The cover for 1.11 is boring as fuck. They better get something cooler for 2.22.

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:15 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Oh, God no! That would get me fired from so many child care and youth drama jobs if I owned something with that on the cover.

"Is that a half-naked 14-year-old girl on the cover? Don't you direct 14-year-old girls in the church's youth drama? Hmm......"

No.

Though, I don't see why they would stray from the whole Eva Unit theme that Funimation heavily used to publicize their U.S. rights ownership. Using anything else wouldn't be as readily recognizable in their string of merchandising.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ContemptibleCover

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:22 pm

View Original PostNonoriri wrote:The cover for 1.11 is boring as fuck. They better get something cooler for 2.22.

Hey, for the record I like the cover of 1.11! :fighter:
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:35 am

the entire packaging for the US 1.11 DVD is shiny

the cover looks boring when seen online, but in person, the shiny is awe-inspiring
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”