Full EVA OP

Over time, notable threads from ANF will be preserved here for the Benefit of All.

Moderators: Ornette, Monk Ed

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Posts: 281
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:52 pm

That's a debatable thing, I mean, Adam not having S^2 if it isn't for the lance. Because:
How did Lillith in EOE get the S^2 system if she hadn't the lance stuck in, but we know the lance had some kind of S^2 effect on her? There are many possibilities:
1-Rei had an S^2 organ, like Kaworu.
2-Lillith already had an S^2 engine and the lance just, somewhat of made it work.
3-Adams Embryo had an S^2 engine passed then to Rei, and the Lillith, wich would mean that Adam has an S^2 organ without having the lance stuck in.


Could you post again your theory about the lance being Adam's S^2 so I could analyze it properly?

Originally posted on: 09-May-2003, 16:11 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael
User avatar
Posts: 925
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:52 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:That's a debatable thing, I mean, Adam not having S^2 if it isn't for the lance. Because:
How did Lillith in EOE get the S^2 system if she hadn't the lance stuck in, but we know the lance had some kind of S^2 effect on her? There are many possibilities:
1-Rei had an S^2 organ, like Kaworu.
2-Lillith already had an S^2 engine and the lance just, somewhat of made it work.
3-Adams Embryo had an S^2 engine passed then to Rei, and the Lillith, wich would mean that Adam has an S^2 organ without having the lance stuck in.


Could you post again your theory about the lance being Adam's S^2 so I could analyze it properly?

Rei/Lilith is utilizing the S^2s of the MP EVAs:
-----------------------------------

SCENE: NERV Command Center

Shigeru:
The Eva series' AT Fields are resonating!

Makoto:
And amplifying further!

Fuyutsuki:
Has the assimilation with Rei begun?

(Eva series take Rei's laughing faces... Shinji/EVA-01 scream and EVA-01's core is exposed... Shinji clutches futilely at the controls)

Shinji: AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Asuka!!! AHHHHHH!!!

Note: "assimilation with Rei". From this point the EVAs (including their S^2s) are functionally a part of Rei.

Originally posted on: 09-May-2003, 16:20 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Posts: 406
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:That's a debatable thing, I mean, Adam not having S^2 if it isn't for the lance.

It is, but its stated that the Lance came from Adam, it seems to be an S2, and sticking it in him woke him back up.

AchtungAffen wrote:Because:
How did Lillith in EOE get the S^2 system if she hadn't the lance stuck in, but we know the lance had some kind of S^2 effect on her? There are many possibilities:
1-Rei had an S^2 organ, like Kaworu.
2-Lillith already had an S^2 engine and the lance just, somewhat of made it work.
3-Adams Embryo had an S^2 engine passed then to Rei, and the Lillith, wich would mean that Adam has an S^2 organ without having the lance stuck in.

1: Unlikely, where would it come from? Rei has no Angel DNA, she is merely Yui, with the Soul of Lilith.

2: I argued this with MDWigs last year, theres no evidence of her ever having one, and it makes more sense for her to have the Fruit of Knowlege only, and for Adam to only posess the Fruit of Life.

3: Thats pretty much the one I think is most likely, that when Adam was reduced to an ambryo, and started to regrow, he grew a new S2. It wouldn't necesarilly mean that the "original" Adam had an S2 without the Lance though



AchtungAffen wrote:Could you post again your theory about the lance being
Adam's S^2 so I could analyze it properly?

I think this is what you mean:

From an old thread of mine:
The Lance of Longinus. What is It? – (Revised)[/u][/b]

First off, assume that the Lance is an S2 –

Evidence, summarised:

1) The Shape, a double helix. S2 = Super Solonoid, a solenoid is a helix, S2 could also stand for 2 helixes, like where the lances 2 prongs meet.
2) The fact that it gives Lilith the energy to regenerate
3) It has the energy to penetrate any AT-Field, a feat requiring a lot of power.


Assuming the Lance is an S2, the question can arise to how was it created. The best explanation follows (Thanks MDWigs for the link to the updated translation by Bochan_bird Image)

Quote: Antarctica 2000AD (Ep 21')
"What about the Lance of Longinus?"
"It's still where it was brought ashore after arriving from the Dead Sea
last week."
"Isn't some processing necessary before taking the Lance underground?
Will it be okay?"
"The physical contact experiment *with the provider*[/u] is scheduled for
the 13th of next month. There's plenty of time for any adjustment."


It's also stated in the “D&R Deluxe movie program” that the Lance was originally found in Antarctica. Putting these 2 things together it appears that the Lance is Adams's S2, that was found with him in Antarctica, taken to the Dead Sea, then returned for the contact experiment.

[b]The Contact Experiment and 2nd Impact[/u]


Right, what did they do?

1) Lance (Adams's S2) stuck in Adam
2) Adam awakes - Things start to go wrong
3) Order given to “Pull Back the Lance”
4) Adam expands an Anti-AT Field, every living thing in the region loses form, and becomes LCL, giving the sea its “red” colour
5) Somehow in the process Adam is reduced to an embryo.

This also touches on the idea that an S2 is one of the things necessary to generate an Anti-AT Field, which I posted evidence for a while back.

Shin-seiki wrote:Rei/Lilith is utilizing the S^2s of the MP EVAs:

Maybe later, but what about when she "wakes up"? She gives off "Pattern Blue", which I've always beleived is caused, at least in part by the S2 (I've got a theory on the patterns, but its got one flaw that I can't sort out -o-Image

Originally posted on: 09-May-2003, 16:28 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Posts: 281
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

2: I argued this with MDWigs last year, theres no evidence of her ever having one, and it makes more sense for her to have the Fruit of Knowlege only, and for Adam to only posess the Fruit of Life.


Still, if Lillith had no S^2.... did she have some sort of umbilical cable?? I think its more reasonable to believe she, same as Adam had an S^2 in order to operate, and more considerin its a source of life.

3: Thats pretty much the one I think is most likely, that when Adam was reduced to an ambryo, and started to regrow, he grew a new S2. It wouldn't necesarilly mean that the "original" Adam had an S2 without the Lance though


Still that's the most logical thing. If Adam's embryo was some sort of spawn or clone of the original Adam, and grew an S^2, the logical thing would be that the original had an S^2 too.

About your theory:
It seems to suggest correctly and logically that the lance is an S^2. Still it does not answer if the lance was the only S^2 Adam could have.

Originally posted on: 09-May-2003, 17:24 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Posts: 406
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:Still, if Lillith had no S^2.... did she have some sort of umbilical cable?? I think its more reasonable to believe she, same as Adam had an S^2 in order to operate, and more considerin its a source of life.

Its not known how Lilith would have had power.
If she had had an S2 though she would have had both the Fruits, making her a god, something which she clearly wasn't, also, the Lance wouldn't have been needed to regnerate her.

MDWigs wrote:I personally don't think Lilith ever had an S2 Engine. It is never explicitly stated whether she has one or now.

In EOE Fuyutsuki makes the following statements, "The Fruit of Life possessed by Angels, And the Fruit of Wisdom possessed by humans..." The children of Adam (ie the Angels) have the Fruit of Life, but not the Fruit of Wisdom. The children of Lilith (ie the Lilim) have the Fruit of Wisdom, not the Fruit of Life. Fruit of Life = S2 Engine. Fruit of Wisdom = Science and reasoning. So back on track, Children inherit attributes from their parents. Thus in my opinion it logically follows that Adam has the Fruit of Life but not the Fruit of Wisdom, while Lilith has the Fruit of Wisdom but not the Fruit of Life.

This links into the more overriding theory of the use of the Lance in Complementation. In EoE Fuyutsuki goes on to say that possessing both the Fruit of Life and the Fruit of Wisdom is reaching a state "like a God".


AchtungAffen wrote:If Adam's embryo was some sort of spawn or clone of the original Adam, and grew an S^2, the logical thing would be that the original had an S^2 too.

Yes, but the originals was the Lance, maybe if the embryo had fully grown, it would have produced a 2nd Lance.

AchtungAffen wrote:Still it does not answer if the lance was the only S^2 Adam could have.

Whats to say he had 2 then?

Originally posted on: 09-May-2003, 17:32 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Posts: 281
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

If she had had an S2 though she would have had both the Fruits, making her a god, something which she clearly wasn't,


How do you know Lillith wasn't? Fuyutsuki talks about the childrens, but not the originals. Remember, Adam was considered a god, and if you take that Fuyutsuki spoke for both Adam and Angels, Adam would have been no angel then, not possesing the fruit of wisdom. Remember, Ritsuko tagged Adam as a god.

Yes, but the originals was the Lance, maybe if the embryo had fully grown, it would have produced a 2nd Lance.


Probably yes. But there's also the esthetic way. Do you think that the people who designed Adam thought the original of him as a walking body with a spear stuck in the middle?

Whats to say he had 2 then?


No, I say that the lance may be some sort of S^2 engine, but its acting on a foreign body such as Adam or Lillith might be different, rather than producing energy, perhaps activating something, like in Adam, his own S^2, perhaps done the same thing on Eva 01 (not activate but exaggerate its own S^2), and to activate Lillith's own. Perhaps working as a key.

Originally posted on: 09-May-2003, 18:13 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Posts: 406
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:How do you know Lillith wasn't? Fuyutsuki talks about the childrens, but not the originals. Remember, Adam was considered a god, and if you take that Fuyutsuki spoke for both Adam and Angels, Adam would have been no angel then, not possesing the fruit of wisdom. Remember, Ritsuko tagged Adam as a god.

The term god is something thats tossed about a lot in the series, its mostly used when a being aquires both fruits though.
Each having 1 fruit makes sense, it explain why Lilith couldn't regenerate without the Lance, as well as why the Angels don't have the Fruit of Knowlege, and why humans don't have the Fruit of Life. Also, instrumentality involved the 2 Fruits being brought together, why use the lance on Lilith if she already has an S2?
It also fits if you beleive that Adam and Lilith were once one.

If Lilith had an S2, why don't humans?

AchtungAffen wrote:Probably yes. But there's also the esthetic way. Do you think that the people who designed Adam thought the original of him as a walking body with a spear stuck in the middle?

I don't know, but it would look mysterious and religious Image

AchtungAffen wrote:No, I say that the lance may be some sort of S^2 engine, but its acting on a foreign body such as Adam or Lillith might be different, rather than producing energy, perhaps activating something, like in Adam, his own S^2, perhaps done the same thing on Eva 01 (not activate but exaggerate its own S^2), and to activate Lillith's own. Perhaps working as a key.

Got anything that supports this?

Originally posted on: 09-May-2003, 18:35 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Posts: 281
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

The term god is something thats tossed about a lot in the series, its mostly used when a being aquires both fruits though.
Each having 1 fruit makes sense, it explain why Lilith couldn't regenerate without the Lance, as well as why the Angels don't have the Fruit of Knowlege, and why humans don't have the Fruit of Life. Also, instrumentality involved the 2 Fruits being brought together, why use the lance on Lilith if she already has an S2?
It also fits if you beleive that Adam and Lilith were once one.


Well, I know its stated that the S^2 is the fruit of life... but what is the fruit of knowledge? How do we know the angels don't have it after all. All that poetic language Fuyu uses doesn't explain much, does it?

And now: Instrumentality involves the 2 fruits? Or that is just the poetic form of putting it? I know instrumentality was the union of Adam and Lillith(so is defined on the material, I think), and as some suppose: the only way to make that union between the original Lillith and Adam was with the lance, the catalyzer you may say.
You say Lillith didn't have S^2, then where did her energy come from?
You affirm that because she didn't regenerate... but then, why didn't Adam move when he had the lance stuck in? I actually believe that Adam didn't have the lance stuck in originally, but it was stuck in and then he 'fell asleep', I could say.
I have a theory about why Lillith didn't regenerate and required the lance: because her soul was taken out of her.

I don't know, but it would look mysterious and religious


:dodgy: Just imagine a Kayodo figure like that... it would totally suck!!!

Got anything that supports this?


If I do a couple of presupositions, I could make an argument. Will you hear it, even if it presuposes some things?

Originally posted on: 10-May-2003, 08:59 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Posts: 406
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:Well, I know its stated that the S^2 is the fruit of life... but what is the fruit of knowledge? How do we know the angels don't have it after all. All that poetic language Fuyu uses doesn't explain much, does it?

The Fruit of Life is generally considered to be Science:

The End of Evangelion Theatrical Program

[Fruit of Wisdom (CHIE NO MI)]

That possessed by humans.[/u] The product of this wisdom appears to be "Science", which is praised by Gendou as "the power of man," but ridiculed by Fuyutsuki as "the cause of Second Impact". If so then Eva and the Instrumentality Project are also the products of this wisdom. According to the book of Genesis in the Old Testament, at the center of the Garden of Eden next to the Tree of Life was also a Tree of Wisdom -- a Tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Humans disobeyed God's command and ate of its fruit, so God banished humans from the Garden of Eden and imposed many discomforts upon them. Does this mean that humans are beings that were banished from the Garden of Eden in exchange for obtaining wisdom?


The End of Evangelion Theatrical Program

[b][Angels (SHITO)]

Beings originated from the source of life called Lilith. They take various sizes and shapes: from a giant octahedron to a minute Angel the size of bacteria, or even a "shadow" Angel without tangible form. Borrowing Fuyutsuki's words in episode 26', it seems that Angels are beings which got the "Fruit of Life" whereas humanity got the "Fruit of Wisdom". [/u] In other words, "Angels" are another form of humankind with the same potential as humans. Thus, humans are the 18th Angel.



AchtungAffen wrote:And now: Instrumentality involves the 2 fruits? Or that is just the poetic form of putting it? I know instrumentality was the union of Adam and Lillith(so is defined on the material, I think), and as some suppose: the only way to make that union between the original Lillith and Adam was with the lance, the catalyzer you may say.

Looking at all the known methods:

[b]Gendo:
Adam and Lilith (2 Fruits, 1 from each)

SEELE's First: Lilith, and The Lance (2 Fruits)

SEELE's Second: Clone of Lilith (Stated to have the Fuit of Knowlege, and Numerous clones of Adam each possessing S2's)

Note how SEELE's first method lacks Adam.


Y
AchtungAffen wrote:ou say Lillith didn't have S^2, then where did her energy come from?

Who knows? Where did EVA-01 get its energy when it moved without power? Its never stated, Lilith's clone shows the ability to move without a power source, Lilith probably could as well.

AchtungAffen wrote:You affirm that because she didn't regenerate... but then, why didn't Adam move when he had the lance stuck in?

Asleep?

AchtungAffen wrote:I actually believe that Adam didn't have the lance stuck in originally, but it was stuck in and then he 'fell asleep', I could say.

Maybe, but that doesn't really affect the Lance being Adam's S2.

AchtungAffen wrote:I have a theory about why Lillith didn't regenerate and required the lance: because her soul was taken out of her.

Maybe, but that doesn't really change much.



AchtungAffen wrote::dodgy: Just imagine a Kayodo figure like that... it would totally suck!!!

Perhaps -o-;

AchtungAffen wrote:If I do a couple of presupositions, I could make an argument. Will you hear it, even if it presuposes some things?

I'll hear it and consider it, as long as it doesn't involve vast leaps of logic -o-;

Originally posted on: 09-May-2003, 21:10 GMT

saiyajin prince [ANF]
Tunniel
User avatar
Posts: 153
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby saiyajin prince [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

Awww!! Man, I can't believe I missed out on this!!!

Well anyways, that thing about Adam, not moving with the Lance in him and Sharp said he might've been asleep. Well wasn't that the main reason for the expedition to Antartica in 2000. To try to get Adam in "check" before he WAKES up..........

Originally posted on: 10-May-2003, 01:27 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Posts: 281
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

Ahhh, how could I miss the theatrical programs!! I'll never forgive myself for that.

Looking at all the known methods:

Gendo: Adam and Lilith (2 Fruits, 1 from each)

SEELE's First: Lilith, and The Lance (2 Fruits)

SEELE's Second: Clone of Lilith (Stated to have the Fuit of Knowlege, and Numerous clones of Adam each possessing S2's)

Note how SEELE's first method lacks Adam.


No, SEELE's first method doesn't lack Adam, because as Keel said "Eva Series were built for this moment", when they surround Eva 01, wich makes me believe, almost admit, that they were created as the "Adam" part of their original equation. But also make me think about something else I had in mind. If I'm right on ep 21 DC, during the prelude to 2nd impact, they say something about "raise AT Fields" or "Raise Anti ATFlds". Now, that would prove they used some kind of ATF source, and then on 3rd impact, and as Ibuki says "the prelude to 3rd impact", Eva series resonate their at fields. Seems then like there's always the 'foreign' atf element on the equation for impact.

Who knows? Where did EVA-01 get its energy when it moved without power? Its never stated, Lilith's clone shows the ability to move without a power source, Lilith probably could as well.


Nobody knows. But seems highly unlogical there was lillith without energy source since the beginning, and that makes me think where did Lillith get, again, the S^2 in 3rd impact. Remember there were 3 possibilities:
1-Rei had one. You replied she hadnt the angel factor Kaworu had, but according to that famous MDWigs analysis of Rei's beginning she came out of Lillith, then the Angel factor is proven.
2-Lillith already had the S^2. Seems logical only because her origins without an energy source seem quite unlogical, and because she's a source of life, same as Adam who posseses S^2, or seems to posses S^2.
3-Adams embryo had an S^2, wich would probably make the statement of the lance being Adams sole S^2 unlogical. Still not much unlogical, cuz most Evas are clones of Adam and dont posses S^2.

And then there's the lance as Key:
As I said before:
No, I say that the lance may be some sort of S^2 engine, but its acting on a foreign body such as Adam or Lillith might be different, rather than producing energy, perhaps activating something, like in Adam, his own S^2, perhaps done the same thing on Eva 01 (not activate but exaggerate its own S^2), and to activate Lillith's own. Perhaps working as a key.


Presupossing both Adam and Lillith had S^2, we only see them react with the lance (xcept for when Rei takes over).
Adam: The lance is taken out, taken to the dead or red sea, and then back. Stuck in, Adam berserk-> boom. Adam responded to the stimulus of the lance
Lillith: Lost its legs to Eva01. Lance stuck in-> nothing happens. Lance taken out: partial regeneration->responds to the lance's stimulus.
Eva 01: LAnce on Eva 01, tree of life -> boom, third impact, everyone turns to LCL, anti ATF amplifies. Joins to lillith. Union with Adam.

Lance acts then as a key, in a poetical way. Generates reactions on S^2, like when the MP Evas auto-stuck the lances. But what I think most of it, is as the catalyzer that can unite both Lillith and Adam, and spread then the anti ATF that makes everyone return to the black moon.

Originally posted on: 11-May-2003, 03:40 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Posts: 406
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:No, SEELE's first method doesn't lack Adam, because as Keel said "Eva Series were built for this moment", when they surround Eva 01, wich makes me believe, almost admit, that they were created as the "Adam" part of their original equation.

It was most likely SEELE just planning ahead. There is some evidence that they would not have been much use in that situation:

End of Evangelion Theatrical Program

[Lance of Longinus (copy)]
Striking/piercing weapons used by the Eva series mass-production models. Modeled on the Lance of Longinus, their shapes and lengths can change. When penetrating an A.T.Field, the tip splits into two branches and twists through the field. In episode 25', one of these Lances penetrates the A.T.Field of Eva-02 and puts an end to the valiantly fighting Eva unit. Although these Lances cannot be used for Instrumentality (Complementation) involving Lilith[/u], as a weapon they have almost the same ability as the original Lance.

Not saying that the EVA Series themselves can't be, but I doubt Lances were quick to make, and were probably made at the same time as the EVA Series, why make them if they can't be used?
Also, why would SEELE need to use the EVA Series to replace Adam? They had the real Adam (Gendo did, but he also had Lilith, so its not a huge issue).

AchtungAffen wrote:But also make me think about something else I had in mind. If I'm right on ep 21 DC, during the prelude to 2nd impact, they say something about "raise AT Fields" or "Raise Anti ATFlds". Now, that would prove they used some kind of ATF source, and then on 3rd impact, and as Ibuki says "the prelude to 3rd impact", Eva series resonate their at fields. Seems then like there's always the 'foreign' atf element on the equation for impact.


Ep 21', Translation from www.evaotaku.com
[b]Radio):

The genes implanted into Adam have already achieved physical merging!

(Radio):
The A.T. Field is releasing completely!

Scientist J:
It's no good! We can't maintain distance!

No mention of an Anti-AT Field, I just listened to this scene, and I can't hear them mentioning one . I do believe one was generated at some point though, considering what happened, and it would explain the sea turning red (LCL from everything that went pop)
I've sort of viewed 2nd Impact as a mini 3rd Impact, in that many of the things are similar, just no complementation.


AchtungAffen wrote:Nobody knows. But seems highly unlogical there was lillith without energy source since the beginning, and that makes me think where did Lillith get, again, the S^2 in 3rd impact. Remember there were 3 possibilities:
1-Rei had one. You replied she hadnt the angel factor Kaworu had, but according to that famous MDWigs analysis of Rei's beginning she came out of Lillith, then the Angel factor is proven.
2-Lillith already had the S^2. Seems logical only because her origins without an energy source seem quite unlogical, and because she's a source of life, same as Adam who posseses S^2, or seems to posses S^2.
3-Adams embryo had an S^2, wich would probably make the statement of the lance being Adams sole S^2 unlogical. Still not much unlogical, cuz most Evas are clones of Adam and dont posses S^2.

Just cause Lilith doesn't have an S2 doesn't mean she doesn't have some other source of power. Her clone, EVA-01, moved without power of several occasions, it didn't have an S2.

1: Rei coming out of Lilith doesn't make her any more angel, as technically, all humans came from Lilith.

2: Just as she's a source of life doesn't mean she has to have an S2. As MDWigs said, why don't humans have S2's then?

3: If Adam's embryo did have an S2, it still doesn't change the status of the lance. Look at it this way, if you were to kill me, and use a few cells to clone me, you would get a new me, with new organs etc, does that mean that my heart wasn't my sole heart?

AchtungAffen wrote:Presupossing both Adam and Lillith had S^2, we only see them react with the lance (xcept for when Rei takes over).
Adam: The lance is taken out, taken to the dead or red sea, and then back. Stuck in, Adam berserk-> boom. Adam responded to the stimulus of the lance

I don't think its so much stimulus, as the Lance gave him the power to move, and just woke him up. Hence the "Pull back the Lance", taking it out would have killed the power to him.

AchtungAffen wrote:Lillith: Lost its legs to Eva01. Lance stuck in-> nothing happens. Lance taken out: partial regeneration->responds to the lance's stimulus.


As I've said though, I don't believe Lilith ever had an S2, and as such the Lance didn't really act as a key there.

AchtungAffen wrote:Lance acts then as a key, in a poetical way. Generates reactions on S^2, like when the MP Evas auto-stuck the lances. But what I think most of it, is as the catalyzer that can unite both Lillith and Adam, and spread then the anti ATF that makes everyone return to the black moon.

Yes, it does appear to act as a key, in some situations. However, 3rd Impact would have worked without it, otherwise SEELE would have been far more angry about its loss.

Originally posted on: 11-May-2003, 12:01 GMT

Radio_Free_Mars [ANF]
Embryo
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 03, 2008

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Radio_Free_Mars [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

Can anyone tell me how to get this video. Possibly a link or something. I'm begging... anyone.
I give sexual favors.Image

Originally posted on: 12-May-2003, 01:36 GMT

Omicron_15 [ANF]
Embryo
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 30, 2008

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Omicron_15 [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

AchtungAffen are you hosting the file still, could you PM me please, I really want to see this.

Originally posted on: 12-May-2003, 06:27 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Posts: 3651
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

Holy crap! In a couple of months, this thread will be toast! Since it contains discussion that is still quite relevant, I'd figure I'd bump it for the forum's relative newcomers to enjoy. Image Salvation for another year!

Originally posted on: 01-Mar-2004, 01:18 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael
User avatar
Posts: 925
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

I thought I would bump this thread to draw attention to the fact that the Full OP video is once again available for download at:
http://homepage.mac.com/csf2860/FileSharing6.html

Originally posted on: 21-Mar-2004, 05:56 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel
User avatar
Posts: 324
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

Ridiculously cool.

Thanks for hosting it. The picture quality was surprisingly good. It must have been a pain to take screen shots for it though; most of the pictures were moving very quickly.

Where was the full OP first seen? I thought it was on the Evangelion Test Type DVD, if my memoir serves.

Originally posted on: 21-Mar-2004, 07:45 GMT

Jinpun [ANF]
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 52
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Jinpun [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:Try this on for size: There was a conflict between Lilith and Adam over whose offspring would inherit the earth. Lilith used the Lance on Adam to neutralize and immobilize him, to afford her offspring, the Lilim, the opportunity to evolve and dominate the earth.
Just theorizing...

Here's an outlandish (and completely ridiculous) idea that plays off of this original statement by Shin-seiki.
Perhaps the Lance was Liliths S^2. She gave up her S^2, changed it into the lance and used it to neutralize Adam. This would also satisfy the idea that Lilith would atleast need some type of power source at some point (which AchtungAffen has been troubled with).
This is outrageous idea. Just thought it might be something interesting to add. Image

Originally posted on: 21-Mar-2004, 09:40 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Posts: 406
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Jinpun wrote:Here's an outlandish (and completely ridiculous) idea that plays off of this original statement by Shin-seiki.
Perhaps the Lance was Liliths S^2. She gave up her S^2, changed it into the lance and used it to neutralize Adam. This would also satisfy the idea that Lilith would atleast need some type of power source at some point (which AchtungAffen has been troubled with).
This is outrageous idea. Just thought it might be something interesting to add. Image

Unfortunatly there is no evidence for it. New evidence suggests that the Lance is not quite an S2 anyway.

Originally posted on: 21-Mar-2004, 09:43 GMT

Jinpun [ANF]
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 52
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Jinpun [ANF] » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:Unfortunatly there is no evidence for it. New evidence suggests that the Lance is not quite an S2 anyway.

Yea I aint got nothing to back it up. Just theorizing. And what new evidence are you reffering to? Havent heard/seen it yet.

Originally posted on: 21-Mar-2004, 09:48 GMT


Return to “AnimeNation Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest