Zero & Ni hand grasping...

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Zero & Ni hand grasping...

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:07 pm

What's the deal with Zero and Ni reaching out and grabbing for something before their "heads asplode" and they reach their respective, brutal, demise?

Are they reaching out for Adam??? :?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:48 pm

Rei saw Gendo before she 'asploded'. Team Soryu wanted to smash the MPE's. Both could cause reaching. Why reaching for Adam may I ask?
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:43 pm

I dunno. Just thought that could be a possiblity due to all the Eva's minus Sho being from Adam and all. *shrug*

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:21 pm

Well, Asuka was reaching for the sky when Eva-02 was.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:27 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I dunno. Just thought that could be a possiblity due to all the Eva's minus Sho being from Adam and all. *shrug*

What? EVA-01 isn't cloned from Adam? News to me. She looks like Adam, sounds like Adam, and has Wings of Light like Adam. So all that means she has nothing to do with Adam right? I managed to dig up a thread on this topic fufufu.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:56 pm

Um...? What's all this crap that Reichu points out about Sho being born of Lilith, such as this:

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:17 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Image

You've not seen that picture before? Remember that thread is three years old this month. I found a link on the first page that leads to a page where everyone thinks the Spear of Longinus is Adams core.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:39 pm

??? I *have* seen that picture before, what I'm saying is isn't it showing that Shogoki is born from Lilith?

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:49 pm

If Shogoki was born from Adam like the rest of the EVA's than why is it stronger than the rest of them? What sets it apart from the others?

It can't be the souls within the EVA's. I have a hard time believing one soul (Yui's) is somehow stronger/better in some way than the others (Kyoko).
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Re: Zero & Ni hand grasping...

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:02 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:What's the deal with Zero and Ni reaching out and grabbing for something before their "heads asplode" and they reach their respective, brutal, demise?

I blame crappy post-EoE retroedits for Rei's case.

Asuka probably just wanted to get one last Sieg Heil in before leaving the Fatherland behind for keeps.

Nukie
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Nukie » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:04 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:??? I *have* seen that picture before, what I'm saying is isn't it showing that Shogoki is born from Lilith?

The impression I got from some thread or another around here is that Sho has the genetic template of Adam, just like the other Evas, but was made from the flesh of Lilith herself. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
-!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: Zero & Ni hand grasping...

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:34 pm

BobBQ wrote:Asuka probably just wanted to get one last Sieg Heil in before leaving the Fatherland behind for keeps.

I bet Asuka would promptly kick the arses of anyone who'd make such references around her, too. ^^; That reminds me of this one (probably bad, I never bothered finish reading it) post-3I fanfic where a "new Eva pilot" (who hasn't seen THAT premise before? :roll:) refers to Asuka as "the Nazi." Shame Shinji didn't have a reaction to that...

Edit: Thanks to you, BobBQ, I have "Springtime for Hitler" stuck in my head. ^_^; (...Winter for Poland and France!)

@ Nukie: That's what I understood, too. But does that mean the other Eva's aren't a gentic template of Adam or they are?

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:00 pm

@SSD The whole point to that is EVA-01 is a genetic template from Adam just like the rest of the Evas. She just happened to have a surrogate mother she stole biomass from.

TriLink12 wrote:If Shogoki was born from Adam like the rest of the EVA's than why is it stronger than the rest of them? What sets it apart from the others?

It can't be the souls within the EVA's. I have a hard time believing one soul (Yui's) is somehow stronger/better in some way than the others (Kyoko).

Stronger? How so? Just because she didn't have restraints as strong as the other Evas doesn't mean she's stronger than them. She's just lucky. If an S² equiped EVA-04 ever confronted Yui it would probably have the upperhand power wise, seeing as it was designed for combat and all. EVA-01 does seem to have borrowed some tricks from her surrogate mother, but she's not more powerful that the Production Model Evas. It only appears she is because they have stronger restraints and can't do squat on their own. The Harpies just outright suck because they were rush jobs.
Last edited by Anonymous_Evafan on Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:20 pm

Speaking of the souls within in the Evas, are they IN the Entry Plug, hence Rei's episode 14 line of: "Entry Plug, throne of the soul."?? Image

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:13 pm

In the core I thought
CI wrote:1. The Development of Eva (Eva no Kouzou)

A. Publicly Released Information

The multipurpose humanoid decisive battle weapons developed by Nerv for use in
combat against the Angels. They operate on electric power supplied via cable.
The internal battery is only good for 5 minutes.

B. Generally Recognized Information

Clonally regenerated from the 1st Angel, who was discovered at the South Pole
in the year 2000. In that sense, the Evas have the same common mechanisms as
the Angels. One example is the A.T. Field, which can manipulate a physical
domain. Evas differ from Angels in that they lack both S2 Engines and souls.

C. Confidential Information

An Eva is a vessel for a soul that has abandoned human form, and a
magnification of the ego, i.e., the embodiment of a large human being.
Attempts were made to operate Evas, but souls were not placed within them, and
the entry of a soul was essential. The soul that enters an Eva is called a
pilot. However, it takes more than a pilot to make Eva move. Perhaps the pilot
cannot properly utilize the Eva's capabilities.

D. In-Depth Information

A unit called a core is used to eliminate the discrepancies in Eva, a human
being with the body of a god and a soul. The soul of the pilot's mother, which
is placed within the core, acts as a medium and makes piloting possible

Due to difficulties encountered in the development of EVA-00, the core's system
is poorly constructed, and she falls behind in performance capacity as a result.
Another reason for her inferiority is that EVA-00's pilot, Rei, does not have a
mother.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:18 pm

AEF wrote:
I wrote:If Shogoki was born from Adam like the rest of the EVA's than why is it stronger than the rest of them? What sets it apart from the others?

Stronger? How so? Just because she didn't have restraints as strong as the other Evas doesn't mean she's stronger that them. She's just lucky.

How do you know Shogoki's restraints were weaker than the other Eva's? Couldn't you also say she was able to break her restraints BECAUSE she was stronger than the others?

AEF wrote: If an S² equiped EVA-04 ever confronted Yui it would probably have the upperhand power wise, seeing as it was designed for combat and all. EVA-01 does seem to have borrowed some tricks from her surrogate mother, but she's not more powerful that the Production Model Evas.

EVA-01 was built for combat just as EVA-04 was (and 02 for that matter) so that's a moot point. And having an S2 Engine didn't seem to help the Angels too much. Or the harpies for that matter. Weak or not it was still 9 on 1.

If they didn't have the ability to regenerate themselves (which in my opinion is the only REAL use for an S2, that and not having to run on batteries) they would have gotten there arses handed to them.

AEF wrote:The Harpies just outright suck

Can't argue with that :)
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:25 pm

TriLink12 wrote: If they didn't have the ability to regenerate themselves (which in my opinion is the only REAL use for an S2, that and not having to run on batteries) they would have gotten there arses handed to them.

Did they really regenerate? Looked like they just picked themselves up off the ground.

Also, Eva-01 was able to regenerate without an S^2 (during fight with 3rd and 15th angel), although both times Yui was in control.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:42 pm

Ornette wrote:
TriLink12 wrote: If they didn't have the ability to regenerate themselves (which in my opinion is the only REAL use for an S2, that and not having to run on batteries) they would have gotten there arses handed to them.

Did they really regenerate? Looked like they just picked themselves up off the ground. Also, Eva-01 was able to regenerate without an S^2 (during fight with 3rd and 15th angel), although both times Yui was in control.

My guess is that they would have regenerated eventually like the 7th Angel was able to. All there S^2's could manage at the time was to reactivate them I suppose, much like Unit 01 did in it's fight with the 3rd Angel. If memory serves all it had was a busted eye and maybe a broken arm. All Yui did when she went berserk is picked her butt up of the ground and got back into the battle.

As for her battle with the 14th Angel, didn't she have to rip off Zeruel's arm and use THAT to regenerate her own somehow?

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:53 am

TriLink12 wrote:How do you know Shogoki's restraints were weaker than the other Eva's? Couldn't you also say she was able to break her restraints BECAUSE she was stronger than the others?

Because prior to EoE Kyoko never showed any signs of being able to pull a Yui and beat the shit out of something. EVA-00 and EVA-01 were part of the developement process EVA-02 is the final model, albeit a fucked up looking one. Logically technology was refined on the Developement Models and perfect on the Production Models. Oh yeah, I'm not just talking about physical power supressing restraints, but neural restraints that prevent the resident soul from using their God body aswell.

EVA-01 was built for combat just as EVA-04 was (and 02 for that matter) so that's a moot point. And having an S2 Engine didn't seem to help the Angels too much. Or the harpies for that matter. Weak or not it was still 9 on 1.

No it wasn't. EVA-01 was the Test Type.
ep #08 wrote:Asuka:
After all, Units 00 and 01 were created as part of a development process,
prototype and test type. The fact that it synchronized with an
untrained pilot like you is proof of that. But Unit 02 is different.
Created for actual combat conditions, this is the world's first true Evangelion.
This is the final model!

Red Cross Book wrote:[Eva-02 (NIGOUKI)]
EVA-02 PRODUCTION MODEL. The world's first Eva to be built on the assumption of actual combat. It was designed and the components were manufactured in Japan, but the final assembly and activation tests were carried out in Germany. It first experienced actual combat when it battled the 6th Angel which suddenly appeared during its transport to Japan, and was thereafter committed to the defense of New-Tokyo-3 in the capacity of intercepting the Angels. Red in color, its dedicated pilot is the Second Children -- Sohryu Asuka Langley. It appears that the soul of Asuka's mother -- Sohryu Kyouko Zeppelin -- was made to dwell within Eva-02.

Ornette wrote:Did they really regenerate? Looked like they just picked themselves up off the ground.

If you watch really close the one with the borken neck did regenerate.

TryLink12 wrote:My guess is that they would have regenerated eventually like the 7th Angel was able to. All there S^2's could manage at the time was to reactivate them I suppose, much like Unit 01 did in it's fight with the 3rd Angel. If memory serves all it had was a busted eye and maybe a broken arm. All Yui did when she went berserk is picked her butt up of the ground and got back into the battle.

She fixed the arm before Sachiel killed himself.
ep #02 wrote:FEMALE OPERATOR (OFF):
The Eva's re-activating!

IBUKI:
Impossible! There's no way it can move!

Misato:
It can't be...

RITSUKO:
It's gone berserk?

FUYUTSUKI:
It looks like we've won.

RITSUKO:
An AT field!

Misato:
No! As long as the Angel has that AT field up...

RITSUKO:
He can't touch the Angel!

AOBA (OFF):
Left arm, regenerated!

Misato:
Incredible!

IBUKI:
Unit 01 has deployd its AT field!
It's neutralizing the phase space!

RITSUKO:
No, it's eroding it!

Misato:
It went through that AT field so easily...

Misato:
It's going to self-destruct?!

Misato:
Is the Eva...

RITSUKO:
That must be the Eva's...

Misato:
...true form.

Jobhug
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jobhug » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:58 am

Sorry to go off topic, but...

Does this image and the others like it (Yui in the divesuit, digging up Adam etc) appear anywhere else other than being flashed over the Reiquarium in some versions of 23'?

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”