Eva 2.0 Trailer 1 (HQ), 2 (Crap)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:07 pm

So it was just the lighting, and 05 is more of a gray/teal color? Well, that's a slight improvement.

(Made that forever ago... Only TRUE fans know what that's from)

:fap:

Okay, not really... it's actually rather boringly repetitive with constant footage reuse and stills that just scroll rather than animate. Hell of a mess too; Nerv should have stocked up on shamwows or something.
Last edited by NemZ on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:08 pm

^wtf?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:10 pm

Maximilian wrote:I really like the fact that there is now some sort of physical control on the... uh... controls.

Those buttons were always there.

More likely satellites or something) attacking Sahaquiel and not Iruel as had been previously mentioned.

The "attacking Sahaquiel instead of Ireul" thing was actually mentioned, too.

Why are we seeing Eva 02's eye like this? I think Reichu mentioned that we saw them in episode 19 originally

No, no, you've got me all wrong.
Reichu wrote:Image Image Image
Eva-03 dropping in to say "hi". The third frame here is a blend of two separate ones; you get to see Eva-03's actual eye (red iris on white) in both. (The coloration is unchanged from the original; it's nice that they've maintained continuity on such a minor detail. In 18, Eva-03's real eyes were visible for a couple of frames, in the shot where her head flies apart in a gory mess.)

(Way to dislodge the tongue, too.)

Eva 5 (right?) attacking it.

Yep, no other Eva would look so insidiously mecha. ...Just what IS Eva-05 doing in this cut?

(Made that forever ago... Only TRUE fans know what that's from)

I still wonder how the hell I ever sat through that entire thing, though.
Last edited by Reichu on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:10 pm

Um, is there an actual HQ trailer out there? Cause the version I've seen (the one out today) is much better quality than the camrip for sure but the last thing I would call it is HQ. HQ would mean we could dissect the shots of Eva-05 down to "Hey, she only has four upper left ribcage bolts while the others have five!"

Maximilian
Adam

Postby Maximilian » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:17 pm

Reichu wrote:Those buttons were always there.

Right, but did we ever see them in use? I don't recall it, at least. I never actually thought they were buttons, more just grips or something.

The "attacking Sahaquiel instead of Ireul" thing was actually mentioned, too.

My bad... But isn't the Earth pretty back there?

No, no, you've got me all wrong.

Yeah... when I realized it was Unit 03 it all fell into place. So between this and the opening shot of crazy 01 and the blood flying everywhere, we can assume that scene is going to be really similar to the original?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:38 pm

Maximilian wrote:Right, but did we ever see them in use? I don't recall it, at least.

Don't think so.

I never actually thought they were buttons, more just grips or something.

The buttons are in front of the levers the pilots hold onto and part of the larger console.

So between this and the opening shot of crazy 01 and the blood flying everywhere, we can assume that scene is going to be really similar to the original?

Hopefully it will be much more violent. :devil: The original sort of comes across as "cheap" rather than "effectively vague" for me. "Here, have some repetitive animation work of Eva-01 doing something violent-looking while we do extreme close-ups or slow environmental pans. After our one major gore shot, plain ol' blood dissociated from its source is good enough for you, right?"
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:51 pm

No TV censors so it shouldn't be a problem. I expect the end of Bardiel will be on lines with EOE brutality to make it effective for a film.

Plus it'll be nice if Anno doesn't pull a "Hey look, Touji's alive." ...Which is something I feel the TV companies might've forced on him considering how quickly Touji is dumped in NGE after the Bardiel incident.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:55 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:No TV censors so it shouldn't be a problem. I expect the end of Bardiel will be on lines with EOE brutality to make it effective for a film.

Plus it'll be nice if Anno doesn't pull a "Hey look, Touji's alive." ...Which is something I feel the TV companies might've forced on him considering how quickly Touji is dumped in NGE after the Bardiel incident.

Meh makin' it extra violent sounds all good to me! :toothy:
As for Toji eh I feel indifferent about him. I wonder though whether he'll get a substantial amount of characterization before he participates in the fateful activation of Unit 03? Will we even care as an audience if he dies?

Good questions to ask.....among a whole ocean of other questions concerning a variety of other varied topics with regards to this film :thumbsup:

Twsa'teotu
Banned

Postby Twsa'teotu » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:24 pm

Electric Sachiel wrote:Yay! A good quality trailer is finally up! :clap:

NAveryW wrote:Somewhat annoying animation error: Asuka's cleavage at 1:06. Hopefully it'll be fixed before the movie's actual release.

Yes Clevage or there lack of, thanks to the animators forgetting to add a crack between her boobs. :toothy:

Repeat viewing proves there is indeed a cleavage line; she's not wearing a bra and she's shifting position, so her right boob, uh, sort of falls back into position as she shifts, resulting in it being obscured by her arm. There's no error, its just how she's positioned.
Question: "who the hell do you think I am?"
Answer: "My name is Mr. Snrub and I come from some place far away....Anyway, I say we invest that money back in the nuclear plant. "
"I like the way Snrub thinks!"

Baz
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Baz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:39 pm

Twsa'teotu wrote:Repeat viewing proves there is indeed a cleavage line; she's not wearing a bra and she's shifting position, so her right boob, uh, sort of falls back into position as she shifts, resulting in it being obscured by her arm. There's no error, its just how she's positioned.

If any of you wieners had ever actually had sex, you would know that a normal, non-augmented female chest shows no cleavage when said female is lying on her back, unless the breasts are somehow compressed. Now, can we cut this cleavage crap, please!

EDIT: None of the emoticons convey my feelings towards people who learn anatomy from barbie dolls and anime...
Last edited by Baz on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Software Error. Press left mouse button to continue.
Guru Meditation #00000004.0000AAC0

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:44 pm

My little insert for now- I think the gloved hand in the second shot belongs to Mari/Whoever Pilots Eva 05. The gloves the same type of green as what's predominantly on the plugsuit.
And I still feel the things on the end of Mari's headband are A10 Nerve clips. They're similar but don't match the ear bits on the Mystery Pilots helmet.

P.S. I made a point about the decreasing cleavage line like two pages ago. She's arching her shoulder back thus removing most pressure that her arm is placing on said cleavage. It's not really an animation glitch.

P.S.S. The Asuka DieHards went nuts when they changed her name to Shikinami. Imagine if they took her breast size down like two cups. They'd go POSTAL!!

..Oh no, I'm a Kaworu now.

Master Raven
Adam

Postby Master Raven » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:53 pm

This nitpicking at Asuka's cleavage is amusing. :P

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:56 pm

Electric Sachiel wrote:Meh makin' it extra violent sounds all good to me! :toothy:

I'm not even that big on violence most of the time... It's just... well... how do I explain...... I don't think anybody wants me to.

Electric Sachiel wrote:Will we even care as an audience if he dies?

They'd have to have a hell of a script to pull it off.

Baz wrote:If any of you wieners had ever actually had sex

:lol:

a normal, non-augmented female chest shows no cleavage when said female is lying on her back, unless the breasts are somehow compressed.

All this time I'd thought that was terribly obvious. Oh, wait...

I guess those male virgins around here who still live at home with mom and maybe a sister or two aren't taking full advantage of the visual resources available. Boys, next time your sister is taking a nap on the couch in a tank top without a bra on, think of what you could learn just by looking! :heehee:

Gendo'sPapa wrote: I think the gloved hand in the second shot belongs to Mari/Whoever Pilots Eva 05.

Yep.

And I still feel the things on the end of Mari's headband are A10 Nerve clips.

It's an "interface headset". "A10 nerve clip" is just some crap somebody made up. (I guess neither they nor anyone who's propagated the term know the bit about the A10 nerve being in the brain stem, which means that clips targeting the nerve would NOT be positioned on the top or even the sides of the head...) Plus the things on her headband are really flat and look suspiciously like ... well ... barrettes.

P.S.S. The Asuka DieHards went nuts when they changed her name to Shikinami. Imagine if they took her breast size down like two cups. They'd go POSTAL!!

It looks like Mari might get to be the "flat" one, to satisfy that particular denomination of fans. (Then, it might just be the suit...)

..Oh no, I'm a Kaworu now.

Well, we're all a little gay/transgender, deep down inside.
Last edited by Reichu on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

LIGHTFIRELT
Adam

Postby LIGHTFIRELT » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Not to flame a certain someone, but honestly how misinformed can you be to make such a ridiculous statement concerning cleavage -_-'

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:09 pm

LIGHTFIRELT wrote:Not to flame a certain someone, but honestly how misinformed can you be to make such a ridiculous statement concerning cleavage -_-'

Well, NAveryW has probably one of the highest Virginity Ratings of all the virgins here (this is based on data made available in a public venue), though I'm not sure how to explain Electric Sachiel agreeing with him.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:23 pm

There isn't an age limit to joining this site. Reading some people's posts I know they haven't yet reached the age where they've even felt a boob. No biggie.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:42 pm

So I'm sitting here with my cosplay bud and we are trying to figure out the whole "chicken head" thing. He said it may be NERVS Train..Conversation went a little like this.

me - What is this thing..Chicken head, maybe if I look upside down...Nope, still chicken head but it looks like its connected to something.

-Kaworu- Maybe its a train

me- NERV has trains, they don't look like a chicken head.

Kaworu- Maybe in space, space trains.

srsly what is that thing!

It seems like it has 3 legs that go down in different directions but very near the ground. I hope my above view works for you.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:05 am

It is most likely the new angel, or possibly a new scene with zeruel after a metamorphosis, as it does have some resemblance face wise. It also appears to be underground and therefore will be what eva 5 will fight, and as said before its moving pretty fast when compared to the lights

btw what program do you guys use to make gifs of clips? I dont want to go into photoshop to do it piece by piece

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:06 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Reading some people's posts I know they haven't yet reached the age where they've even felt a boob.

If that's the case, I hope they at least received expressed breast milk via bottle. (Provided Mom didn't have HIV or something.)

You set yourself up; I am faultless.

Axell wrote:It is most likely the new angel, or possibly a new scene with zeruel after a metamorphosis, as it does have some resemblance face wise.

They're probably just continuing the "face" motif, so the resemblance would just be a "family one". :wink:

btw what program do you guys use to make gifs of clips? I dont want to go into photoshop to do it piece by piece

Well, if you already have Photoshop, you probably have ImageReady. So if you don't feel like getting a simpler alternative (I've never gotten around to it because I love self-torture), you can dump the screenshots to be used for the animation into their own folder, then go to File > Import > Folder as frames. You can try to figure out the rest on your own.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:20 am

Reichu wrote:Well, NAveryW has probably one of the highest Virginity Ratings of all the virgins here (this is based on data made available in a public venue), though I'm not sure how to explain Electric Sachiel agreeing with him.

Well about that. Guess i was a bit how should we say....less prudent then usual at checking my sources. :wink: On closer inspection Asuka does have cleavage for a few seconds that is before she turns over on her back. In fact you can still see a bit of it under her right arm.

Yes i know it should be common sense about boobs showing no cleavage when your lying on your back. Not a manner of just anatomy but also physics! :)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”