Evangelion: Jo Rebuild game (PS2 & PSP)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:35 pm

It's region-free on a PSP. For it to work on a PS2, you'd have to use a slide card, is where :google: comes in. Hope that helps.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:42 pm

i might need to buy a new PS2 anyway cause mine is a 8-year old one, he still works but time is taking it's toll,
and as i don't play on my PS2 anymore cause i have an Xbox 360 now i might consider to buy a new JP-PS2 for EVA-games only :nyao: the damn thing just costs about 130 dollars so not realy a big deal, but i will check on the Slide Card anyway,

thanks a lot!
"My awesome awesomness is so awesome that no other awesome awesomness in the entire awesome universe of awesome awesomness is that awesome!" - the guy who said it (i was)
"when i ask my girlfriend to act and behave more like Asuka, and she slaps me in the face, does that mean she agrees?" - I_Love_Asuka
"I'm here to love my Asuka and kick ass! and i'm all out of ass..." - rip off of LittleKuriboh
"For someone called "i_Love_Asuka" your pretty hard core" - Defectron
"sorry, i prefer i_Love_Asuka, he's a real man!" - Soljer13

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:56 pm

just found this while haunting Amazon.jp

'nother PS2 game 'bout EVA coming out one 30th july 2009.

i has no idea what it is all about cause i don't speak Japanese (yet!)(no, seriously, i'm learning it)

here is the site link if you want to check it out yourself,
it comes with some sort of "special box" with pencils and a 2 Ramiel Key-chains
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0028RZ6RU/ref=s9_simb_gw_xu_s0_p63_i3?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1YVQ5TE5FM9NVAB5D3QA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463376756&pf_rd_i=489986

EDIT: i just want to add that i'm totally going to buy that!
"My awesome awesomness is so awesome that no other awesome awesomness in the entire awesome universe of awesome awesomness is that awesome!" - the guy who said it (i was)
"when i ask my girlfriend to act and behave more like Asuka, and she slaps me in the face, does that mean she agrees?" - I_Love_Asuka
"I'm here to love my Asuka and kick ass! and i'm all out of ass..." - rip off of LittleKuriboh

Barong
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Barong » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Hmm, for the sake of completion I'm considering to get that as well, though I will have my problems understanding it, too. But I'm sure some transcripts will be upped by some of our Japanese speaking friends sooner or later.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Please remember not to double-post in the future.

Anyway, what you linked to is the PS2 port of the new Evangelion Pachinko game that features Kaworu and Operation Yashima: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=5952

Hope that helps.

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Please remember not to double-post in the future.

Anyway, what you linked to is the PS2 port of the new Evangelion Pachinko game that features Kaworu and Operation Yashima: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=5952

Hope that helps.

sorry for the double post, i'm not double posting cause i want to piss you of, i just want to tell if i have something to tell, just thought i might have found something new and intresting, now it's just intresting...

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:49 pm

K I beat the game

SPOILER: Show
After Succesfully defeating the MP Evas, third impact is averted. Rei revives everyone that gets killed in EoE, tangifies the JSSDF troops, finds Shinji in his eva, gets in, has a heart to heart talk with him, and in the end we see gendo talking to fuyutsuki that Impact is failed and its time to move on. The Scene closes with Shinji walking hand in hand with Rei as the text appears THANK YOU MOTHER THANK YOU FATHER appears. If you fail to defeat the MP evas you get EoE.

Making Asuka go head over heels with you does not change the outcome. so HA! Viva le ShinjixRei!
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Well that's a crock sounds like lazy game design to me.
I'm an A/S shipper and Soryu and Shikinami are one in the same.

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Yeah kinda because
If atleast you could get alternate endings with each of the ladies that would be more interesting and give you incentive for a second or more playthroughs

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Truly unless this is telling us something about Rebuild though, it's probably not the first Eva game that only had a S/R ending. Still it wouldn't stop me from playing it even though i'm AsukaXShinji.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:28 pm

I love the ShinjixRei thing even though none of my friends do. I think its cute and it seems to make Shinji happy and that is always good.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:29 pm

To each his own.
Honestly even though i'm a A/S shipper i have nothing against Rei or the whole R/S relationship for that matter (putting my bias and the possible incest aside). And i'm glad Shinji was happy in the game but i don't like the implication that it's impossible for Asuka and Shinji to be happy unless the world's ending that is, but anyway lack of multiple endings is a disappointment.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:10 pm

soljerameelguy: I really hope you mixed up your games because what you just described is the Best End (as well as the Bad End with EoE happening) for Shinji's first scenario (Angel Attack) in Evangelion2 Another Cases.

Could somebody else confirm or deny this? If that REALLY is Evangelion: Jo's end, then WOW Bandai Namco got extremely fucking lazy. >_<

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Well on the incest thing...since all humanity are Liliths decendants were kinda all commiting incest no materr who we sleep with. And if your religeous its kinda lso the same.

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Oh i'm not religious but i see your point. ^_^
SSD wrote:Could somebody else confirm or deny this? If that REALLY is Evangelion: Jo's end, then WOW Bandai Namco got extremely fucking lazy.
Here's something read the end of the file. http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/959228/57078

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:25 am

LAME!! Calling this a watered down Eva2 is right! :explode: (Unless diffrent characters can check on Shinji with the end???)

"You ran out of ink too didn't you, ya bastards!"

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:52 am

@SSD My sentiments exactly. :clap: Though maybe whoever Shinji is paired with is decided by specific interactions, i mean you could have good relations with all the characters but a specific choice at some point in the game could decide everything.

Also are there any known differences between the PS2 and PSP version's of Jo like there was in Evangelion 2 Another Cases?

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 am

@SSD

I have a seperate save WAY back before EoE(around Bardiel) and I have a good relationship status with Asuka(BLushes instantly upon talking to her and she kisses Shinji) but its all for naught. I beat the game again and got the same ending. But a friend of mine says there are some key events inbetween battles where you can talk to the characters and slightly influence the outcome. I only new that Touji had one where you spoke to him and gained a permanent extra 10% for your AT field(sounds little but it helps), so Im getting reading for my 2nd full playthrough and Im gonna see what happens If I ingnore Rei's existance(so mean xD) and completly fawn over Asuka at all times.

ACHTUNG! For those who plan to get this game anyway, or are playing it and whant a good relationship with Asuka, DO NOT talk to her more than 2 times when in Alert Mode(when your about to fight an angel) Doing so pisses her off and drops your relationship a couple of points!

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:42 pm

@soljerameelguy I figured there would be certain key events that decide the overall outcome. Let us know when you're done sounds like there may still be alternate endings....

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:12 pm

I'd also like to let you know. that sometimes saving during an angel alert might corupt your save. Im not sure if this is do to me playing a backup ISO file or if it just happens. Speaking of trying both ports. Im gonna restart my game on the PS2 Version since I memorized every little symbol in the menus and now know where to get guns amor and stuff for the Evas. Will post if I see diferences.

But there is one thing Im grateful about this game no more pulling my hair out when the X.O./\ thing appears.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”