You think there's never going to be Asuka/Shinji ?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

You think there's never going to be Asuka/Shinji [SPOILERS]?

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Just wondering if you guys had any input on whther or not you thought Anno and his crack team were going to leave in a kiss sequence with Shinji and Asuka or not.

I don't know... I don't think it would be the same if they did. Very pivotal event in Eva history there.

Edit: Sorry about not putting spoilers the first time
Last edited by DEMOLITION D+ on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Fate of Destruction, is Also the Joy of Rebirth

Kaji has cute melons.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:24 pm

It's unneeded. The story isn't following the same path. I'd be surprised if with all the madness that'll go on in 3.0 and 4.0 if Shinji & Asuka even have two scenes together.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:26 pm

I don't think so, considering Rebuild's lean towards Rei/Shinji. But because Asuka didn't get as much development as they could, it might be a good way to get her closer to Shinji, but with 3.0 possibly being a big, mad-cap finale, it might not be high on Anno's priority list.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: So... You think they're going to nerf the Asuka/Shinji k

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:44 pm

DEMOLITION D+ wrote:Just wondering if you guys had any input on whther or not you thought Anno and his crack team were going to leave in a kiss sequence with Shinji and Asuka or not.

No. At this point it would feel completely forced. Very wild things would have to be pulled with the narrative for it to make sense.

I'm actually hoping for a quick reconcilation scene between Asuka and Shinji.
A sort of "Yeah, whatever, lets just get over it." type of thing.

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:52 pm

yeah, i think if they were planning on adding it, they would've done so already. adding it in now doesn't really make much sense-- we're way past the "right" point for it, if there was any in rebuild. besides, since Asuka's not interested in Kaji in this incarnation, it would probably come out feeling all kinds of forced anyway. :look:

it was pivotal in NGE, i guess ;) but both characters are very different in rebuild. what works for one doesn't necessarily work for the other.

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

Re: So... You think they're going to nerf the Asuka/Shinji k

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:24 pm

SaltyJoe wrote:
DEMOLITION D+ wrote:Just wondering if you guys had any input on whther or not you thought Anno and his crack team were going to leave in a kiss sequence with Shinji and Asuka or not.

No. At this point it would feel completely forced. Very wild things would have to be pulled with the narrative for it to make sense.

I'm actually hoping for a quick reconcilation scene between Asuka and Shinji.
A sort of "Yeah, whatever, lets just get over it." type of thing.

I know, that's why I made this thread :(

Because it is over apparent that they are going to leave it out. Kind of saddening if you ask me.

Kaji has cute melons.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:02 pm

From where we are at the moment, it looks like we're more likely to have some Asuka/Kaworu action -- which would please me greatly, should it arise. By now we are so far off the nominal canon that all bets are off.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:05 pm

I say if there is a kiss scene between Shinji and Asuka, it would be another subversion of something in the series: This time around, Shinji initiates the kiss instead of Asuka. (Perhaps once they reunite post-9th Angel madness?)

But whether or not there actually will be a kiss, it's hard to say. There is a good chance Rebuild can end with them as a couple, but again, who knows at this point.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:From where we are at the moment, it looks like we're more likely to have some Asuka/Kaworu action --

YYEEESSSSS!!!!!!!

I've been hoping for that since pre-2.0 release!!!!

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 pm

It certanly won't happen the same way now, but given what's happened it only makes sense that they'll have to deal with each other when they meet again.

spoiler(was this thread always tagged spoiler?) Asuka's Bardiel song did allude to meeting again, and Shinji having "killed" her was certainly one of the things that pushed him into he EoE state by Zeruel...I can't see them having a happy reunion when they meet but that subplot seems to have already been built up.
But this would be going by the assumption that Shinji comes back in Q, and by what we've seen there's no sign of him or Rei (asides from the clones), so perhaps all their interaction would take place in instrumentality.
Plus asides from the potential for a painful loss it seems that Shinji's relation with Rei has been fully developed so a desperate Shinji clinging to the one he hurt [size=8](he didn't really but I'm sure he feels that he did something terrible to Asuka)wouldn't be ill fitting.[/size]

Mr. Tines wrote:From where we are at the moment, it looks like we're more likely to have some Asuka/Kaworu action -- which would please me greatly, should it arise. By now we are so far off the nominal canon that all bets are off.
But Kaworu can't stop talking about making Shinji happy so unless if angelic contamination or wounded kittens interest him he'll probably spend his time pacing around Yui.
Last edited by Synapsid on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:10 pm

Uh, all we have of Q is the Next Time Preview (which gives us the same vague "Here's what happens in order" information the 2.0 Next Time Preview did), so whether or not Shinji and Reil will come back yet nobody knows.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:15 pm

Maybe, just maybe:

SPOILER: Show
Shinji really DID kill Asuka in 2.0 and the song alluding to "We'll meet again" means the Angel Bardiel has taken over Asuka's soul and psyche so essentially Shinji does "Meet them again" only it's Bardiel the Angel in Asuka's body, and not Asuka herself.
Just another case of garden variety fanwanking from yours truly.

As for the kiss, like I said before, if it were to happen it would just be another case of misguided and unnecessary fan service that would be detrimental to the plot. There's no real reason for it so far

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:16 pm

@Sailor Star Dust
Ah, that's true, but it seemed to convey the impression that they aren't going to focus on them, and since Ritsuko was talking about loosing them it's possible that Shinji might not be physically present in Q... and the clones really do fit into Rei's talk about "replacements". :sweatdrop:
Gendo'sPapa wrote:Maybe, just maybe:

SPOILER: Show
Shinji really DID kill Asuka in 2.0 and the song alluding to "We'll meet again" means the Angel Bardiel has taken over Asuka's soul and psyche so essentially Shinji does "Meet them again" only it's Bardiel the Angel in Asuka's body, and not Asuka herself.
Just another case of garden variety fanwanking from yours truly.
I don't know if she'd have to be dead, but Asukael would certanly be another way to torture Shinji, and hammer in what happened some more...that said I can't see any kiss attempt happening out side of some sort of preinstrumentality desperation. Or perhaps it could be Asukael trying to taint him too...Ah now I really can't keep myself from pointing to LiLi's "ghost" Asuka artwork
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:45 pm

schismatics wrote:
Mr. Tines wrote:From where we are at the moment, it looks like we're more likely to have some Asuka/Kaworu action --

YYEEESSSSS!!!!!!!

I've been hoping for that since pre-2.0 release!!!!

What is WRONG with you people!?!?!?

Kaji has cute melons.

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:47 pm

I think whatever happens with Asuka has to be melodramatic. She and Shinji quietly reconciling after Bradi is something that would never happen in the Evaverse.

Her unrequited crush on Shinji was a big part of her arc in 2.0, so something will probably happen there. Maybe yandere rampage or Kaworu-style self-sacrifice.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:06 pm

I'm sure there will be a kiss and some further bonding between Asuka and Shinji. This is Anno we're talking about. He loves triangles.

Barong
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Barong » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:13 pm

backseatjesus wrote:I'm sure there will be a kiss and some further bonding between Asuka and Shinji. This is Anno we're talking about. He loves triangles.

3.0 will probably turn out to be a massive orgy taken completely out of context and will forever be remembered as Annos most satisfying work.
and he who forgets will be destined to remember

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:16 pm

No. Shinji doesn't seem as into Asuka in RoE than he did in NGE. If he was into Asuka in RoE the same way he was in NGE he'd probably go completely batshit after Unit-01 chomped the entry plug. He was the same way as NGE when it was Toji.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:25 pm

@PRPD
Ah but he did: from what we saw in LiLi’s translations it seems that having “killed” her made him loose all interest in protecting others from the angels or even in what happened. Shin already knew that if Zeruel reached the dogma all of them would die but It took watching Rei be swallowed to throw him into his EoE suicide charge...where he also didn’t care that all of them would die.

That said I can’t see any fluff, If Shinji does comes back it won’t be a pleasant reunion, but instead something akin to meeting a ghost.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:43 pm

DEMOLITION D+ wrote:What is WRONG with you people!?!?!?
I'm sorry, I don't see any problem here.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”