[MANGA] [NGE] How will it end? Give ME Rei's severed arm!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Wed May 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Defectron wrote:Anyway personally I wouldnt mind ShinjixMisato that much, although personally I think Misato could do better then Shinji....but hey Kajis dead so whats she gonna do?

Kaji is clearly shown in Instrumentality in Ep. 26, and is thus elegible for reembodiment.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed May 04, 2005 6:48 pm

Kaji is clearly shown in Instrumentality in Ep. 26, and is thus elegible for reembodiment

Now that I think about it penpen was also in instrumentality. You know what would be really funny, if penpen had a psychological analyzation sequence like all the other characters when he went into instrumentality. If I ever get the urge to write a weird eva fic, that's probably what it would be about.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Wed May 04, 2005 10:46 pm

Defectron wrote:
Kaji is clearly shown in Instrumentality in Ep. 26, and is thus elegible for reembodiment

Now that I think about it penpen was also in instrumentality. You know what would be really funny, if penpen had a psychological analyzation sequence like all the other characters when he went into instrumentality. If I ever get the urge to write a weird eva fic, that's probably what it would be about.

Yeah, all the fish he ever ate could show up and call him "murderer".
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu May 05, 2005 1:34 am

But... the fish were already dead by the time Pen^2 got to them. :P
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu May 05, 2005 3:23 pm

Reichu wrote:But... the fish were already dead by the time Pen^2 got to them.

That doesn't matter. It still weighs on the subconscious. Even wise lil' Lisa Simpson began to fall victim to sins she herself did not commit:

"You won't eat our meat, yet you glue with our feet."

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu May 05, 2005 10:21 pm

This makes me remember something I was thinking during a trip through the algey vally when tripping on hospital's happy pills. What stereotypes of common anime Eva has? I thought of the harem and mecha type. Anything else?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu May 05, 2005 10:25 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:This makes me remember something I was thinking during a trip through the algey vally when tripping on hospital's happy pills. What stereotypes of common anime Eva has? I thought of the harem and mecha type. Anything else?

Women with odd hair color, odd loveable pet, child living on their own and take care of them selves relitively well, and mind fuck ending.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri May 06, 2005 12:08 am

odd loveable pet

Whats really funny is that gainax is the only anime company( besides Ghiblie of course) that can make animal mascot characters that I actually like. I mean if it were any other anime the best I could do is tolerate the presence of an animal character like Ryohki for example. Or worse curse their very existence like I do with pikachu and especially hamtaro.

But what's simply amazing is that I dont think theres a single gainax animal mascot I dislike. I mean I really liked ebichu, given my history with hamtaro I didn't think it would be possible for me to ever like an anime hamster but Ebichu ended up being one of my fave characters. I also like penpen and that parrot from melody of oblivion. Hell even that deformed aligator thing from the woefully awful gainax anime "He is my master" was fun, that aligator was about the only thing I liked about that show.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Fri May 06, 2005 12:33 pm

Dave wrote:He was speaking metaphorically. Humanity needs the future in the sense that we need something to look foward too, we need hope.

Don't forget Misato's opinion on why Kaworu allowed himself to be killed--in the end, he had less will to live than Shinji. This could be consistent with Kaworu's own explanation, but it's interesting she would phrase it in a more personal way. The irony is that since Misato's job was not only to fight the Angels but direct the Children, she had the opportunity to view Shinji and Kaworu in the same balance. It makes the ending of #24 even more startling than the first time.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Fri May 06, 2005 2:19 pm

Carl Horn wrote:Don't forget Misato's opinion on why Kaworu allowed himself to be killed--

Misato was wrong; it is not at all consistent with Kaworu's explanation. Hell even Shinji knew she was wrong.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Xanatose
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Xanatose » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:19 am

It could certainly be said that Misato was correct. Kaoru did have less of a desire for life, as evidenced by his lack luster approuch to merging with Lillith, who he thought was Adam at the time. He seemed deeply sympathetic towards those wacky lillim and was verbally expressing self doubt. "Must those born of Adam return to Adam" blah blah blah. However, it seems to be only one of several factors that led him to his final decision.

It seemed to me that Misato was once again projecting, as she often did throughout the series. One final time, she voiced an opinion that reflected her personal feelings -- in this case, hatred for the angels -- without regard for the feelings of those around her. At that final moment, she seemed to represent everyone who would never understand the level of friendship Kaoru and Shinji had, because they hadn't witnessed it first hand.

That said, there can be only one way to end the manga...

Shinji comes back, finds Asuka, and the two make their way down a lonely beach together... and come upon Kaoru's head. ;_;

...not that head, fangirls! o__O
Kaji: Commander Ikari, I've come to give you mysterious objects and say cryptic things.

Gendo: Excellent work, my impish little toadie.
- Toastyfrog's Thumbnail Theater

I'm not a mod any more! The pressure to constantly monitor in lurk mode is gone! The dust cloud you see is me in hasty retreat.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:15 am

Xanatose wrote:That said, there can be only one way to end the manga...

Shinji comes back, finds Asuka, and the two make their way down a lonely beach together... and come upon Kaoru's head. ;_;

I like this ending..^_^

Btw is volume 10 being progressed? Any new stage maybe?
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:31 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:

I like this ending..^_^

I like this idea too!
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:21 pm

DatDude wrote:
the_seventh_child wrote:

I like this ending..^_^

I like this idea too!

Yes, that would go a long way towards redeeming the manga. Manga Kaworu must DIE!!!
I am all there is.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:15 pm

Well I don't dislike manga kaworu like most of you , but it'd be damn funny if this happened, I can just imagine Asuka walking down the beach, and she steps on something odd and squish, its dark so she can't see what it is, so she bends down and takes closer look then after a moment of silence we hear an ear piercing scream.

That would be so incredibly awful and wrong, but for some reason the ideas pretty funny to me. Maybe someone should write a fanfic where Asuka finds kaworus severed head :o

Xanatose
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Xanatose » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:12 am

thewayneiac wrote:Yes, that would go a long way towards redeeming the manga. Manga Kaworu must DIE!!!

You make Kaworu fanboys cry. ;-;

...I know of some... ;_;

...I met one... ;_;

...Fine, I was looking in the mirror. Forget you guys! ((((((( ;T_T)
Kaji: Commander Ikari, I've come to give you mysterious objects and say cryptic things.

Gendo: Excellent work, my impish little toadie.
- Toastyfrog's Thumbnail Theater

I'm not a mod any more! The pressure to constantly monitor in lurk mode is gone! The dust cloud you see is me in hasty retreat.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:33 am

Xanatose wrote:
thewayneiac wrote:Yes, that would go a long way towards redeeming the manga. Manga Kaworu must DIE!!!

And fangirls! :cry:
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

TsubasaNoKoikokoro
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TsubasaNoKoikokoro » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:14 am

I'd prefer if anime Kaworu didn't die and hence manga to.

sachiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:31 pm

Darkbyte wrote:I'd prefer if anime Kaworu didn't die and hence manga to.

But...that'd change everything.

That's like...a MAJOR scene. I don't hate Kaworu, but I don't love him either (unlike most female Eva fans XD), but I definetly think his death was an important part of the series.
i AM the internets.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:47 pm

Xanatose wrote:

...I know of some... ;_;

...I met one... ;_;

...Fine, I was looking in the mirror. Forget you guys! ((((((( ;T_T)

Or you make some of laugh in joy.

Plus to pass the time Shinji and Asuka can have some fun and kick his head around a bit. I am sure both of them would find this an entertaining past time.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”