Post-Modernism in Eva

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
o_resentfull_one
Embryo

Post-Modernism in Eva

•      
  •      

Postby o_resentfull_one » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:24 am

ok, this is a strange little thought that made me think a few days ago. post moderism is the idea that nothing is real unless proved to that person. my thoughts on NGE have always been that nothing in it is truly proved, nothing is stated out and full most. and those things that are stated are often proved wrong. this is basically why annos quote of NGE being "what you make it" works, because for postmoderism to be realm you have to prove the fact to yourself, and any idea in eva has to be accepted and 'proved' to that person. that is why it is what we make it. because of the postmoderism stuff. random thoughts huh? can you tell i was bored?
The depth of a friendship cannot be measured by time, but the moments that define that time.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Post-Modernism in Eva

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:04 pm

I've invoked the spirit of post-modernism when trying to contrast the text, which is what we all have and share, and all the various trickles of "might have been" information from abandoned alternatives.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”