Wicked EBay Item

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Wicked EBay Item

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:47 am

The link doesn't distort the screen if you do it this way -Reichu

Oh man.....that is BEE-u-tifull! Alas, I can't afford it on my measly salary AND afford school and my films. This recent animation piece is a bitch alongside my live action stuff but I gotta get it festival ready....

but sigh.....if I had more cash.......look at that thing......fuck me....thats nice.

wut_is_a_eva_lol
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby wut_is_a_eva_lol » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:10 am

Nice...that's probably one of my favorite shots out of the whole movie (or series for that matter). The animation is fluid and the artwork...well, just look at the link. Dumb question: how big is an actual cel?

Also, http://tinyurl.com/ can be handy for posting long urls like that.
I am, therefore I think.

nr4mg
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby nr4mg » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:20 am

Yah that is really cool but at that price almost no normal person can afford it. I think after i get the lastest NGE Angelic Days I'll start saving for The End of Evangelion DVD, Ive already seen it somehow 8).
[url]http://myanimelist.net/signature/nr4mg.png[/url]

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:33 am

Wasn't End of Evangelion digitally painted?

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:40 pm

They wouldn't have needed a costly restoration process that was only half-successful if it was entirely done in digital. I think '97 was right about at the end-phase of widespread cel usage.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Zugzwang wrote:Wasn't End of Evangelion digitally painted?

Nope. I believe that digital painting didn't really get widespread until after 2000.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:33 pm

FLCL was GAINAX's first digitally painted show.

I did, however, think that none of the actual cells for the show remained and that GAINAX only sold duplication cells. I'm not sure if that applies for the movie, though.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:12 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
Zugzwang wrote:Wasn't End of Evangelion digitally painted?

Nope. I believe that digital painting didn't really get widespread until after 2000.

Although I don't have the source handy, Fujifilm stopped producing cells around that time, and cells made by other companies weren't good enough to stack that many on top of each other. Therefore, studios moved to animating on computers. I'm sure some studios still hand draw, then scan in, but the move to animating on computers facilitated the move to draw everything using computers.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:15 pm

Ornette wrote:Although I don't have the source handy, Fujifilm stopped producing cells around that time, and cells made by other companies weren't good enough to stack that many on top of each other. Therefore, studios moved to animating on computers. I'm sure some studios still hand draw, then scan in, but the move to animating on computers facilitated the move to draw everything using computers.

I have a collection of a number of cels. The most recent series is Noir, produced in 2001. It still was hand-drawn and painted. However, after that date, real cels seem pretty hard to find.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:24 pm

IIRC, Fujifilm stopped its cel production around 2002, the year after Noir.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:27 pm

The current bid price strikes me as way too low, given the $1,000+ price tags I've seen on similar cels from that scene at conventions. Curious to see how high it goes.

Also, don't use TinyURL. Just use the URL tag properly, like so:

[code:1]
[url=http://www.myreallylongurl.com]Link Text[/url]
[/code:1]

Operation Yashima
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Operation Yashima » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:55 am

drinian wrote:The current bid price strikes me as way too low, given the $1,000+ price tags I've seen on similar cels from that scene at conventions. Curious to see how high it goes.

Also, don't use TinyURL. Just use the URL tag properly, like so:

[code:1]
[url=http://www.myreallylongurl.com]Link Text[/url]
[/code:1]

You've got a point there...is it a fake?

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:16 pm

Wonder if I should get that... I have no other NGE merchandise... at all. And I'm a nut for really collectible stuff. :(
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:38 pm

Whoa, duuuuuude, GNR has nipples on her butt...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:44 pm

BrikHaus wrote:Nope. I believe that digital painting didn't really get widespread until after 2000.

Weird. I had it set in my mind that Dirty Pair Flash was one of the last fully cel-animated productions.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:50 pm

Reichu wrote:Whoa, duuuuuude, GNR has nipples on her butt...
I fail to see buttnipples. Even if there were any, they'd be blocked by her arm as far as I can tell.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:23 pm

NAveryW wrote:I fail to see buttnipples.

The little protrusions on the bottom of her rumpus maximus.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Huh? Rei has a perfectly smooth delicious wonderful glorious butt in the attached picture. What tu torquking about?

I feel like I'm not getting something.

I wouldn't buy a picture of Rei covered in blood with her head tearing off and stuff to begin with, even if it is The Rei.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:15 pm

Ohhhh, I see now, those are just the paint strokes. Silly me......
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:20 pm

That's about the level where the rest of her body is underwater/LCL/tang. Nipples on her butt, jeez!ImageImage
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”