What reminds you of Evangelion in your day to day life?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:03 am

View Original Postuser-02 wrote:Am I the only person who sees the Pacific Rim trailers and thinks, wow, this shit looks like an epic fail of Michael Bay x Transformers proportions? I seriously don't get why everyone is so excited. The dialogue in the trailer makes me cringe, and it is REALLY hard to make dialogue sound bad coming out of the mouth of Stringer fuckin' Bell.

Anyhoo, give me a real Eva movie any day of the week. I like Del Toro quite a bit, and I'm hoping those trailers were just cut dumb to appeal to the LCD. But the trailers just make me say "meh."

it's about time i found you guys; the movie looks like a turd sandwich made with extra turd :vomit: i just wish del Toro would get back to working At The Mountains of Madness, i know for a fact that is one movie he could not possibly screw up

Topic: i am constantly reminded of Evangelion due to the simple fact that i was born on May 22nd. how is that relevant? i'm sure google or a friendly evageeks member can help

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:56 am

That's the date when the NEON GENESIS EVANGELION III album came out?
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 am

Any further Pacific Rim talk should go to the thread specifically about it, HERE.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:16 am

Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Twink
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Twink » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 am

Riding the bus/train alone...
Watch out for bicyres, Itary cat.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:24 pm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07/11/all-about-hd-189733b-that-other-blue-planet.html

Suddenly, Yui feels more sympathetic to me. I can see the appeal of floating through space forever seeing shit like this.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:14 pm

After Jon Snow burns his hand in A Game of Thrones he develops a habit of flexing it. Reminds me of Shinji's similar habit.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:46 am

I often uses an MP3 player to drown out noises or even other people. Iam similar to Shinji in that regard.
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:00 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:After Jon Snow burns his hand in A Game of Thrones he develops a habit of flexing it. Reminds me of Shinji's similar habit.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that made that connection.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby r1cepurin » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 am

Sometimes my spirit animal contacts me through the form of a scraggy old billy goat, and then he starts playing odd digeridoo music. the first notes in the song sound like the instrument is saying "eva 01....eva 01"

so yeah that's a legit reminder of nge in my daily life

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:05 pm

Texas is rampant with cicadas in the summer. They are everywhere, and I can't stop connecting them to the show.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:25 pm

This.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Aah, tech support memories...thanks for the happies, Stillborn! :tongue:
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:40 pm

Actually... The guy just tried to assemble a chair, and didn't used instruction. It exploded and crippled him. Just like that.

This retribiution sadistically disproportional for intention and mistakes made Evangelion pop up in my head as a first tought.
Another jaded man.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:46 pm

No, I got the joke. It does tend to fit nicely into the Eva themes (I will save Rei and NOW I'VE KILLED EVERYONE OHMIGOD!!!). It just reminded me of dealing with users in tech support (I just wanted to play solitaire, I don't know how I could have awakened SkyNet!)
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:43 pm

My classmate has the last name of Sicari which is Italian and I can't help but notice that it sounds so similar to Ikari, the Eva fangirl in me is so tempted to walk up to him and say hi, Sicari-kun! :lol:

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Love that, Princess Asuka! :D Sicari-kun sounds cute.

Ah, things NGE in my life... I guess that has to be my last depression that ate me for an entire year; it was more spiritual than the past depressions so it's very NGE-like. Glad it's over. Life smiles again. ^^
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:39 am

Hakone.

SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/ReiAyanami25/media/HAKONE_zpsf9a28dc1.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 am

The region where I live reminds me of Eva, what with its rolling hills; its massive, omnipresent power lines; and the constant threat of kaiju attacks.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:26 pm

This song by Gackt.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”