[LAEM] How would YOU do it?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

No. 44
Embryo

Postby No. 44 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:09 pm

I would prefer it as a Japanese production (i dont mind reading subtitles) Anno would need to oversee it otherwise forget it and who says it has to be a movie? i say a mini series this would give plenty of time to include all events
the threat must be physically annihilated @#$%!

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:13 pm

My opinion:

Everything CGI characterized, something like Final Fantasy except that the real characters in the Live Action Movie would make it look gay and *ur mum's ass* which, those words are extremely overused in my place.

Let's see,
"Who built the Sydney Harbour Bridge?"
"Ur mum"
"I'm the best on EM Forums and I'm the main admin here. I can delete everyone I want!"
"Ur mum it is"

Just a little spam to keep it going
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:18 am

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:My opinion:

Everything CGI characterized, something like Final Fantasy except that the real characters in the Live Action Movie would make it look gay and *ur mum's ass* which, those words are extremely overused in my place.

Let's see,
"Who built the Sydney Harbour Bridge?"
"Ur mum"
"I'm the best on EM Forums and I'm the main admin here. I can delete everyone I want!"
"Ur mum it is"

Just a little spam to keep it going

... you can't be serious? :?
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Wevangeliwon » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:05 am

Okay . . .

I feel like LAE would be butchered, but if I had to . . .

I would firstly suspend everything until Rebuild was finished, then actually make the film in Japan. Now, if I had the language skills, I would actually make the live action Japanese. The script would be extremely close to the series and follow the four arcs: 1-6, 8-13, 14-19, 20-24 and then use the final movie to wrap it up. So five movies all up (in my fantasy), which will pretty much mean none of Evangelion is cut. OR, the script is Rebuild, just LA-fied.

IF I had to make it English . . . Pilots from different countries. 00 - Japan, 01 - America, 02 - Germany . . . and then exactly like Rebuild, except live action.

If only I don't have the feeling LAE will mutilate it for the average movie goer . . .

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:09 am

...I was being stupid, okay? Everyone need a bit a stupidity in their life anyway. Besides, seriously, though, I hate the fact of real life characters playing Evangelion. Makes me shudder.
>>Nothing<<

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:58 pm

I seriously think, that in the hands of a competent director who knows the series, Evangelion could make a great movie. It would just take a very good director and actors, but most importantly, a great scriptwriter. And get Matt Greenfield far away from the project. FAR AWAY.

V
Banned

Postby V » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:19 pm

I would make four movies, as the series does not fit the trilogy format
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:41 pm

They should do a mini-series. For an episode count, how about 26? Each one could have a runtime of approximately 24 minutes. They could make it a shot for shot remake, and put no original thought into it whatsoever.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:32 pm

If I were to make it, it would deviate from the series considerably. And I'd probably find a way to work in the Walken-biomechanical-head cannon, big pile of dismembered Barbie dolls, and Baudrillard quote.

No. 44
Embryo

Postby No. 44 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:26 am

im usually il informed any speculation when production will begin? are they even certain they will go through with a movie?
the threat must be physically annihilated @#$%!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:36 am

How would I do it....

Mmmmm?

Answer: I wouldn't do it.

Can't think of anything more self-egotistical than thinking you could actually do a better job.

Actually, I'd call it EVANGELION and just point my camera at Christopher Walken for 2 1/2 hours and see what magical things happen.

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:44 am

They'll butcher it. For sure. Although I don't think the LAEM would be a good series, they should at least put on, like you said, mini series. Say, at least 3 movies, but 5 would be a little more better. Unless they're going to make it a 2 hour movie for each series.
>>Nothing<<

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:58 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Actually, I'd call it EVANGELION and just point my camera at Christopher Walken for 2 1/2 hours and see what magical things happen.

Christopher Walken acting out the whole series on his own with no props and playing everyone and everything.

If I were to do it, it would probably only loosely be based on the source material. Also, the existentialism of the series would probably be replaced with more overtly "postmodernist" subject matter, and with more emphasis on the story's otherwise latent transhumanist subject matter. The tone would probably be colder as well.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:03 pm

If I were to do it, there would be much more attention to economic, social and political realities.

Also, the E8 naval battle would be twice as long.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:07 pm

If I were to do it, I'd change the name of the Evas to Buster Machines, Shinji's name to Nono, and the Angels to Space Aliens. The Cruel Angel's Thesis opening music would be replaced with Groovin' Magic. Then we would have one kick ass live action Eva movie.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:06 pm

BobBQ wrote:If I were to do it, there would be much more attention to economic, social and political realities.

BrikHaus's idea sounds good to me!
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:30 pm

I like Bob's idea better.

IMHO:

Movies that try to say something>Movies that say nothing

But I digress.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:38 pm

The problem with using social/political realities, is that they can really date your movie. Sure, they would be fine now, but twenty five years from now they would be outdated, and fifty years from now just a laughable curiosity.
Awesomely Shitty

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:55 pm

But half of NGE's timeline is already outdated, so why worry?

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:04 pm

When you say "Outdated" one word crosses through my mind: "Watchmen" (For those who don't know the story. The history is in the middle of the cold War, and THIS IS NOT SPOILER!)

And the same way that I would prefer it to be renewed with the same basic ideia, I prefer eva to be something new but the same old.

2nd Impact in 2020? Ok.
New-New-New York? Fine.
Caucasians? I personaly prefer "MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY! MOOOOOOONEY!"

Think about it.
I guess it's time for a decent sig right? NAHHHHHHHH

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”