episode 24' questions

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

episode 24' questions

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:35 pm

I have 2 questions about episode 24' that I has be puzzled.

Why is Rei still undergoing Synchro testing? Isn't unit 00 destroyed?

Does "EVA series" refer to all eva units from 00 to whatever? And wouldn't that mean that even unit 01 came from adam?

Thanks.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: episode 24' questions

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:45 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:Why is Rei still undergoing Synchro testing? Isn't unit 00 destroyed?

That episode is seriously leaky on the continuity (see thread about Kaworu issues). I'm not sure what she can be doing as as not only is -00 gone, but -01 is unlikely to ever accept her again

Tokpile Quohog wrote:Does "EVA series" refer to all eva units from 00 to whatever? And wouldn't that mean that even unit 01 came from adam?

Usually "EVA Series" refers to 05-14 (the harpies); but yes, even EVA-01 is Adamic, even if she was gestated in/on Lilith.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:55 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:Why is Rei still undergoing Synchro testing? Isn't unit 00 destroyed?

Yeah, Mr. Tines said it...

Does "EVA series" refer to all eva units from 00 to whatever? And wouldn't that mean that even unit 01 came from adam?

In this context, it would refer to all Evas. (Although it's used as shorthand for the Mass Production Model Evas later, for whatever reason...)

The deal with EVA-01 is subject to debate. Since Kaworu makes this statement before episode #25', when Keel reveals the bit about EVA-01 being "Lilith's alter-ego", some say that it is effectively falsified. Others question exactly what Keel's statement means in the first place -- considering its vagueness, can it reasonably be used to negate everything we've been told about the Evas (which would then apply to Sho) throughout the course of the show? Extratextual sources do not provide any definitive answers, either; the movie program is complete with a conditional, and the latest, Chronicle, goes so far as to say that the truth is unknown.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:06 pm

thanks for the replies.

But seriously, I can't believe how much discussion Evangelion is causing even today.

Usually I don't try to overanalyze a particular piece of work, but with Eva I just can't help it.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:51 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:thanks for the replies.

But seriously, I can't believe how much discussion Evangelion is causing even today.

Usually I don't try to overanalyze a particular piece of work, but with Eva I just can't help it.

What can we say? It's fun.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Rawinder
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Rawinder » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:44 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:

That episode is seriously leaky on the continuity (see thread about Kaworu issues). I'm not sure what she can be doing as as not only is -00 gone, but -01 is unlikely to ever accept her again

Fanwank: The test is just for the sake of gathering data that can be used towards the dummy plug.

Reichu wrote:The deal with EVA-01 is subject to debate. Since Kaworu makes this statement before episode #25', when Keel reveals the bit about EVA-01 being "Lilith's alter-ego", some say that it is effectively falsified. Others question exactly what Keel's statement means in the first place -- considering its vagueness, can it reasonably be used to negate everything we've been told about the Evas (which would then apply to Sho) throughout the course of the show? Extratextual sources do not provide any definitive answers, either; the movie program is complete with a conditional, and the latest, Chronicle, goes so far as to say that the truth is unknown.

...eh? :shock:

I have no idea what you've written there, but it was my understanding that all Evas were based on a certain template, with all but Eva-01 being created from Adam's genetic material (with Eva-01 being created from Lilith's genetic material).

I'd assume that the reasoning behind that is to have a backup plan: Instrumentality requires the use of both Adam and Lilith. Since they have minds and wills of their own, their reliability in determining mankind's future is suspect. The answer: to use Adam and Lilith substitutes, with the only substantial difference being that the substitutes (i.e. the Evas) can be controlled.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:48 pm

The problem there is EVA-01 looks physically like the other Evas and nothing like Lilith. The only thing that remotely makes sense is Lilith's biomass was rearanged by Adam's DNA making EVA-01 effectively Lilith's suragate child with Adam giving the genetic template.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:16 pm

Rawinder wrote:I have no idea what you've written there

Then read it again, wise guy.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:The problem there is EVA-01 looks physically like the other Evas and nothing like Lilith.

There are ways of potentially fanwanking around that, but those attempts have always led me back to various unaddressable problems. Surrogate Daughter remains my stance of choice.

Lilith's biomass was rearanged by Adam's DNA

"Rearranged"? (How does that account for the additional biomass?)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:21 pm

Reichu wrote:
Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Lilith's biomass was rearanged by Adam's DNA

"Rearranged"? (How does that account for the additional biomass?)

I didn't want to start another are the Seeds female debate, SUE ME!
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:32 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:I didn't want to start another are the Seeds female debate, SUE ME!

You didn't answer the question.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:38 pm

Yes I did in a vague way. I just didn't want to address that to avoid said debate.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:42 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Yes I did in a vague way. I just didn't want to address that to avoid said debate.

Reichu requires direct and unambiguous response to her biomass question. Or else.

kthxbye
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:04 am

Reichu wrote:
Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Yes I did in a vague way. I just didn't want to address that to avoid said debate.

Reichu requires direct and unambiguous response to her biomass question. Or else.

kthxbye

Why? You already know where I stand on this issue.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:24 am

What does THAT ISSUE have to do with my question? You said something about EVA-01 being made by "rearranging" Lilith, and I asked how it could be "rearranging" if additional biomass was involved. That's it.

OH YEAH BY THE WAY LILITH AND EVA-01 ARE GIRLS BUT I BET YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT LOL puppysex
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:36 am

What the hell do you want? I said it was a cop-out to avoid a certain topic. Do I think EVA-01 rearranged Lilith's biomass? Nope! Am I going to state what I think really happened? Nope! I figured that was a safe way to say EVA-01 is still an Adam copy that came out of Lilith without the obligatory are the Seeds female debate as last I checked that's not the topic here. We can go back to the Gender/Sex of Non-Lilim Persons thread if you want but not everyone likes the idea as you've noticed.

lol typo
Last edited by Anonymous_Evafan on Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:00 am

Oh, gotcha.

:hides under her desk:

EDIT:

AEF wrote:What the hell do you want?

Your clothes, your teeth, and your high school diploma. And a sandwich.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:13 am

Reichu wrote:
AEF wrote:What the hell do you want?

Your clothes, your teeth, and your high school diploma. And a sandwich.

WTF? Now you seriously creep me out.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:15 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:WTF? Now you seriously creep me out.

Don't make me post my naked Eva drawings.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:30 am

Reichu wrote:
Anonymous_Evafan wrote:WTF? Now you seriously creep me out.

Don't make me post my naked Eva drawings.

And no one wants that to happen. :wink: Fufufufu.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:16 am

Rei was probably being tested beside Kaworu to see who had the highest Synch ratio and, therefore, who was the best candidate for Unit 02.
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”