Ten Sephiroth and Numerology

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

Ten Sephiroth and Numerology

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:59 pm

i was wondering if theres a big connection between them, other than what we know, i did numerology on "Gendo Ikari" the final came out to be 21, "hard earned goal"

then i did something on my blog, put the sephiroth to the links and names, didnt replace but rather add on

Gendo Ikari(Hokma)
Rei Ayanami(Binah)
pen pen(Hesed)
Misato Katsuragi(Geburah)
Ritsuko Akagi(Tiphareth)
Asuka Langley Sohryu(Netzach)
Kaji Ryoji(Malkuth)
Naoko Ikagi(Da'at)

theses are the general descriptions of the 10 sephiroth

Kether- Spiritual impulse, higher self, root of things to come into a person's life. the 4 aces.

Hokma- Male image, new things beginning to come into ones life, left side of brain. the 4 twos, 1st month of pregnancy

Binah- Female image, structuring process of life, right side of brain, 2nd month of pregnancy, the 4 threes

Hesed- Ideals, law, inner will, planning process, left shoulder and arm. 3rd month of pregnancy. female relatives, the 4 fours.

Geburah- Active aspirations, ability to act, strength, ability to destroy past in order to create future, right shoulder and arm. 4th months of pregnancy, the 4 fives

Tiphareth- Control balance, harmony, heart center, center of being, lungs, solar plexius, active will, things now in process of fruitation. 5 month of pregnancy. the 4 sixes.

Netzach- emotional nature, fellings, desires, artistic creativity, romance, left land and hip-back loin, sons, 6 month of pregnancy, the 4 sevens

Hod- thoughts, communication, speech, logic, right hand and hip-back loin, sons, 7th month of pregnancy, the 4 eights.

Yesod- imagination, instincts, communication, habit, sex, food, home environment, sexual organs, 8th months of pregancy, the 4 eights

Malkuth- General physical condition & environment, happening bow and just past, birth and death, 9th month of pregnancy, the 4 tens

Da'at-(this isnt really a sephirothic sphere as much as a finalization, a return to Kether)

these are the sephiroth in the world Azilut(Emanation, the eternal unchanging divine world)

Keter = Ahyeh ("I AM")

Hochma = YHWH ("To become")

Binah = Elohim ("I will be manifested in many")

Da'at (Knowledge of God)

Chesed = El (God the Great or God the High)

Gevura = Yah (God the Just or God the Strong)

Tipheret = YHWH-Elohim or YAHEL, "The Holy One, blessed be He," The Divine Beauty of the Glory of God.

Netzah = YHWH Zavaot (Hosts of YHWH)

Hod = Elohim Zavaot (Hosts of Elohim)

Yesod = El Hai Shaddai (Almighty Living God)

Malkhut = Adonai ("My Lord,"), Shekinah, Kingdom. Also called the "Body of God" and "Beauty of Creation" (i.e., Tipheret of Beriah).

these are them in the world Beriah(Creation, considered "Heaven" proper, it is the first separation from the Divine, and "location" of the Throne of God and archangels)

Keter = Metatron, God as Creator, the "Lesser YHWH," simultaneously the Tipheret of Azilut, the Beauty of God.

Hochma = Raziel (Revelation)

Binah = Zaphkiel (Contemplation)

Da'at = the Bat Kol (literally "Daughter of the Voice," also called the "Voice of Heaven"), the Spirit hovering over the face of the Waters (Genesis 1:2), also called the "Spirit of Messiah" (see Tipheret below), the "Image of God" and "Knowledge of Creation."

Chesed = Zadkiel (Good)

Gevura = Samael (Evil)

Tipheret = Michael (Chief of Hosts), the Sephirah of the Messiah and the Four "Holy Animals" of the books of Ezekiel and Revelation. Simultaneously the Malkut of Azilut and the Keter of Yezirah (where the three upper worlds meet). The "Beauty of Creation."

Netzah = Haniel (Grace)

Hod = Raphael (Healing)

Yesod = Gabriel (Spiritual Knowledge), guardian to the foundation of the Spiritual World of Beriah. Simultaneously the Da'at of Yezirah and "door" into the Heavenly Throne Room.

Malkhut = Sandalphon (Guardian Spirit) Simultaneously the Tipheret of Yezirah and the Keter of Asiyya (where the three lower worlds meet).

these are them in the world Yezirah(Formation, the abode of the "lower angels," men's souls and the Garden of Eden

Keter = Simultaneously the Tipheret of Beriah and the Malkut of Azilut. This is where the three upper worlds meet and thus contact with the Divine. As Adam and Eve existed in Yezirah, prior to the fall, they had access to the Malkut of the Divine world of Azilut from this point, which is also called the Sephirah of the Messiah (See the Tree of Life in Beriah)
Hochma = Revelation

Binah = Reason
The triad of Hochma, Binah and Tipheret = "The Triad of the Spirit" or "Triad of Faith."

Da'at = The place of the Ruach haKodesh in the center of the "Triad of Spirit." Simultaneously the Yesod (Foundation) of Beriah, the Spiritual World. Here, one is born of "water" (Yezirah) and "Spirit" (Beriah), giving access to the Kingdom of God as found in John, chapter 3.
Chesed - Love of God, Tolerance
Gevurah - Fear of God, Discrimination
The triad of Chesed, Gevurah and Tipheret = "The Triad of the soul." Through Tipheret, the Soul has access to the "Triad of the Spirit" (see above).

Tipheret = The Sephirah of Truth, the "True Self" having the balance of Chesed (Tolerance) and Gevurah (Discrimination) resulting in "Compassion." The Sephirah giving access to the Da'at above "where Jacob became Israel," (where one is "Born Again"). Simultaneously the Malkut of Beriah and the Keter of Asiyyah, where the three lower worlds meet. Called the "Seat of Solomon," who was a man who "saw three worlds."
The path between Yesod and Tipheret in Yezirah is the "Path of the Tzaddik."

Netzah = Torah Practice

Hod = Torah Study
The three paths between Netzah and Hod, Hod and Malkut, Malkut and
Netzah correspond to the allegorical, metaphysical and literal methods of Torah/Kabbalah study.

Yesod = The level of "seeking." Simultaneously the Da'at of Asiyyah - corresponding to the Ego and "knowledge" of the world below.

Malkhut = Contact with the level of natural man and the world, corresponding to the Tipheret of Asiyya.

these are them in the world Asiyyah (Action, the material universe in which we live)

Keter = To those seeking spiritual matters, this is the "Seat of Solomon." For the non-spiritual person this is the "corruptible crown" of their life (1 Corinthians 9:25). This is a key Sephirah as it is also the Malkut of Beriah and the Tipheret of Azilut, and thus the place where the three lower worlds meet in man.

Hochma = Active/Inner Intellect

Binah = Passive/Outer Intellect

Chesed = Active/Inner Emotion

Gevura = Passive/Outer Emotion

Da'at = Knowledge. The Ego. The place of choice and purity. To those seeking, this is also the foundation (Yesod) of the world of Yezirah. From here man can proceed up the path of the Tzaddik (from the Asiyyatic Yesod to Tipheret, the Sephirah of Truth), which is simultaneously the Malkut of Beriah - the Kingdom of Heaven.

Tipheret = The brain and advanced physical systems of man

Netzah = Desires

Hod = Respsonses

Yesod = Feelings, Instincts, Thoughts - forming the three triads shown below:
The triad of Yesod, Netzah and Hod is the Triad of Feeling
The triad of Yesod, Hod and Malkut is the Triad of Thinking
The triad of Yesod, Malkut and Netzah is the Triad of Instinct

Malkhut = Base elements of the body

now, it might be a lot, i got most of that information from a link i posted in the webpages. now, something that caught my is that Gendo fits well with Bokma, the image of man, in the world of Beriah, Bokma is Raziel, which is Revalations, the end of the world.....

Quiddity
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Quiddity » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:26 pm

The infamous Ikari Gendou FAQ (that seems to be missing from the web now), while screwed up in many ways, like calling Adam the second angel nonetheless had some pretty interesting stuff about the Sepiroth Tree and how it relates to Eva, which I'll post here:
The Tree of Life plays a pretty big role in the story of Evangelion. After all, the Sephiroth is a map between humankind and God. It esentially gives directions on how to get to Heaven (and don't forget that it was also the Tree of Wisdom that brought about mankind's downfall in the Garden of Eden, and so it goes that the Tree of Life will bring us back to Eternal Happiness ^_~). Perhaps "enlightened" people (i.e. people that had gone through the trials of the Sephiroth) were needed for the Third Impact and became their own type of "god".
The story goes that mankind stole the Fruit of Wisdom from the Tree of Wisdom and learned science and logic and were driven from Paradise (but with this science we created the EVAs and the Human Complementation Project). The Angels were instead allowed to eat from the Tree of Life and gained eternal spirits.

To begin with, the Tree of Life consists of ten rings and 22 lines (which is the primary mandala of the Jewish Kabalah). Through a symbolic process of manifistation (or FORCE precipitating into FORM) the force in organization undergoes an increase in complexity and density on descending the Tree.
The rings are called Sephirah (or Major Paths of Wisdom) and represent established forms of existence (form concepts) as they divide up God (each being a different aspect of God). The lines are called the Minor Paths of Wisdom and represent established forms of consciousness (force concepts).
The gist of the System is it is a means of converting us humans (from Malchut) to God (at Keter and beyond) and vice versa. Basically, each different aspect is a bit more advanced and beyond mere mortal's limited comprehension (one has to advance to the next Sephirah in order to come close to understanding the following one).
Shinji could've been charted to go through all these tests of the System, but finally refused the last one, the last synchronization - Keter. The virtue for Keter is "Completion of the Great Work". Since Shinji's Eva was in the position of Yesod (Foundation) which takes the physical aspects of Malchut (Kingdom, or Earth - where we humans are) and converts them to spirits (which Rei/Lilith was consuming), if our good old wuss-boy Shinji stopped, then the spirits stopped coming too@_@
The Angels, by extraction, were elevated beings as well (much higher than lowly unenlightened humans). That's what humanity needed for the Third Impact, to become a kind of elevated being themselves and enter Heaven, enlightenment. To become their own Ein Soph. (or Ayn Sof - without name).

Below you will find each of Shinji's trials for the Sephiroth (they're in chronological order):
Malchut, kingdom - Hard to tell. This is the earth Sephira, so he might not have had to do anything but be born. But since Malchut's virtue is 'discrimination', I think it was probably his refusal to enter the Eva-01 for me, but to do it for the right reason - Rei.
Yesod, foundation - Also hard to tell. The virtue is 'independance', so I guess the best example would be when he runs away. However, this is also a change from physical to spiritual, so I think it might be his gradual opening up to things, possibly acceptance of the Entry Plug (throne of souls?).
Hod, glory - The virtue is honesty... so perhaps beginning to be honest about his feelings? He does in the Jet Alone episode with Misato, and he does in the Rei II episode with Rei... and the falling Angel episode, he realizes why he pilots and he stops lying to himself.
Netzach, victory - The virtue is unselfishness. Perhaps the training with Asuka to overcome Israfel helped him to become more giving of himself? To learn to share?
Tiphares, splendor - The virtue is devotion to the great work. I think this is when he falls into the Sea of Dirac due to his high opinion of himself (splendor), but then gets out by his devotion to the great work (destroying angels, etc..).
Chesed, mercy - Easy. Refusing to kill Toji in Eva-03. However, it was sort of the opposite of it's virtue, obedience (although he was forced into obedience by his father's act of initializing the dummy plug).
G'vurah, strength - Beating the snot outta the 14th Angel (Zeruel) that almost destroyed everything that meant anything to him (butchered Asuka, Rei, almost all of NERV and GeoFront...) and his subsequent strength of mind that aided him to escape the consciousness of the Eva before he melded with it. The virtue is courage.
Binah, understanding - Learning everything from Ritsuko... about Rei, Evas, etc. The virtue is silence, he had nobody to talk to anymore.
Hohma, wisdom - Learning about the sweet parts of life from Kaworu, but being devoted enough to destroying angels to kill him. The virtue is devotion.
Keter, crown - Completing the Sephiroth, gaining his firey wings. HOWEVER, he doesn't complete Keter, as he refuses all of it, and destroys Lillith/Rei and the entire human race.... Or maybe he doesn't. (A special THANK YOU to the Main Man Neflite for his gracious help!!)
Get all that?
"Quiddity is the sea. And in it are islands, called the Ephemeris. Three dips in the dream-sea. Any less, and we'd be insane. Any more and we wouldn't be human"

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:49 pm

I don't really have much to offer on this subject, my understanding of Khabbalism is rather limited. I've read a bit about it, but I'm still at odds with it all.

Lets not forget Stephen Chung's Analysis.

http://www.evamonkey.com/writings_chung1.htm

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:23 pm

i find this all to be rather interesting. it actually got me into theology. in fact im seriously considering it as a career

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:40 pm

Have you by chance seen the movie Pi? Its filled with Khabbalistic and numerical theories. Its by the same director as Requiem for a Dream.

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:42 pm

i saw Pi before i got into this stuff. so, ill need to watch it again, and ive never seen Requim for a dream, though i think ive heard about it

Mr.Guy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr.Guy » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:15 pm

I don't know much about this either, but I find it highly interesting. Out of all the personality quiz things I've taken, I can never really relate to them. But when I looked at the Sephiroth, I seemed to find soemthing that fit me perfectly... whether it's for that or not, it still worked ^_^;

On a side note... I would never have found any of this stuff without Eva. Only Eva could make me think like this, and find these things. It even got me into psychology (which I'm seriously thinking of pursuing). Anyway, continue!

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:23 pm

yeah, i take obsession to a whole new level

>im taking psyche next year, unfortunately most high schools dont offer a theology program ~_~

ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:44 pm

are you a woman? will you have my children O_O
a man within the trap of one sided love is a man torn beyond his imagination.
-----------
Reason = Virtue = Happiness

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”